Shin Godzilla vs. Surtur

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
UltimateDitto
Futurian

Shin Godzilla vs. Surtur

Postby UltimateDitto » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:02 pm

God incarnate vs. Asgardian Doomsday

Shin Godzilla
Height: 118 m
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzi ... tml#fourth
Vs.
Surtur
Height: 90 m
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Surtur
Spoiler:

skip to 2:55 ^

Arena: Tokyo

Rules: Surtur can't destroy the planet.
Shin Godzilla can't overheat.
Surtur loses if his helmet is destroyed.
Shin Godzilla can't adapt

I'm giving the fight to Surtur, even though Shin Godzilla has the energy rays, I feel like that magma sword would carve into Shin Godzilla and seriously harm him.
*MechaGoji Bro7503's Mile high quote*

"Did you really just quote ALL of that, JUST to say you didn't know there was a Lion King end credit scene ?" - Lain of The Wired
Resized Image
Tournament stats: 2 - 3

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Re: Shin Godzilla vs. Surtur

Postby Kiryu2012 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 pm

Feel like Surtur's got this in the bag. His destructive power looks a lot more impressive than what Shin is capable of. It doesn't help that Shin doesn't attack first, meaning Surtur's got a good shot at winning this.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

MechaGoji Bro7503
EDF Soldier

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:38 am

Yeah, I gotta go with Surtur. I doubt Shin could regenerate from a repeated attack of that fire sword.

A more interesting fight would be Godzilla Earth vs Surtur.
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

Kaiju-King42
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:09 am

It's just a fiery sword.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:57 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:It's just a fiery sword.

Said firey sword blew up an entire city and killed a god of death in like. 20 seconds tops.

Giratina93

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Vatarian wrote:

Said firey sword blew up an entire city and killed a god of death in like. 20 seconds tops.

Granted, said God of Death was a fraction of Sutur's size... be like stabbing a pill big with a Great Sword. yeah, the pill bug's super durable and tanky, but... really big weapon OP against it.

As for this fight... I'm going to give this to Shin, because when we saw Surtur being attacked by the Hulk, the Hulk was actually damaging his helmet before he got plucked and thrown away. Shin's laser light show is going to be doing a lot more damage than the MCU Hulk could dish out, and Surtur's not going to enjoy that. Now, with how passive Shin likes to play, Surtur's going to get the first hit, and that swing's going to hurt... but it won't kill Shin, and that's going to be where purple beams start flying, and Surtur gets skewered by the beams at best, and straight up sliced in half or a few beams through the head at worst.

Of course, if Surtur somehow remains standing and Shin exhausts himself into a coma or near helplessness after the laser light show, then Surtur wins by default, but I don't quite see that happening.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kaiju-King42
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Vatarian wrote:

Well yeah. He was like three to five hundred meters tall, lol. Of course it's going to destroy a city if he starts swinging it around.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Zarm
EDF Soldier

Postby Zarm » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:25 am

Giratina93 wrote: Of course, if Surtur somehow remains standing and Shin exhausts himself into a coma or near helplessness after the laser light show, then Surtur wins by default, but I don't quite see that happening.

Overheating is disabled for this match, so that shouldn't happen. :)

I would concur wuth the analysis; Surtur demonstrated vulnerability enough to make him defeatable.
The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:25 am

If he does the flame thrower attack, Surtur could distract Godzilla long enough to get close and swing his sword, cutting into Godzilla, maybe cutting off his arm. Should Shin use the beam, then Surtur would probably take some damage from being up close, let's say he rolls to get behind Shin, has to deal with the tail, Surtur can easily cut off a good portion of it, that sword has some reach.

I think Surtur could survive plenty of hits from the atomic ray, it would be similar to being impaled by Hela's Spears, it would slow him down but most likely wouldn't defeat him, since he's a fire lava demon. If the beams can successfully damage the crown enough, Wich is totally possible, then Godzilla takes the win.
*MechaGoji Bro7503's Mile high quote*

"Did you really just quote ALL of that, JUST to say you didn't know there was a Lion King end credit scene ?" - Lain of The Wired
Resized Image
Tournament stats: 2 - 3

Return to “Fantasy Matches”