Skull Island Showdown

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016
Interpol Agent

Skull Island Showdown

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:28 pm

To finally determine what the most deadly version of Skull Island is, let's see who survives in a all out death battle between each islands deadliest resident.

Team 1933

Skull Island Carnosaur
Brontosaurus
Pteranodon

Team 1976

Giant Python

Team 2005

Vastatosaurus Rex
Ferrucutus
Venatosaurus

Team 2017

Mother Longlegs
Leafwings
Skullcrawlers

Rules
* The combatants are 1 carnosaur, 1 brontosaur, 1 pteranodon, 1 python, 6 venatosaurs, 1 ferrucuttus, 3 V-Rexs, 20 leafwings, 5 Mother Longlegs, and 5 Skullcrawlers (4 Boneyard sized ones and 1 Alpha/Ramarak/Skull Devil/whatever the skreeonk we're calling the big one Kong fought that's about V rex Size).
* to win, at least one member of the team must be standing.

Arena: Skull Island, 2005, the wetlands that Kong and the last V. Rex fought.

Thoughts

HOLY POOP. Lot to unpack. Going one by one team,

1933: heavy hitters with strength and good armor. These guys will be dominating a large portion of the fight, especially the Brontosaur. However, I am comparing them to how Kong's attack affects them, I have no reference for other attacks.
Chances of winning: 7/10.

1976: At first, I discounted the snake because it got torn apart by Kong. Then I realized it was torn apart by and restrained King Kong, one of the strongest monsters out there. That snake will be murdered, probably by a jaw crunch, but it's gonna do some damage before it does.
Chances: 7/10.

2005: Very strong again but with less defense. The glass canons of the team .
Chances:5/10

2017: The speed and intellect of the Skullcrawlers, the jumps and razor legs of the Longlegs, and the zerg rush of the Leafwings mean this team has a great chance.
Chances: 8/10.

So, I'm leaning towards either the Brontosaur, the Carnosaur, the Python, or the Skullcrawlers. If I had to pick one, I choose the Brontosaur for it's size defense and quick bites causing serious damage (as the 25 Lost World showed)

So, am I right or does one of the other teams take it?
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gawdziller1954
Interpol Agent

Re: Skull Island Showdown

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:04 pm

I'm going with the carnosaur or the brontosaur. I mean, yeah, the SC's are big, but the Carnosaur is 50 damn feet tall if we go by KK33's official height. He's just too massive. And, ofc, the brontosaur itself is massive and has studded sharp teeth.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Postby Red-Death Gigan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 am

Vatatosaurus Rex will win this. He's to smart, agile for his size, and a tank. Carnosaurus is the runner up.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

SoggyNoodles2016
Interpol Agent

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:43 am

Red-Death Gigan wrote:Vatatosaurus Rex will win this. He's to smart, agile for his size, and a tank. Carnosaurus is the runner up.

I'd agree but more then half of the combatants have some way to avoid the jaws of the V-Rex and Carnosaur so, I limit their abilties.

Gawdziller1954
Interpol Agent

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Red-Death Gigan wrote:Vatatosaurus Rex will win this. He's to smart, agile for his size, and a tank. Carnosaurus is the runner up.

Carnosaur is larger tho. How will vastato kill it?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Return to “Fantasy Matches”