Godzilla (Final Wars) vs. Anguirus (Showa), Rodan (Showa) and King Caesar (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Godzilla (Final Wars) vs. Anguirus (Showa), Rodan (Showa) and King Caesar (Showa)

Post by Coobzilla03 »

We all know Godzilla decimated these 3 in Final Wars, but can he stand up to their tougher, Showa forms?

Godzilla (Final Wars)

vs.

Rodan (1964)
Anguirus (1968/74)
King Caesar (Showa)

Arena: Mt. Fuji (Final Wars)

Rules:
1. Godzilla is scaled down to 50 meters, 27,500 tons
2. Other heights and weights remain the same (with Rodan's wingspan being 150 meters as opposed to 120)

Verdict: I think the team has it. With them all attacking at once, they should be able to eventually take down Godzilla. Anguirus might die, though. Also, imagine how cool seeing Godzillla's beam be redirected through King Caesar would be.
Resized Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Godzilla (Final Wars) vs. Anguirus (Showa), Rodan (Showa) and King Caesar (Showa)

Post by Maritonic »

Rodan '64 is relatively useless in the grand scheme of things, even more so against a tank like Final Wars Godzilla.

Anguirus and King Caesar would absolutely put up a fight, but I simply can't imagine them getting the upper hand against THIS strong of a Godzilla. I think this would honestly play out more or less like the fight did in Final Wars except Rodan would go down almost instantly, and King Caesar would put up a lot more of a fight.

Godzilla has this, no question about it.

Am....am I allowed to vote on this one....?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla (Final Wars) vs. Anguirus (Showa), Rodan (Showa) and King Caesar (Showa)

Post by Zarm »

I don't see the team as having the damage potential to take down Godzilla. He's just too much of a tank/damage sponge. They'll last much longer, but... realistically, the only real punisher here is King Caesar, and he's greatly aided by having a partner, or a thing he can knock down and straddle. The worst of it will be his own redirected ray- and if you assume Rodan is immune to it, the fight would last longer with only Anguirus vulnerable to it- but I don't think they'll be able to manage enough damage even with that to put Godzilla on the ropes- especially since he's not a ray-only Godzilla.

I must concur with Maritonic.

Yes, the other was just a closed tournament that people had signed up from. No such restrictions here!

Also, every time I type your name, my brain always adds an r between the t and o, which makes you sound much more like a robot.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Yeah, you can vote :lol:

I contest the uselessness of Rodan. He's a tank and will be a thorn in Godzilla's side the whole time. I don't know if Godzilla's ray has showed the power to defeat anyone but Anguirus. I don't remember it being much more than a fire hose in that it is forceful but has not too much killing power against anything relatively tough.

Note: this was written before Zarm's post
Resized Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Rodan didn't do anything to aid in defeating Ghidorah except crash into him and help Mothra ride on his back. In Destroy All Monsters he gets zapped once then flies away. He may have had more potential but I genuinely think he never showed us anything impressive to justify a win here. At least, nothing moreso than what Rodan did in Final Wars.

When it comes to Godzilla's beam, it roasts Zilla, blows off Gigan's head and sends Hedorah and Ebirah FLYING in the air.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Rodan can do the same thing here. I'm with you on him not being able to do much, but he'll at least be a distraction. He's pretty durable though, he took Godzilla's beam well and rammed into Ghidorah who was double his weight going top speed and was fine.

Zilla and Gigan are pretty flimsy in that movie. The Ebirah and Hedorah thing is a good showing, but did the ray kill them?
Resized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

... Showa Rodan might lack offensive capabilities, but he's FAR more useful than FW Rodan could ever hope to be. He certainly won't KO himself against a mountainside, that's for certain :P

That's really the case with this match: Everyone here is a straight upgrade from their FW incarnations. King Caesar actually knows how to FIGHT, and his tackles were denting Showa MG's space armor. Showa Anguirus got dropped from how high up, then got KG stomping all over him, and it did nothing to him, and Showa Rodan is a flying battering ram that will annoy the hell out of FW Godzilla. Nevermind all three are smart enough to formulate a plan and work together, which, while the FW crew SORTA tried with the soccer ball attack... ended up with FW Angy getting KO'd against a mountainside.

That said, both Showa Rodan and Showa Angy lack potent offensive capabilities, and FW can reasonably outlast them. The main issue here is King Caesar, who can give FW a run for his money if not beat him up if he's distracted by the other two. I'm leaning the Showa trio, but it's going to be a LOOOONG fight.

