Dream Team vs. Mechagodzilla '74 and Titanosaurus

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Dream Team vs. Mechagodzilla '74 and Titanosaurus

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Resized Image
Godzilla 1970s

&

Rodan and Rodan's Analysis

&

Anguirus and Anguirus's Analysis

vs.

Mechagodzilla '74

&

Titanosaurus

Locale: Monster Island

Rules:
1. Godzilla isn't magnetic
2. 1968 Anguirus
3. No outside interference

Verdict: It depends on who targets who. Titanosaurus can hold off 1 enemy at a time, leaving the other two to face Mechagodzilla. The best scenario for The Dream Team is if Titanosaurus beats up on Anguirus and leaves Godzilla and Rodan to fight Mechagodzilla. That way they stand a good chance. The best scenario for Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus is if Titanosaurus holds of either Godzilla or Rodan, so it'll be Anguirus and either one against Mechagodzilla. But its 2 to 1 odds that Titanosaurus picks Godzilla or Rodan over Anguirus, so Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus win more than not.

Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus, 7/10

Dream Team, 3/10
Resized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dream Team vs. Mechagodzilla '74 and Titanosaurus

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

It's been shown that while Titano IS the stronger of the two, Godzilla can definitely take Titano on 1-on -1. The only thing that was stopping him was Mechagodzilla, who kept interfering. This time, Mechagodzilla doesn't have the luxury to sit back and fire on Godzilla, because Angy and Rodan are running interference this time. Anguirus won't last long unfortunately, but between him and Rodan, Mechagodzilla's got his work cut out for him until someone gets in and clobbers him.

Regardless of whomever ends up against Titano alone, the other two are going to make short work of Mechagodzilla, then gang up on Titano and wreck him.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus should win this. Titanosaurus can distract one of their opponents, allowing Mechagodzilla to blast the other two apart. If Titano goes for Anguirus, even better, because Anguirus will not last long at all, allowing Titano to then distract either Rodan or Godzilla, allowing Mechagodzilla to tear apart the other.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

1968 Anguirus is a lot tougher than '74, methinks. Rodan can tank a lot of hits. And Mechagodzilla has consistently failed to put down Godzilla. Hurt him, sure- but take him out? No. If 70s Godzilla can take on MechaG '75 and Titanosaurus, and Godzilla + Ally could take on '74, I have no doubt that Godzilla and two allies can take on these two. Rodan can likely tank more damage than KC, and can counter MechaG if he tries to go aerial (which was his best advantage over Godzilla and what the magnetism was needed to counter); Anguirus can definitely engage Titanosaurus and should put up a bit of a better showing with MechaG when he's not hoodwinked into think he's Godzilla; he was vulnerable to the ol' jaw-trick, but if it's just MechaG trying to blast him with the arsenal, I think Anguirus' tough shell is going to allow him to hang in there a lot longer than his poor '74 showing. And if he employs the ol' spike-back-launch trick from vs. Gigan, he'll be able to do some damage, too. Godzilla will be effective against either foe. Obviously, a sustained barrage from MechaG will hurt him- but since he won't be dealing with that barrage, or dealing damage, by himself, I think the dream team is going to take this one. There are a few combos of who chooses to fight who that put things in the villains' corner; but not the majority of combos.

Dream team 6.5/10
Villains 3.5/10
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Pardon this Zarm, but I'm too lazy to quote all that. But Godzilla was getting creamed by Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus until there was interference. And I don't think Anguirus's shell will be doing much to protect him from Mechagodzilla's assault or Titanosaurus's monstrous punches and kicks, considering what Anguirus's character analysis said.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Pardon this Zarm, but I'm too lazy to quote all that. But Godzilla was getting creamed by Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus until there was interference. And I don't think Anguirus's shell will be doing much to protect him from Mechagodzilla's assault or Titanosaurus's monstrous punches and kicks, considering what Anguirus's character analysis said.
I... don't actually recall Titanosaurus doing anything monstrous. I watched it about a month ago, but... nothing impressive beyond the tail fan stayed with me. I kinda tend to think of him as slightly more useful in a fight than the Giant Condor, save for the fin.

Godzilla was pretty brutalized by the rotating missiles- but of course, '74 doesn't have those. He was doing pretty well against the duo once he got up form that, up to the point of ripping MechaG's head off (which would be curtains for the '74 version); likewise, Titano's bio suggests that Godzilla had regained the upper hand by the time the sonic waves were employed. In this instance, I would suspect that both of his backup teammates would serve as sufficient distraction to equal the effects of that interference and allow Godzilla to put up just as good a showing against either kaiju. And if attacking in concert, that effectiveness would only increase.

