Gigan (Showa) vs Gigan (Millennium)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Gigan (Showa) vs Gigan (Millennium)

Post by BlueGojira »

http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gigan_showa.htm

VS.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gigan_mill.htm#1

-------

AREA: Monster Island.

-------

RULES:

-Gigan Showa doesn't have the ability to fire explosives from his scythes as seen in Zone Fighter.

-Gigan (Millennium) is in his normal form, as opposed to the Modified version with chainsaws.

-Both of them are the same size, weight, and height which would be the average Showa monster.

-No retreating, no outside interference, etc.

------

I'd have to think more about this match for now, and I think I'll decide after seeing other people post on this. (assuming people do post here)
Last edited by BlueGojira on Wed May 03, 2017 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: Gigan (Showa) vs Gigan (Millennium)

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Fucking RIP GFW Gigan.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

LamangoKaijura wrote:skreeonking RIP GFW Gigan.

Probably.

Both Gigans have problems, though. The Showa one constantly flees, and the Final Wars Gigan is made of paper soaked in the rain for too long.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would tend to give this one to Showa Gigan as well- despite Millenium's nifty shogun beam.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

BlueGojira wrote:

Probably.

Both Gigans have problems, though. The Showa one constantly flees, and the Final Wars Gigan is made of paper soaked in the rain for too long.
I thought you said no retreating? That means he won't flee.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Showa Gigan, he's far more durable being able to take more such as being able to fight Godzilla head to head, whereas Final Wars Gigan had his head blown off with ease.

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

2004 Gigan. Far more advanced and deadly. Yeah, 2004's durability is a question mark, but he has the tools to take down the Showa Gigan.

2004 Gigan: 6/10
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
FalconZ wrote:People putting words in my mouth.
Be thankful words are the only things being put in your mouth

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:

Probably.

I thought you said no retreating? That means he won't flee.
I know. I was just talking about their problems in general outside of this match.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Showa Gigan, he's far more durable being able to take more such as being able to fight Godzilla head to head, whereas Final Wars Gigan had his head blown off with ease.
, whereas Final Wars Gigan had his head blownse. off with ease.
By the most kinetic, forcefull beam in Godzilla history. Any kaijus head is gone in that scenario.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

FalconZ wrote:2004 Gigan. Far more advanced and deadly. Yeah, 2004's durability is a question mark, but he has the tools to take down the Showa Gigan.

Showa Gigan took beatings from Showa Godzilla, Jet Jaguar and ZoneFighter, the last one has enough fire power to take out most of the GFW cast. But no, the Gigan that fucking EXPLODED when a moth ran into him is going to win. :roll:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

FalconZ wrote:but he has the tools to take down the Showa Gigan.
...Such as?
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

To make this match less one sided, I'm removing Showa Gigan's explosive claws from ZF because those were strong enough to trip up Zone Fighter and Godzilla, and they pretty much prevent Millennium Gigan from getting anywhere near close to him.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

BlueGojira wrote:To make this match less one sided, I'm removing Showa Gigan's explosive claws from ZF because those were strong enough to trip up Zone Fighter and Godzilla, and they pretty much prevent Millennium Gigan from getting anywhere near close to him.
He didn't FIRE them from his claws anyways. The tips just exploded when ever he smacked something.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:To make this match less one sided, I'm removing Showa Gigan's explosive claws from ZF because those were strong enough to trip up Zone Fighter and Godzilla, and they pretty much prevent Millennium Gigan from getting anywhere near close to him.
He didn't FIRE them from his claws anyways. The tips just exploded when ever he smacked something.
I should probably rewatch Zone Fighter. Thanks for pointing that out.

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

Post by ZombiezillaFans »

FalconZ wrote:2004 Gigan. Far more advanced and deadly. Yeah, 2004's durability is a question mark, but he has the tools to take down the Showa Gigan.

I know it’s been a while since this thread has been active but even though that FW Gigan fought a stronger Godzilla, he barely did any s**t. For example, not even his chainsaws made FW Godzilla bleed. And Gigan’s head in FW was decapitated in a single blast by Godzilla’s Atomic Breath and that’s because his body is ENTIRELY made out of metal but according to the thumbnail of a YT Video called “Evolution of Gigan”, both Showa and FW Gigan’s buzzsaws looks as sharp as each other so I doubt that FW Gigan’s buzzsaw can actually make FW Godzilla bleed since Showa Gigan’s buzzsaw did it to Showa Godzilla but what really makes FW Gigan look like shit is again, his body being entirely being made out of metal.
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Showa Gigan. At least he has feats of durability as opposed to Final Wars Gigan's wet paper towel durability.

Why you guys oughta keep making FW Gigan suffer like this? He's never going to win any matches unless its any weaker monsters like FW Zilla.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Showa takes this for his better durability and fighting skills. FW is too fragile to last very long here.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Showa cuts and beats poor Millennium to death. Maybe those little disc blades he has can do something to his golden counterpart but his beam and physical abilites won't do poop.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

Yup. Showa wins here and and if Showa Gigan were to be 120 meters and the same thing happens to FW Gigan, I probably imagine his head won’t be decapitated because his body is mostly skin.
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Showa Gigan. At least he has feats of durability as opposed to Final Wars Gigan's wet paper towel durability.

Why you guys oughta keep making FW Gigan suffer like this? He's never going to win any matches unless its any weaker monsters like FW Zilla.
I’m not choosing FW Gigan better read my comment properly.
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!