Also, on the topic of FW's beam, that thing is so goddamn inconsistent it's impossible to properly gauge. One minute it struggles to do anything to an ice mountain the building was on, the next it blows up a meteor, the next it pushes Ebirah and Hedorah (and really, only pushes them, sicne we can hear their cries of pain as they're pushed so far back, the next it only pushes Monster X back a few dozen meters.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

The Showa incarnations are significantly more durable, no doubts about that. I just can't see them doing enough damage to Godzilla here to justify a win. Especially since this is also a very physical Godzilla, not relying entirely on beams.

But, agreed on the varying degrees of Godzilla's beam strength in this. That's certainly a factor to consider.

As said though, what real damage can these guys do to wear Godzilla down?
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That's it exactly- they are more durable, it's their ability to dish it out in return that I'm not sure about. But KC is definitely going to be the heavy-hitter here. And honestly, if Anguirus and Rodan could provide him the kind of tag-team support he needs to really do his smashing tackles, that could do a lot to even things up.

I'm still not convinced it would be enough, but I see the potential.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

The Showa Trio would most certainly fare better than their FW counterparts, but FinalGoji is still too much for them to overcome. Showa Rodan would be the most problematic, as he's easily Showa Godzilla's equal. But FinalGoji's durability cancels out Rodan's attacks, and his Atomic Beam is still a force to be reckoned with, despite its power variance. Last I checked, FinalGoji's heat ray is consistently stronger than its low-level showings. It will at the very least keep his foes at a distance.

Here's another thing to consider: FW Anguirus, who is more massive than Godzilla, pinged off Godzilla's chest like a tennis ball. That's how mind-bogglingly durable he is. And though you could argue the FW Trio are weak for being KO'd by a mountain, Showa Anguirus isn't that much better (e.g., Ghidorah's indirect gravity beam pathetically knocked Anguirus out cold) and, what is most relevant, FinalGoji is vastly superior to those monsters. And it doesn't matter how weak you are, stats are stats; FW Anguirus could be the weakest kaiju in existence, but he's still 60,000-tons, and his 60,000-ton bulk bounced off Godzilla's extremely durable body.

FinalGoji wins this.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Showa Anguirus isn't that much better (e.g., Ghidorah's indirect gravity beam pathetically knocked Anguirus out cold)
We forgetting that as soon as Anguirus woke up, he bit down on Ghidorah's tail, and was flown into the air, and dropped from 1,000's of feet onto his back, making a giant indentation in the ground, just to get up like it was nothing? Then did the same damn thing in 1999 only to be stomped on until passing out, then getting up and rejoining the fight as soon as Godzilla got out of the way?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Showa Anguirus isn't that much better (e.g., Ghidorah's indirect gravity beam pathetically knocked Anguirus out cold)
We forgetting that as soon as Anguirus woke up, he bit down on Ghidorah's tail, and was flown into the air, and dropped from 1,000's of feet onto his back, making a giant indentation in the ground, just to get up like it was nothing? Then did the same damn thing in 1999 only to be stomped on until passing out, then getting up and rejoining the fight as soon as Godzilla got out of the way?
All this is true. So now, I invite you to contemplate the main point of my message: The Final Wars Trio (Rodan, Anguirus, and King Caesar) are relatively average kaiju, but still have decent feats. The same is true of the Showa kaiju, except Rodan -- who is, as previously mentioned, on Godzilla's level. Now all these kaiju have glaring low-showings (e.g., FW Anguirus being KO'd against a mountain; Showa Anguirus being KO'd by an indirect beam). So, while you're keen on bringing up Showa Anguirus's impressive feats to counterweight his shortcomings, you're opposed to doing the same for the FW kaiju.

While you might not think the FW kaiju have any impressive feats whatsoever, as your previous posts have made crystal clear, they still have decent showings that negate their low-showings (e.g., FW Rodan bashing heads with King Caesar and shrugging it off shortly after that> plummeting into the ground.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

There's a good chunk more impressive things Showa did. Like get his ass flung around like a rag doll by Fake Godzilla, running into a buzzsaw and getting up afterwards, getting dropped directly onto his back from a good chunk of distance in the air. Twice.
Compared to GFW Anguirus: got kicked, stomped on, and KO'd by a mountain, you know, despite his Thunderball mode being listed as 'protecting him'.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.