Jet Jaguar vs. Kumonga

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Jet Jaguar vs. Kumonga

Post by Zarm »

The current tournament didn't go this way, but the potential matchup intrigued me enough that I wanted to create it anyway!

Jet Jaguar
Jet Jaguar is 50 meters tall and weighs 25,000 tons.

vs.

Kumonga
Resized Image
Kumonga is 45 meters tall and weighs 8,000 tons.

Arena is a forest clearing.

My thoughts: This is a tough one; Jet Jaguar is tough, and I don't think the poison stinger could do much more than possibly puncture a hole in his armor (it might not even do that). On the other hand, Kumonga is tough, too, and I don't know if JJ has the potential to take her down (or avoid the webs, those his size-changing might give him an advantage there).

I think I would give this one to JJ for agility, and the apparent damage-level that he must've dealt offscreen to Gigan to subdue him... but I could honestly see this going either way. (A lot depends on whether changing size would be a reliable way for escaping the webbing or if that trick would only work once or twice before Kumonga somehow compensated for it.)
Last edited by Zarm on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Jet Jaguar vs. Kumonga

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Wouldn't size changing hurt Jet more than help? Wouldn't the web still be stuck to him, and it would just end up capturing man-sized Jet in kaiju-sized web? Or am I being stupid and misremembering things?

Anyway, Jet should still take it. He should be able to close the distance quickly, and without her strongest weapon, Kumonga can't do the damage needed. The stinger shouldn't be able to pierce Jet's armor, we don't see it do anything that suggests it has that piercing power.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Wouldn't size changing hurt Jet more than help? Wouldn't the web still be stuck to him, and it would just end up capturing man-sized Jet in kaiju-sized web? Or am I being stupid and misremembering things?
That's a good question. I envisioned his using the shrinking as a dodge, or at worst, if it covered him completely, shrinking ought to tear him away from a lot of the surface area. But it's possible that such a contraction would still leave a man-sized figure in a kaiju-sized web; his only hope then would be that re-exapnsion would burst him free of the now-contracted web.

I honestly don't know how it would work.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Being a robot will definitely give Jet Jaguar an advantage against Kumonga's poison stinger. Can't say for sure about the webbing however...

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

What can they really do to each other? I guess JJ could squish Kumunga if he stomped it hard enough, but Kumunga can't really harm JJ. It's really strong (over powered fuckin' Showa Godzilla), but all it can really do is immobilize JJ. Guess that counts as a win tho
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

My biggest problem with Kumonga, is that in theory its extremely deadly, and in the film he was, but I don't think he actually is as big a threat as many say. Honestly I think he was just fighting the perfect opponent. Here is why:

Kumonga excelled when his opponent fought at a distance or was relatively weak in strength. He never used his web at close range/ point blank range though, especially when getting thrashed by Godzilla in melee combat. So, as long as you avoided the stinger, you're fine. Godzilla though kept at a distance, repeatedly allowed Kumonga to web him and was shot in the eye with the stinger to which he still fought on (Was it web? Honestly think its the stinger but unsure).

Either way, Jet Jaguar is a melee focused opponent who isn't going to stand around. He will attack close range, rendering the web useless.

Kumonga MIGHT win if JJ stands around but that is a minor chance as.

Kumonga 2/10
Jet Jaguar 8/10
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Greyshot151 wrote:especially when getting thrashed by Godzilla in melee combat.
When the hell did that happen? Kumonga was the one that casually shoved Godzilla over and proceeded to pin him down when Godzilla tried getting close.

Anyway, my thoughts are similar to PIPP's. They can't really hurt each other. Kumonga in particular really can't actually harm JJ, aside from maybe poking little holes in his armor. JJ theoretically has the strength and skills to beat the crap out of Kumonga, but on the flipside he has no way whatsoever to deal with the webbing. I really don't think shrinking would free him from it, and even if it would he never utilized his size changing in battle anyway so I doubt he'd use it here. So I think this would basically end with JJ getting completely webbed up and immobilized, then Kumonga giving up and leaving once he realizes he can't eat the shrink-wrapped tin can. So... I guess that would count as a win for Kumonga in that case?
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I think Kumonga's webbing will be a problem for JJ. Only heat was able to break the web, and JJ has no heat weapon. If he gets stuck in web, Kumonga will get the advantage. The stinger won't do any good, but his clawed legs might penetrate JJ and do some serious damage.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.