Destoroyah vs. Grand King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Destoroyah vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Nope. Watch the scene again. GKG fades away when Mothra kills him in the past... then promptly comes back apparently through sheer force of will. He would have never faded away in the first place if the tail had just regrown. It's nothing official by any means, but I like to think that the tail grew into Desghidorah since it was established in the first movie that he wiped out the dinosaurs, while in ROM3 GKG is blamed for it.
I have a better explanation for that. Toho either didn't know or didn't care about how time travel and paradoxes works, and just did that because they thought it looked neat and saved them time. Because what would even be the point of using GKG in fantasy matches against other kaiju if he could just survive his past self being killed, thus erasing him from time, through sheer force of will? That would be ridiculously above anything any kaiju has ever done, except for Armor Mothra killing him.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I have a better explanation for that. Toho either didn't know or didn't care about how time travel and paradoxes works, and just did that because they thought it looked neat and saved them time. Because what would even be the point of using GKG in fantasy matches against other kaiju if he could just survive his past self being killed, thus erasing him from time, through sheer force of will? That would be ridiculously above anything any kaiju has ever done, except for Armor Mothra killing him.
Obviously. I was merely using it as a counter to the equally absurd notion that Destoroyah can only be killed via extreme temperatures and will otherwise just keep coming back endlessly.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Obviously. I was merely using it as a counter to the equally absurd notion that Destoroyah can only be killed via extreme temperatures and will otherwise just keep coming back endlessly.
Ok, my bad then.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Grand King Ghidorah takes this. It'd be a pretty long, drawn out battle. But let's look at a few things here...

GKG's shield. Some might think the OD Beam is stronger than most of Rainbow Mothra's attacks. Let's just pretend it is. Let's pretend that beam is stronger than even his standard forehead beams and wing lightning. However, GKG's shield was able to protect it not just from those beams, but also Leo's chest cannon. This a weapon that was able to catapult Dagahra, a monster that weighed over two times his size, off of him. That is some tremendous firepower that the shield was able to render null. There is nothing in Destoroyah's arsenal that will break that shield. And unlike Leo, Destoroyah can't magically evolve powers (Armor Mothra's beams) to bypass said shield.

Destoroyah has a weak chest region. Grand King Ghidorah's beams, while not nearly as potent as Meltdown Godzilla's final breath attacks, will at least be ripping into Dessy's chest region the same way Godzilla was in hand-to-hand. This is going to cause Destoroyah to eventually break down. And this will be his downfall. Once that happens, Grand King Ghidorah will continue to beam spam. Those Aggregates will go down in massive numbers, a lot faster than Godzilla could do thanks to GKG's shield negating their OD rays and the fact Grand King Ghidorah has more ability and maneuverability to remove the aggregates should any get on him.

