The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

Postby Breakdown » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Showa Rodan is pretty durable, and he was also able to carry Showa Godzilla.
Boo-Hoo, I'm leaking lubricant!

Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Coobzilla03 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:38 pm

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Are you talking Heisei in general, or just Heisei Godzilla? Because with both, finding a good match is rather difficult. Heisei monsters tend to be ridiculously strong and powerful, but their stiffness is an absolutely massive weakness. You have to find monsters that don't get pulped immediately by beam spam, but also don't absolutely mangle anything that gets up close.

Just Godzilla. What do you think about pitting Heisei Godzilla against Showa Godzilla and Rodan? Strong, good melee, durable. They could pull it off.

If it's 70s Godzilla, it might be good. I say go for it, but would Rodan really be able to help at all besides being cannon fodder?

It'd be 70s Godzilla. Rodan couldn't do too much besides taking hits, so maybe switch him out.
Tohokingdom's local Wumbologist! It's 1st grade!
Resized Image

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Coobzilla03 wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:I swear Giratina, I will find respectable Heisei matchup!

Are you talking Heisei in general, or just Heisei Godzilla? Because with both, finding a good match is rather difficult. Heisei monsters tend to be ridiculously strong and powerful, but their stiffness is an absolutely massive weakness. You have to find monsters that don't get pulped immediately by beam spam, but also don't absolutely mangle anything that gets up close.

Just Godzilla. What do you think about pitting Heisei Godzilla against Showa Godzilla and Rodan? Strong, good melee, durable. They could pull it off.

Neosaurus or Silvagon might be good opponents for Heisei Godzilla.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Coobzilla03 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Kaijunator wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Are you talking Heisei in general, or just Heisei Godzilla? Because with both, finding a good match is rather difficult. Heisei monsters tend to be ridiculously strong and powerful, but their stiffness is an absolutely massive weakness. You have to find monsters that don't get pulped immediately by beam spam, but also don't absolutely mangle anything that gets up close.

Neosaurus or Silvagon might be good opponents for Heisei Godzilla.

Perhaps. I'll think on it.

Added in 6 minutes 26 seconds:
I have made up my mind - Godzilla Heisei vs. Gezora. :lol:
Resized Image

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:59 pm

There should be a rule that prohibits any and all Vs Battles/Outskirts Battledome garbage logic to be used in FMs.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:There should be a rule that prohibits any and all Vs Battles/Outskirts Battledome garbage logic to be used in FMs.

I agree 100%. But, I haven't seen any of it here since Destoroyah vs Mutos, infact it's the only place I've seen it on here. But yeah, skreeonk Vs battles wiki on all fronts. Planet level Kaiju my ass! Edit: by the way, don't look at vs battles wiki's undertale profiles, just don't it's horrible.
OT: I want to do a battle royale between Showa Gamera Kaiju, but there's six enemy Kaiju. Which one would be the best to not include in said Royale, either for being way weaker than everyone else or way stronger?
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I just write because i go "Wow that would be fucken cool, dinosors punching the poop out of eachother"

King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby LamangoKaijura » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I want to ban all GFW poop, cause I'm so sick of argueing. D:

Legit though, wish more people wouldn't just instantly assume some kaiju just because they were killed by a Ultraman, are weak.

Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Coobzilla03 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:56 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:I want to ban all GFW poop, cause I'm so sick of argueing. D:

Allow me to make Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah and Keizer charged Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla, Destroyah and Burning Godzilla :lol:
Resized Image

LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby LamangoKaijura » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Coobzilla03 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:I want to ban all GFW poop, cause I'm so sick of argueing. D:

Allow me to make Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah and Keizer charged Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla, Destroyah and Burning Godzilla :lol:

Oh my skreeonking god, I'll end this entire forum.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby Tomzilla » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:26 pm

I think for April Fool's Day, you should vote for the GFW kaiju in every single fantasy fight. It'd be hilarious. :lol:
https://youtu.be/3-N3yTpjI1w
MONSTER SIGHTINGS #2: MOTHRA
The Queen of Monsters helps those in need.

LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby LamangoKaijura » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Tomzilla wrote:

I think for April Fool's Day, you should vote for the GFW kaiju in every single fantasy fight. It'd be hilarious. :lol:

I just can't, they literally insult me by existing.

Coobzilla03
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Coobzilla03 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:10 pm

So, would Zilla Jr. vs. Destroyah, Spacegodzilla, and Biollante be a close match or is it too one sided in favor of Zilla Jr.? :lol:

Jokes aside, what do you guys think about Monsterverse Godzilla, The MUTOs against Showa Godzilla, Rodan and Gorosaurus?

Added in 1 hour 40 minutes 12 seconds:
Sure is hard to find a strong enough kaiju for Godzilla Heisei to face that he hasn't fought before.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:56 pm

So, is there an appeals process when the mod comes in and drops a completely new line of reasoning and uses it to declare a fight one-sided and lock it, giving no one a chance to debate the new conclusion? :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:02 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to an appeal system. What match(es) are you wanting to appeal?
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.

<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Heisei Godzilla vs SMG. The points raised to explain the lock seemed worth further discussion.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14 am

Would Iris vs Showa Gigan and Megalon be one sided in either direction? Edit: Nevermind.
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I just write because i go "Wow that would be fucken cool, dinosors punching the poop out of eachother"

King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Is it about time to post a Grand King Ghidorah vs SpaceGodzilla thread? Or is it never that time?

LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby LamangoKaijura » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 pm

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Is it about time to post a Grand King Ghidorah vs SpaceGodzilla thread? Or is it never that time?

Why? It's been done to death.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:06 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Is it about time to post a Grand King Ghidorah vs SpaceGodzilla thread? Or is it never that time?

I haven't seen a specific thread for it on this forum. But if it's been done to death, I won't do it.

LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby LamangoKaijura » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:20 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:

I haven't seen a specific thread for it on this forum. But if it's been done to death, I won't do it.

It was on the OLD tk. It was mainly a tie.

Return to “Fantasy Matches”