As for Anguirus, as the analysis mentions, he weathered the military assault pretty well. I don't recall any other particular instance of his shell being breached or his taking damage from other weaponry. However, I do recall a certain back-first drop that he walked away from, which I think says something about the durability of this particular incarnation. It's hard to say what feats from other incarnations are applicable here, of course; the '72 version hung in there during the fight with Gigan pretty well, despite taking some hard knocks; the '55 version was, like Rodan, essentially immune to the atomic breath until he was killed. Certainly, he's the weakest of the three- but I do think he's going to be able to absorb enough damage to at the very least be a helpful distraction for the other two. And I don't see Titanosaurus being able to do much to hurt him at all (unless there are some serious strength feats I'm forgetting), unless- as with Raids Again Godzilla and disguised MechaG, he gets up close and wrestles with the head/jaw. (However, I feel like his physiology is ill-suited to that, balance-wise, and that's not a tactic that's as easy to pull off when your victim has backup that can hit your unprotected back while you're doing it!)

I'm not claiming I have the authoritative word on the subject; that's just how I see it. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Pardon this Zarm, but I'm too lazy to quote all that. But Godzilla was getting creamed by Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus until there was interference. And I don't think Anguirus's shell will be doing much to protect him from Mechagodzilla's assault or Titanosaurus's monstrous punches and kicks, considering what Anguirus's character analysis said.
TItano 1 on 1 was getting his shit shoved in by Godzilla. Godzilla was WINNING and even had Titanosaurus held over his head preparing to throw him down before Mechagodzilla interfered. Titano's got the edge in strength, but Godzilla's by far the better fighter between the two of them, and if Mechagodzilla's distracted, Titano's beyond screwed, and it's only a matter of time before he gets a hole blown in his chest by Godzilla's beam. Against any of them 1 on 1, Godzilla could handle decently on his own, and with Rodan and Angy there, whomever Godzilla faces is going to have a very bad time while their backup dancer has to deal with two tenacious prehistoric reptiles that don't know when to give up.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Zarm wrote:
I... don't actually recall Titanosaurus doing anything monstrous. I watched it about a month ago, but... nothing impressive beyond the tail fan stayed with me. I kinda tend to think of him as slightly more useful in a fight than the Giant Condor, save for the fin.

Godzilla was pretty brutalized by the rotating missiles- but of course, '74 doesn't have those. He was doing pretty well against the duo once he got up form that, up to the point of ripping MechaG's head off (which would be curtains for the '74 version); likewise, Titano's bio suggests that Godzilla had regained the upper hand by the time the sonic waves were employed. In this instance, I would suspect that both of his backup teammates would serve as sufficient distraction to equal the effects of that interference and allow Godzilla to put up just as good a showing against either kaiju. And if attacking in concert, that effectiveness would only increase.

As for Anguirus, as the analysis mentions, he weathered the military assault pretty well. I don't recall any other particular instance of his shell being breached or his taking damage from other weaponry. However, I do recall a certain back-first drop that he walked away from, which I think says something about the durability of this particular incarnation. It's hard to say what feats from other incarnations are applicable here, of course; the '72 version hung in there during the fight with Gigan pretty well, despite taking some hard knocks; the '55 version was, like Rodan, essentially immune to the atomic breath until he was killed. Certainly, he's the weakest of the three- but I do think he's going to be able to absorb enough damage to at the very least be a helpful distraction for the other two. And I don't see Titanosaurus being able to do much to hurt him at all (unless there are some serious strength feats I'm forgetting), unless- as with Raids Again Godzilla and disguised MechaG, he gets up close and wrestles with the head/jaw. (However, I feel like his physiology is ill-suited to that, balance-wise, and that's not a tactic that's as easy to pull off when your victim has backup that can hit your unprotected back while you're doing it!)

I'm not claiming I have the authoritative word on the subject; that's just how I see it. :)
Holy cow you type up a book :lol:.

About Titanosaurus: He lifted Godzilla with his punches and lifted Godzilla up with only his neck muscles. He also punted Godzilla out of Tokyo. (Godzilla weighs 2/3rds Titano's own weight)

About Anguirus: Good points, but there are some strength feats for Titano you missed (see above). I'd be hard for either of them to damage him from the back, but from the front they can go to town on him. Mechagodzilla's weapons are more damaging than Godzilla's atomic breath, I'd say, and Titanosaurus's kicks will really hurt.

Hope I didn't miss anything.
Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The Dream team wins this. The worst match they have is Angurius vs Titanosaurs alone and even then Titano would not beat Angurius before Rodan who is just as if not smarter than Godzilla and Godzilla himself double team MechaG,

Godzilla can also two shot Titano with his atomic ray as soon as the fight starts if he wants and if Rodan takes on Titano and lets the kaiju tag team champs battle MechaG they might win as well.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image