In the end, Destoroyah really has no way to harm Grand King Ghidorah. It doesn't have the firepower nor the hand-to-hand ability. And a beam war will go no where for Dessy thanks to GKG's shield and more sheer number of beams it can utilize (three gravity beams and numerous wing lightning blasts). And I'm not even bringing up GKG's combined gravity beam assault which was enough to engulf ALL of Rainbow Mothra's impressive width in a single explosion. That attack WILL hurt Dessy, big time, should GKG break it out.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote: Nope. Watch the scene again. GKG fades away when Mothra kills him in the past... then promptly comes back apparently through sheer force of will. He would have never faded away in the first place if the tail had just regrown. It's nothing official by any means, but I like to think that the tail grew into Desghidorah since it was established in the first movie that he wiped out the dinosaurs, while in ROM3 GKG is blamed for it.
I have a better explanation for that. Toho either didn't know or didn't care about how time travel and paradoxes works, and just did that because they thought it looked neat and saved them time. Because what would even be the point of using GKG in fantasy matches against other kaiju if he could just survive his past self being killed, thus erasing him from time, through sheer force of will? That would be ridiculously above anything any kaiju has ever done, except for Armor Mothra killing him.
This is a tangent, but really, GKG regenerated from the severed tail. That's why the scene is in the movie: to explain events that happen later in the same movie. Even our website says that's what happened. There's no way the tail had anything to do with Dehsghidorah, who isn't even mentioned in RoM3; Dehsghidorah appeared before Mothra changed history, and was described as coming from deep space and attacking Mars before Earth, which doesn't line up with any sequence involving him being born from the severed tail. Please don't blame Toho for the viewers having bizarre misconceptions.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I kinda got the impression that the severed tail grew into a second GKG that took the first one's place in present day after the original was unmade. Is that an accurate understanding?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Ivo-goji wrote:This is a tangent, but really, GKG regenerated from the severed tail. That's why the scene is in the movie: to explain events that happen later in the same movie. Even our website says that's what happened. There's no way the tail had anything to do with Dehsghidorah, who isn't even mentioned in RoM3; Dehsghidorah appeared before Mothra changed history, and was described as coming from deep space and attacking Mars before Earth, which doesn't line up with any sequence involving him being born from the severed tail. Please don't blame Toho for the viewers having bizarre misconceptions.
And, again, it was stated in RoM that Desghids was the one that killed off the dinosaurs. No matter how you look at it, there's inconsistencies between the two of them.
Zarm wrote:I kinda got the impression that the severed tail grew into a second GKG that took the first one's place in present day after the original was unmade. Is that an accurate understanding?
If Toho has taught us anything when it comes to how they handle time travel shenanigans, it's that you're best off just politely nodding your head and not even trying to figure it out.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

This is a tangent, but really, GKG regenerated from the severed tail. That's why the scene is in the movie: to explain events that happen later in the same movie. Even our website says that's what happened.
A fan made bio.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

Post by ZombiezillaFans »

Destoroyah wins. Honestly, grand king ghidorah might be able to do some damage but grand KG’s Defense actually fails here because Destoroyah has the laser horn that will be able to break GKG’s barrier and if Dessy shoots his micro-oxygen beam at Grand King Ghidorah, I don’t think it will reflect it back. So anyways Destoroyah wins here.

Destoroyah: 7/10

Grand King Ghidorah: 3/10
Last edited by ZombiezillaFans on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

The only chance Destroyah really has is to try and hack Ghidorah's heads off simultaneously. If Rainbow Mothra's clusterfuck of beams couldn't get through that barrier I highly doubt Destroyah's will either. Meanwhile Ghidorah will be blasting the hell outta Destroyah the entire time at his leisure.
Resized Image

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:The only chance Destroyah really has is to try and hack Ghidorah's heads off simultaneously. If Rainbow Mothra's clusterskreeonk of beams couldn't get through that barrier I highly doubt Destroyah's will either. Meanwhile Ghidorah will be blasting the hell outta Destroyah the entire time at his leisure.
How can it kill him though? Even after spamming lots of gravity beams I don’t think that’s enough. And like I said, the laser horn will be able to break the barrier.
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:Destoroyah can't lose unless GKG suddenly gains ice based powers.
We have no idea what Lightening would do to Destoroyah.
Yeah
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Part of the problem with Destoroyah matchups is "do you have ice or REALLY REALLY REALLY HOT fire?" and if you don't, then the next question is "Can you work fast enough to disintegrate Dessy?" If you can't do either of those, YOU DIE. It doesn't matter how durable, fast, or strong you are, if you don't have a sure fire reliable way of killing Destoroyah, YOU WILL DIE.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

GmkGoji wrote:Part of the problem with Destoroyah matchups is "do you have ice or REALLY REALLY REALLY HOT fire?" and if you don't, then the next question is "Can you work fast enough to disintegrate Dessy?" If you can't do either of those, YOU DIE. It doesn't matter how durable, fast, or strong you are, if you don't have a sure fire reliable way of killing Destoroyah, YOU WILL DIE.
Yup
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!