Kumonga (Showa) vs. Ebirah (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Kumonga (Showa) vs. Ebirah (Showa)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/kumonga_showa.htm

vs.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/ebirah_showa.htm

Kumonga is scaled to 20,000 tons, Ebirah's is the same as in the movie and Ebirah can enter shallow water.

Verdict: IMO this is a close. Ebirah barring his soft underbelly is armored for the most part offering him protection from Kumonga's poison stinger and even if Kumonga does web him up, it should buy Ebirah enough time to break himself out of (His armored exoskeleton likely giving him the extra strength to do so). It comes down to this, if Kumonga can manage to get under Ebirah's soft underbelly and inject his stinger he could win but if not I see this eventually going for Ebirah since his pinchers would definitely be strong enough to penetrate Kumonga's exoskeleton or chomp off his legs, so I'll say 50/50 with a slight edge towards Ebirah especially if he takes it to the shallow water giving him a bit of an advantage.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Kumonga (Showa) vs. Ebirah (Showa)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Didn't Kumonga flip Godzilla over casually? If he does that to Ebirah, that'd really doom Ebirah. If he didn't do that and I'm wrong, then I still see Kumonga eventually flipping over Ebirah and getting him with high difficulty and a lot of injuries.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Didn't Kumonga flip Godzilla over casually? If he does that to Ebirah, that'd really doom Ebirah. If he didn't do that and I'm wrong, then I still see Kumonga eventually flipping over Ebirah and getting him with high difficulty and a lot of injuries.
I recalled it was Godzilla who flipped Kumonga casually with his atomic ray. Maybe you're mistaking it for that? Could be wrong too for all I know but that's what I recall from the movie.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

^ It might have been that. I still stand by my other points.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:^ It might have been that. I still stand by my other points.
Alright figured It'd be worth mentioning or asking.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Didn't Kumonga flip Godzilla over casually? If he does that to Ebirah, that'd really doom Ebirah. If he didn't do that and I'm wrong, then I still see Kumonga eventually flipping over Ebirah and getting him with high difficulty and a lot of injuries.
I recalled it was Godzilla who flipped Kumonga casually with his atomic ray. Maybe you're mistaking it for that? Could be wrong too for all I know but that's what I recall from the movie.
Kumonga straightened his legs out and plowed Godzilla over easily.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LamangoKaijura wrote:Kumonga straightened his legs out and plowed Godzilla over easily.
If that's the case. I might go with Kumonga after all, at the chance he manages to flip Ebirah which he most likely will.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I kind of figured this will start with Ebirah in the water and Kumonga on shore, leading with the webbing. If Ebirah can manage to dive underwater and avoid the webbing, he'll be in very good shape. On the other hand, if he gets webned, it all depends on whether he can breathe underwater indefinitely (in which case he can simply retreat and free himself), or whether he needs to come up for air and might, ironically, drown.

It also depends on whether there is enough of a connecting a line that he could drag Kumonga into the water. Either way, I don't see Kumonga having any power sufficient to end this fight, and I basically see this ending with Ebirah's giant claws clamped around Kumonga's legs, dragging her into the water and drowning her. Whether it's because he gained the early advantage, she webbed him and is coming over to finish off her prey, or she just needs to get close enough to sting him... one way or another, the key is getting up-close-and-personal, and in that case I think Ebirah has the body strength to drag her down into depths too much for her.

At best, if her stinger can pierce his underbelly, and if that poison does proved fatal (two big ifs), then it might end up as a mutual loss; Ebirah subcuming to poison but still dragging Kumonga into deeper water and down to drown. But whether it's an Ebirah victory, or mutually assured destruction, I can't see Kumonga managing to come out on top. She has an awesome design, but a serious lack of useful offensive weapons. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!