Skull Island Showdown

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Skull Island Showdown

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

To finally determine what the most deadly version of Skull Island is, let's see who survives in a all out death battle between each islands deadliest resident.

Team 1933

Skull Island Carnosaur
Brontosaurus
Pteranodon

Team 1976

Giant Python

Team 2005

Vastatosaurus Rex
Ferrucutus
Venatosaurus

Team 2017

Mother Longlegs
Leafwings
Skullcrawlers

Rules
* The combatants are 1 carnosaur, 1 brontosaur, 1 pteranodon, 1 python, 6 venatosaurs, 1 ferrucuttus, 3 V-Rexs, 20 leafwings, 5 Mother Longlegs, and 5 Skullcrawlers (4 Boneyard sized ones and 1 Alpha/Ramarak/Skull Devil/whatever the fuck we're calling the big one Kong fought that's about V rex Size).
* to win, at least one member of the team must be standing.

Arena: Skull Island, 2005, the wetlands that Kong and the last V. Rex fought.

Thoughts

HOLY POOP. Lot to unpack. Going one by one team,

1933: heavy hitters with strength and good armor. These guys will be dominating a large portion of the fight, especially the Brontosaur. However, I am comparing them to how Kong's attack affects them, I have no reference for other attacks.
Chances of winning: 7/10.

1976: At first, I discounted the snake because it got torn apart by Kong. Then I realized it was torn apart by and restrained King Kong, one of the strongest monsters out there. That snake will be murdered, probably by a jaw crunch, but it's gonna do some damage before it does.
Chances: 7/10.

2005: Very strong again but with less defense. The glass canons of the team .
Chances:5/10

2017: The speed and intellect of the Skullcrawlers, the jumps and razor legs of the Longlegs, and the zerg rush of the Leafwings mean this team has a great chance.
Chances: 8/10.

So, I'm leaning towards either the Brontosaur, the Carnosaur, the Python, or the Skullcrawlers. If I had to pick one, I choose the Brontosaur for it's size defense and quick bites causing serious damage (as the 25 Lost World showed)

So, am I right or does one of the other teams take it?
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Re: Skull Island Showdown

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

I'm going with the carnosaur or the brontosaur. I mean, yeah, the SC's are big, but the Carnosaur is 50 damn feet tall if we go by KK33's official height. He's just too massive. And, ofc, the brontosaur itself is massive and has studded sharp teeth.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Vatatosaurus Rex will win this. He's to smart, agile for his size, and a tank. Carnosaurus is the runner up.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

SoggyNoodles2016

Red-Death Gigan wrote:Vatatosaurus Rex will win this. He's to smart, agile for his size, and a tank. Carnosaurus is the runner up.
I'd agree but more then half of the combatants have some way to avoid the jaws of the V-Rex and Carnosaur so, I limit their abilties.

RIP Evan.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Red-Death Gigan wrote:Vatatosaurus Rex will win this. He's to smart, agile for his size, and a tank. Carnosaurus is the runner up.
Carnosaur is larger tho. How will vastato kill it?

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
They are literally the same size, screw going by official sizes. That thing was not 50 ft tall. V-Rexes take it.
Image Image

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

KingKong2005 wrote:That thing was not 50 ft tall.
You're right; if anything he's even taller than that, considering '33 Kong himself is 50 feet tall, and the Rex is easily a head taller. You're off your damn rocker if you think the V-rexes are the same height with their horizontal stances.

That said, though, nothing here can really do anything against the big Skull Crawler considering this is apparently unscaled. He's just gonna steamroll everything.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
They are literally the same size, screw going by official sizes. That thing was not 50 ft tall. V-Rexes take it.
Official sizes put Vastatos at 50 feet long and 25 feet tall. 33 Kong was 50 feet accoring to RKO, and the Carnosaur was a good deal taller than him. Carnosaur steamrolls Vastato.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Carnosaur is larger tho. How will vastato kill it?
Official sizes put Vastatos at 50 feet long and 25 feet tall. 33 Kong was 50 feet accoring to RKO, and the Carnosaur was a good deal taller than him. Carnosaur steamrolls Vastato.
King Kong was 18 ft tall on Skull Island, so the Carno would be around like 25 to 30 ft tall, the same height as the V-Rexes.
Image Image

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: They are literally the same size, screw going by official sizes. That thing was not 50 ft tall. V-Rexes take it.
King Kong was 18 ft tall on Skull Island, so the Carno would be around like 25 to 30 ft tall, the same height as the V-Rexes.
And? Kong was around 60 feet tall in some of the new york scenes if we take the hand into consideration. Just because Legendary Godzilla is around 350 meters tall in the golden gate bridge scene does not mean he is bigger than anime Godzilla, as his official size is 108 meters. The official height RKO gave for Kong was 50 feet, so therefore kong is 50 feet tall.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Official sizes put Vastatos at 50 feet long and 25 feet tall. 33 Kong was 50 feet accoring to RKO, and the Carnosaur was a good deal taller than him. Carnosaur steamrolls Vastato.
And? Kong was around 60 feet tall in some of the new york scenes if we take the hand into consideration. Just because Legendary Godzilla is around 350 meters tall in the golden gate bridge scene does not mean he is bigger than anime Godzilla, as his official size is 108 meters. The official height RKO gave for Kong was 50 feet, so therefore kong is 50 feet tall.
Because Godzilla is the same size most of the movie. Kong is not 50 ft tall in full body shots, and even if he was, most of the film he is 18 ft and 24 ft tall. So I get what you're saying but it just does not apply.
Image Image

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: King Kong was 18 ft tall on Skull Island, so the Carno would be around like 25 to 30 ft tall, the same height as the V-Rexes.
Because Godzilla is the same size most of the movie. Kong is not 50 ft tall in full body shots, and even if he was, most of the film he is 18 ft and 24 ft tall. So I get what you're saying but it just does not apply.
Official stats>What occurs on-screen. The creators of kong himself said he was 50 feet tall. That's the official height, nothing changes that. Cooper himself had Kong's size changed for most of the scenes he was in, he actually ranges from a tad over 15 foot tall to over 60 foot. We can't judge his size on what happens in the film, and therefore we have to (and SHOULD) go by the official statistics.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: And? Kong was around 60 feet tall in some of the new york scenes if we take the hand into consideration. Just because Legendary Godzilla is around 350 meters tall in the golden gate bridge scene does not mean he is bigger than anime Godzilla, as his official size is 108 meters. The official height RKO gave for Kong was 50 feet, so therefore kong is 50 feet tall.
Official stats>What occurs on-screen. The creators of kong himself said he was 50 feet tall. That's the official height, nothing changes that. Cooper himself had Kong's size changed for most of the scenes he was in, he actually ranges from a tad over 15 foot tall to over 60 foot. We can't judge his size on what happens in the film, and therefore we have to (and SHOULD) go by the official statistics.
If that was the case then sure. But it still is just a moot point when both Kong and Carno were a consistent size when they fought. Whatever though, because 3 V-Rexes and 6 Venatosaurs would most definitely take down the less ferocious and dangerous carno, not sure if they can defeat the Skull Crawlers. It's likely they could since there is only one V-Rex sized one and the rest are not even half as tall. Plus, the ferructus in combat with other animals would not be a joke, I think it could totally take down a skull crawler (boneyard sized one) and help inflict damage on the main V-Rex sized one. At first I was worried about the Mother Longlegs but those guys are not only fragile as hell, they're smaller then the V-Rexes. Seems kinda unfair that more of the 2005's arachnids, Pirhandon, Foetadon, and Terapusmordax bats are not present in the battle. Also that the sizes are not scaled to each other.
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:We can't judge his size on what happens in the film, and therefore we have to (and SHOULD) go by the official statistics.
Plus, I think that's the rules of the FMs. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

ALRIGHT. Ending this now.

Carnosaur is 30 feet tall and 95 feet long.
Vastatosaurus is 30 feet tall and 60 feet long.
Big Skullcrawler is 13 feet tall and 52 feet long.

These aren't official stats, this is what I've decided for size stats for the match.

We good? Good.

RIP Evan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

^Yeah so in that case Carno is done, Bronto would be an easy target with defense that will give out too quick (will probably be taken down by 2 - 4 Venatosaurs), yeah essentially I see Team 2005 winning this. Not easily, but still a win.
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

KingKong2005 wrote:^Yeah so in that case Carno is done, Bronto would be an easy target with defense that will give out too quick (will probably be taken down by 2 - 4 Venatosaurs), yeah essentially I see Team 2005 winning this. Not easily, but still a win.
......what?

how does the V rex get an easier win when its smaller than the carnosaur? And for that matter, how do the ventasaurs take down the brontosaurus that quickly? this isn't the 2005 Bronto, it's the giant, bulletproof carnivorous Brontosaur from the original.

RIP Evan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:^Yeah so in that case Carno is done, Bronto would be an easy target with defense that will give out too quick (will probably be taken down by 2 - 4 Venatosaurs), yeah essentially I see Team 2005 winning this. Not easily, but still a win.
......what?

how does the V rex get an easier win when its smaller than the carnosaur? And for that matter, how do the ventasaurs take down the brontosaurus that quickly? this isn't the 2005 Bronto, it's the giant, bulletproof carnivorous Brontosaur from the original.
Carno and V-Rex are the same size height wise but the V-Rexes are far more dangerous and tactical. Not to mention that they took more damage from a stronger/more furious/more animalistic King Kong. The venatosaurs are faster then the bronto, I don't see why they wouldn't plan an attack on it if it isn't already taken out by the Skull Crawlers or even the ferructus. Bronto is big, sure, but it won't last against those guys. I just rewatched the scene, it is not that quick or even quickbiting, it's just a giant target for the venatosaurs, SC, ML, or VR. And by the way, not a single shot was fired at the Bronto so it's not bulletproof. That's why Venatosaurs could take it down.
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

When did the V-rexes demonstrate any kind of takedown power, though? They kept getting multiple free shots in, and their bites seemed to be doing... pretty much nothing. Kong was fighting all three with a severe handicap and one arm essentially tied behind his back, and didn't seem to be much the worse for wear afterward- so is there any indication that their speed will avail them anything if they can't even do damage to a saurian of their own size which is, presumably, a bit more armored and dense than the mammalian flesh that they already weren't making any progress against?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Zarm wrote:When did the V-rexes demonstrate any kind of takedown power, though? They kept getting multiple free shots in, and their bites seemed to be doing... pretty much nothing. Kong was fighting all three with a severe handicap and one arm essentially tied behind his back, and didn't seem to be much the worse for wear afterward- so is there any indication that their speed will avail them anything if they can't even do damage to a saurian of their own size which is, presumably, a bit more armored and dense than the mammalian flesh that they already weren't making any progress against?
King Kong was just a monster on a whole other level, but V-Rexes are the reason Kong's species even went extinct for the most part. King Kong was way too agile for them to take him down, the only monster that the V-Rexes would have trouble with is the Skull Crawler but 3 could totally take it down (especially with the added guns of the Ferructus and Venatosaurs). I think Team 2005 would be the last standing.
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image