Godzillas 94 & 99 Vs Shin & GMK Godzillas

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzillas 94 & 99 Vs Shin & GMK Godzillas

Post by Zarm »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
Zarm wrote:How do you support that claim? He went down, conceded. He got back up again, and everyone treated it as a suspenseful, doomful moment in which it appears that the plan hadn't worked. By all appearances, he was just about to roast them when suddenly the calcification kicked in. In what way do you see that as some kind of final, dying struggle?

Again, simply stating the fact that he does become exhausted is specifically leaving out half of the relevant facts- namely, how quickly he got back up again. Trying to discount it as some sort of dying anomaly rather than a direct return to the fight, as he'd repeatedly demonstrated before, doesn't hold water without some significant supporting evidence to back up that conclusion.
They stated while monitoring his condition that the coagulant was starting to have an effect the first time he got up.
There was no evidence I could see that he was actually being affected by it, physically, until the calcification (it seemed that any effect was internal, to me, but not affecting his movements or skill)- but even accepting that as a premise, that strengthens Shin's position. Even under those effects (if any), he was coming to his feet and on the verge of attacking then; presumably, without the coagulant present, he would be even faster-recovering. Regardless, this is either non-affecting or even positive on the case of Shin's very brief recovery from energy exhaustion.

Inferno Rodan wrote:So you're telling me that he thought a tiny, slow-moving drone was more of a threat than multiple large objects racing toward him at high speed... just because the drone was slightly above the ground? How on earth is that more plausible than "he can't fire a full-strength beam while unconscious and running low on energy"?
More plausible because he... demonstrated the ability to fire a beam while unconscious, and wasn't low on energy at the time of the train attacks, since immediately after he launched a full barrage (unless we are talking about a different sequence of events?) Again, he destroyed the drone while unconscious, early into his recovery period. He fired on multiple drones and targets immediately after the train bomb. Neither of these are disputable facts (unless I am remembering the order, here?) So there's no logical case for saying that he instantaneously lost the ability to attack for a few moments in-between those events. That he saw the trains as no threat directed at him is very plausible; he's already run across dozens of trains and cars that posed him no threat (whereas flying things, I can definitely see him taking no chances on after the bombing).

Unless we are talking at cross-purposes (again, handicapped by not having the film right in front of me), and you're saying the train bombing happened after the initial beam barrage (which is what I'd thought at first), with his energy low/overheated- in which case, I think you may be misunderstanding my argument- which is simply that when he does go into a coma, he retains offensive capabilities after a short recharge; whereas if he runs low/overheats while conscious, then after a few minutes' recharge, he is able to attack again. Either way, he's not out of the fight after a barrage- just taking a few minutes' recovery.
Inferno Rodan wrote:Except for the part where, you know, he showed he was incapable of destroying a target more substantial than a tiny drone while comatose.
See above. If the trains happened first, then sorry, there was no demonstration of incapacity and incapacity wouldn't be logical. If the trains were post-barrage, then agreed, it's not like his beams are uninterrupted, he does require a few minutes to recover first.
Inferno Rodan wrote: When he was comatose:
"Ambassador Lansing just reported coalition projections that Gojira's energy beam will be restored within 360 hours to previous levels."

During the finale:
"We wear him down. Keep it discharging until it's spent."
Also there's a person monitoring him with a thermal scan that shows his body temperature dropping as he runs out of energy to fire his beams. This was before any coagulant had been used.
Cool. Well, that makes a lot more sense to me than the overheating. Okay, TohoKingdom- ball's in your court! ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Zarm wrote:There was no evidence I could see that he was actually being affected by it, physically, until the calcification (it seemed that any effect was internal, to me, but not affecting his movements or skill)- but even accepting that as a premise, that strengthens Shin's position. Even under those effects (if any), he was coming to his feet and on the verge of attacking then; presumably, without the coagulant present, he would be even faster-recovering. Regardless, this is either non-affecting or even positive on the case of Shin's very brief recovery from energy exhaustion.
I don't see how any of this goes against my assertion that his movement was the result of desperate struggling.
More plausible because he... demonstrated the ability to fire a beam while unconscious, and wasn't low on energy at the time of the train attacks, since immediately after he launched a full barrage (unless we are talking about a different sequence of events?) Again, he destroyed the drone while unconscious, early into his recovery period. He fired on multiple drones and targets immediately after the train bomb. Neither of these are disputable facts (unless I am remembering the order, here?) So there's no logical case for saying that he instantaneously lost the ability to attack for a few moments in-between those events. That he saw the trains as no threat directed at him is very plausible; he's already run across dozens of trains and cars that posed him no threat (whereas flying things, I can definitely see him taking no chances on after the bombing).

Unless we are talking at cross-purposes (again, handicapped by not having the film right in front of me), and you're saying the train bombing happened after the initial beam barrage (which is what I'd thought at first), with his energy low/overheated- in which case, I think you may be misunderstanding my argument- which is simply that when he does go into a coma, he retains offensive capabilities after a short recharge; whereas if he runs low/overheats while conscious, then after a few minutes' recharge, he is able to attack again. Either way, he's not out of the fight after a barrage- just taking a few minutes' recovery.
I think you're misunderstanding my point. I'm saying Shin isn't capable of defending himself against any substantial threat when comatose. All he did was fry a tiny drone. His phased-array radar itself could conceivably have accomplished that, depending on how powerful the radio waves it sends out are. No beam required.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Which put out G2000 for about as long
About the building thing? That building was at least three times his size, and he was hit by shock wave after shockwave from the millien ship before it actively fell on him. And unlike Shin, who was knocked over by having his...tail...covered? G2K was COMPLETELY covered.

As for the outcome, the 90's duo have this.
94 loved to get up close and personal, and G2K isn't a slouch when it comes to fighting up close. GMK was lucky he fought one monster that was purely T and C, but besides that, his enemies have to be dumb enough to let him bite them. Shin...He got twiggy twigs for arms. He ain't doing shit.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.