Mothra Leo vs SpaceGodzilla

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Mothra Leo vs SpaceGodzilla

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/mothra_leo.htm#i
Vs.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/spacegodzilla.htm#sg
Rules: Leo can transform into all forms except for Light Speed and Armor.
SpaceGodzilla has crystal fortress.
Verdict: I'm going to abstain until I hear further arguments. Leo has insane amounts of firepower, but SpaceGodzilla has insane levels of durability. I could see SpaceGodzilla being worn down by the beam spam, but I could just as easily see the Corona beam wearing Leo down after enough uses.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: Mothra Leo vs SpaceGodzilla

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Nice double topic, man :P. As for the match, I haven't seen Mothra Leo is action before, so I can't say either way.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

This is tough. My knee-jerk reaction is that my Mothra gets killed- because that's always my knee-jerk reaction for Mothra. (To be fair, it's kind of a Trope of Mothra.) But this is a matter that has the ability to break into a multi-format internal attacker, like a Mothra virus. This is a Mothra that can use mystical powers to seal away a Kaiju that is too tough to kill into a mystical prison. And while the former might be limited by a potential crystalline internal structure (though if Spacegodzilla has a secondary brain in there, it would prove lethal!) the latter certainly has the potential to give Mothra the win.

Adding to that a corona beam that dilutes its potential with a telekinetic aspect rather than a focus on pure destructive force like Godzilla's, and a plethora of Mothra beam-attacks that could potentially shred the crystal forest... and I think Leo could actually have a shot at this. Not an easy one, but I think he could do it.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Y'know, I find myself leaning towards Leo. Not only is he durable enough to weather several hits from the Corona Beams and keep fighting, his firepower is phenomenally potent (seriously, his Sun Strike Buster is easily in the top three most potent weapons in the entire Toho Heisei era). Combine all those attributes with his mobility advantage over SG and you have a kaiju that is well equipped to take down the space monster.

Really and truly, the only advantage Spacegodzilla has over Mothra Leo is his defenses. Leo has him beat in the strength, speed, and firepower departments, while matching him in several other areas. That gives the giant beam moth a considerable edge over the cosmic saurian, which I think will also net him the win in the end. Either way, this would be an incredibly close fight that will prove taxing for both kaiju.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

... Sorry EG, gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Were this Rainbow Mothra, then I could definitely see him giving SpaceG a run for his money...

But as it is, it's just vanilla Leo, the same Leo that struggled against Dagahra. Going toe to toe with Desghidorah is sorta impressive, but Desghidorah's offense outside of the Pyre Road is rather lacking plus relatively bad accuracy overall(It's his obscenely high durability and endurance that makes him scary). Contrast SpaceGodzilla, who not only has attacks far more lethal than Desghidorah could hope to use, but with his fortress up his opportunities are near limitless. He's going to bombard Leo with corona beams, crystal shards, telekinetically throw him around like a ragdoll, and if things do start going south for him, impale the moth on his tail and fling him to the side. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Spacegodzilla went into flight mode to take on Leo, and considering what one of his shoulder crystals did to Moguera...

Again, were this Rainbow Mothra, it would be a lot harder for me to decide...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I should point out Mothra Leo struggled with Dagahra only because he ended up taking it to his environment the ocean. Once Mothra Leo achieved his Aqua form however, Dagahra no longer proved to be a challenge.

Not to say Dagahra isn't weak because he's not especially since he's capable of tanking any of Mothra Leo's attacks but just thought it'd be something I'd point out.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Uh, Giratina93, the rules say Leo can transform into any of his forms except for Light Speed and Armor.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Uh, Giratina93, the rules say Leo can transform into any of his forms except for Light Speed and Armor.
*Squints eyes to read rules more closely...*

... Well, in that case, I take back most of what I said above. This is definitely going to be a toughie... I'll need to think on this. Also depends on what form Leo starts off in. Normal mode, most of what I said above applies. If Rainbow... SpaceG's in for a tough time, though his regen should be able to hold out. Also, Leo's still not going to like getting a wing sliced off from a fly by from Spacegodzilla...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

This isn't as close as you guys think. SGs corona beam was blowing chunks off of Godzilla, and I'm sure Godzilla>Leo(in terms of durability). Its nice and all tha Leo has alot of beams, but this is SG with a Crystal Fortress. Which means he has borderline unlimited energy. A few Corona beams/crystals being throw at Leo will down him, leaving him open to be put into a circle of crystals(Sort of like what he did to Junior, although I dont know the exact name of it.), or for him to just get beam spammed to death. Either or, SpaceGodzilla wins this. And will Leo even have time to transform? I swear it took him forever to change into Rainbow Mothra and Armor Mothra...
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Its nice and all tha Leo has alot of beams, but this is SG with a Crystal Fortress. Which means he has borderline unlimited energy.
I would think the aforementioned plethora of beams would have the capacity to raze the crystal forest pretty quickly- especially if he uses one of his 'break into a bunch of pieces and attack multiple vectors at once' attacks, of which he demonstrated at least two; to my mind, that will cull away the power surplus pretty quickly.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Zarm wrote:
MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Its nice and all tha Leo has alot of beams, but this is SG with a Crystal Fortress. Which means he has borderline unlimited energy.
I would think the aforementioned plethora of beams would have the capacity to raze the crystal forest pretty quickly- especially if he uses one of his 'break into a bunch of pieces and attack multiple vectors at once' attacks, of which he demonstrated at least two; to my mind, that will cull away the power surplus pretty quickly.
This is a good point, but SG could easily down Leo while he is focusing on the crystals. I'm not too sure on how long it takes SG to build his crystal fortress, but obviously not that long if he was willing to send a bunch at Godzilla.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:This is a good point, but SG could easily down Leo while he is focusing on the crystals. I'm not too sure on how long it takes SG to build his crystal fortress, but obviously not that long if he was willing to send a bunch at Godzilla.
Also a good point. The one thing I would offer in Mothra's defense; if he manages to break up into the energy-butterfly swarm and goes to town on the crystal forest, then (assuming I am remembering how it works correctly) there would be no central target left behind for Spacegodzilla to attack until Leo reforms on the other side (with a potentially-destroyed crystal forest). Which, incidentally, would probably be the most awesome moment if this were made into a movie. ;)

BUT, that is, admittedly, a very specific set of circumstances required of success. I think it's possible; that doesn't make it likely.

(Also, I just had the mental image of Belvera, on Garu-Garu, buzzing around Spacegodzilla's head, trying to give him orders until he vaporizes her in a single corona beam.) ;)

Maranatha!