The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

Post by Breakdown »

Grand Ghidorah vs all the Marvel and DC pantheon. I think Grand Ghidorah wins because he's the strongest evar gaise totally not overrated trash.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Breakdown wrote:Grand Ghidorah vs all the Marvel and DC pantheon. I think Grand Ghidorah wins because he's the strongest evar gaise totally not overrated trash.
I just wanted to see if Grand King Ghidorah vs SpaceGodzilla would be a good idea. But I do agree he is a bit overrated.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I know video game characters aren't allowed in FMs, but what about video game environments? I distinctly recall there being long-since deleted FMs that had video game arenas like the boxing ring from Save The Earth. I imagine side-scroller environments would not be allowed, but would open world VG environments be suitable for arenas in FMs?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I'm sure it's just for April Fools, but realistically, we should keep the new forum name. Maybe it'll give us all a sense of perspective when we get too into these things. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Breakdown wrote:Grand Ghidorah vs all the Marvel and DC pantheon. I think Grand Ghidorah wins because he's the strongest evar gaise totally not overrated trash.
Weird way to spell Kaiser Ghidorah.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Weird way to spell Final Wars Godzilla.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Kaijunator wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Weird way to spell Godzilla 1970s.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Weird way to spell Kaiser Ghidorah.
Weird way to spell Godzilla 1970s.
Yes. THANK YOU. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

So would IDW Godzilla vs Dark Horse Godzilla be a good fight? Would that be too one-sided in either direction? Everything I've seen about the two makes it look pretty even, I just want to make sure.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Someone should make a match that has all of them so we can see who is, once and for all, the most overrated.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

FMs have been pretty quiet lately. Slow month... or have all the interesting permutations of a non-infinite kaiju pantheon simply been tried out for now?

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Zarm wrote:FMs have been pretty quiet lately. Slow month... or have all the interesting permutations of a non-infinite kaiju pantheon simply been tried out for now?
I've been wanting to post an FM, but I've been struggling to come up with one that's fair and interesting. It's probably just a slow month, at least we still have the tournament section.
KWCE Administrator

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Im going to make GFW and Kaizer Ghidorah vs every kaiju from the Showa series. Just for you Lamango <3
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I guess I'll put up one of my matches, despite how one-sided it may be. :D
Resized Image

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Zarm wrote:FMs have been pretty quiet lately. Slow month... or have all the interesting permutations of a non-infinite kaiju pantheon simply been tried out for now?
No, there's a larger world out there, it's just that hardly anybody around here dips their toes into other franchises.

I would upload some fights for monsters/fighters from other franchises/movies/tv shows but it takes time to upload them and even so, I doubt very many people would even post in them.

There's plenty of match that could be made such as:
-Jason Voorhees (Undead) vs Katahdin (the mutant bear from Prophecy)
-The Blob vs The Stuff
-Q the Winged Serpent vs the Ymir
-City Hunter (Pred from Predator 2) vs Lisker (Live Action Guyver Movie Zoanoid)
-El Blanco vs some of the African Assblasters from Tremors 5
-Zone Fighter vs Starfish Hitler
-Kamen Rider Amazon vs Gaira vs Doragoris/Doragory/Whatever the Hell his name is.
-Gwangi vs the Black Scorpion

There's countless Ultra monsters that's barely been touched outside of the usual ones (Gomora, Red King, Zetton, etc.). Not to mention all of the Super Sentai/Power Rangers monsters, Kamen Rider Kaijin, the Horrors from GARO, and so on. We still have thousands of monsters relatively untouched. It's not lack of choices, it's lack of creativity or just some of us don't want to make a match in my case that's not really gonna garner discussion even if they link/upload videos of some of these monsters.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodEmperorGabara wrote:
There's plenty of match that could be made such as:
-Jason Voorhees (Undead) vs Katahdin (the mutant bear from Prophecy)
-The Blob vs The Stuff
-Q the Winged Serpent vs the Ymir
-City Hunter (Pred from Predator 2) vs Lisker (Live Action Guyver Movie Zoanoid)
-El Blanco vs some of the African Assblasters from Tremors 5
-Zone Fighter vs Starfish Hitler
-Kamen Rider Amazon vs Gaira vs Doragoris/Doragory/Whatever the Hell his name is.
-Gwangi vs the Black Scorpion
Funny you should mention Ymir... ah, but I guess that will have to wait until after Kiryu's tournament is finished. ;)

Maranatha!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I've been thinking about making a SuperMan Vs. The Emperor from Warhammer 40k fight

Anyone know which version of Superman would be the most equal and compelling character for the fight?

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I don't know the Emperor, but if you're looking for a mid-tier, more-mortal Superman, either post-Crisis or DCAU might do the trick...

Maranatha!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Zarm wrote:I don't know the Emperor, but if you're looking for a mid-tier, more-mortal Superman, either post-Crisis or DCAU might do the trick...
In Warhammer 40k's lore the Emperor of mankind is described as launching a psychic attack on his traitor son Horus that is the psychic equivalent of a supernova

Yes a supernova level psychic attack

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Are characters from mythologies allowed in FMs? Would Sun Wukong from Journey to the West be viable for FMs?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA