Pacific Rim vs. Rampage

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Pacific Rim vs. Rampage

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Like you said, the creators were ignoring physics. More likely than not they didn't give a damn if that was how it worked - there was still a massive explosion caused by it. That and a flaming moth crashing into something isn't exactly a fair comparison.
Thank you for perfectly exemplifying precisely the type of logic I was referring to a couple posts ago.
Oof.
There was a "massive explosion" that, from what I recall, didn't do anything to the surrounding area. No crater, no scorched ground. The only things affected were Mega-Kaiju and Gipsy Avenger. It was all flash and no substance. A pretty effect and nothing else. You're trying to assign value to something that has no value. Do you think like all Heisei Toho kaiju are electrically charged because there's sparks every time they bump into each other? I certainly hope not.

Again, my assessment could change once the home release comes out, but until then that's how I see it based off of memory and incomplete YouTube clips.
You certainly tote a fair point; however, I still think it's ridiculous to say that mothra crashing into gigan was the same level as gypsy danger falling at terminal velocity into the megakaiju and causing such a blast, even if there was no marks(which, I imagine the avalanche it caused could count). It very much feels like understatement.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

FW Gigan wasn't destroyed by Mothra's collision; Gigan was destroyed by Mothra's fire attack. One of my official Toho books corroborates this as being the work of one of Mothra's abilities. Other sources confirm this, too.

As for the circumstances behind Mega-Kaiju's demise, it appears Gipsy Avenger's collision wasn't solely responsible.
Note: This impending analysis of mine is subject to change, pending on the Blu ray/DVD release.
-After Gipsy Avenger made contact, a greenish light flashed from Gipsy's upper body.
-Mega-Kaiju wasn't even initially knocked back by the collision itself, as I originally thought. No, Mega-Kaiju wasn't blown back until after the green light exploded into a shockwave.
-Gipsy Avenger is nowhere to be seen at this point; Mega-Kaiju, having been blasted back for what appears to be a quarter of a mile, breathes his very last breath before dying.
-It's then we realize Mega-Kaiju's body had been severed, his lower-severed half lying hundreds of meters away from his upper half.

Despite this analysis of mine, we should wait until the home release. Frame-by-frame analysis with a higher resolution is more reliable and might reveal crucial details.
Last edited by Tomzilla on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Tomzilla wrote:FW Gigan wasn't destroyed by Mothra's collision; Gigan was destroyed by Mothra's fire attack. One of my official Toho books corroborates this as being the work of one of Mothra's abilities. Other sources confirm this, too.
Despite this analysis of mine, we should wait until the home release. Frame-by-frame analysis with a higher resolution is more reliable and might reveal crucial details.
Indeed.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

I think it's 50/50. If all the Rampage kaiju survive, they could kill the Mega Kaiju. However, if George and Ralph die, Lizzie gets raped by the Mega-Kaiju.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Tomzilla wrote:FW Gigan wasn't destroyed by Mothra's collision; Gigan was destroyed by Mothra's fire attack. One of my official Toho books corroborates this as being the work of one of Mothra's abilities. Other sources confirm this, too..
TOM

Please

I must have this information

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu