The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

Post by Breakdown »

So has anyone considered doing a Gamera (Heisei) respect thread? I'm pretty sure someone like Tomzilla or EG could make great contributions to one if it's made.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I want to make Gwangi Vs. Galactus.
Godzilla

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

g2vd wrote:I want to make Gwangi Vs. Galactus.
When's the last time Galactus tanked a boulder, hm?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I've been thinking of making a big army match, as we haven't had one since MM got banned.

The match would involve the Xenomorphs fighting against the Bugs from Starship Troopers. however I am unfamilar with the SST series and what kind of Xenomorphs and Bugs would I have to add to make the match interesting and fair.
Godzilla

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The xenomorphs would ultimately win, simply because of the acid. I'd up for another amy match though
ImageImage

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Xenos vs. Arachnids was done a while back, but the match was lost in The Incident, so I've got no problems with it being done again.
Breakdown wrote:The xenomorphs would ultimately win, simply because of the acid. I'd up for another amy match though
An Arachnid Warrior would easily defeat a Xenomorph Warrior 1-on-1. It'd be maimed by the acid afterwards, sure, but assuming equal numbers on both sides and a neutral battlefield, the best the Xenos could hope for would be a draw.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

I think the bugs would beat the xenomorphs, as they are damage sponges that take a ton of damage to bring down.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The Xenomorphs are damage sponges too, but iIwill admit that it literally takes an entire firing squad dumping their seemingly never-ending magazines into one a single Arachnid just to kill one.
ImageImage

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

Breakdown wrote:The Xenomorphs are damage sponges too, but iIwill admit that it literally takes an entire firing squad dumping their seemingly never-ending magazines into one a single Arachnid just to kill one.
And even then the Arachnid still manages to kill/cripple 1 to 2 soldiers before finally submitting to death. They also aren't afraid of using suicide attacks, as long as it nets them kills.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

The only way I could see Xenomorphs having any sort of advantage or good chance at winning in that fight is if it involved agility and stealth, which the Xenos excell at.

Otherwise, yeah, the sponge-bugs trounce them.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I'm really thinking about making a Alien & Predator feats thread, due to the fact we haven't had a Feats Thread in a long time and because the Xenomorph is often never taken seriously in the TK FMs.
Godzilla

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Does anyone know where I could find out more about Dark Horse Godzilla? I've heard he's ridiculously strong, but I want some more info.

If I wanted to use some of the stronger IDW kaiju, such as Gigan, King Ghidorah, Godzilla, Destoroyah, or the Trilopods, what would be good opponents for them?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

From what I hear DH Godzilla is basically Heisei on steroids. I have Godzilla: Past, Present, and Future so I'll look through it and see what I can find.
ImageImage

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

If I wanted to use IDW monsters other than Godzilla, where could I find bios for them? Would using the bio for their movie version suffice?

How powerful is Ultra Galaxy Zetton compared to original Zetton? Or can I get some videos of him in action?

Would Grand King Ghidorah vs RoE Godzilla be one-sided?
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:If I wanted to use IDW monsters other than Godzilla, where could I find bios for them? Would using the bio for their movie version suffice.
Not actually for sure on bio's. Maybe the new wikizilla might have them? Since the mains site doesn't have bio's for them. As for using movie ver. bio's for comic counterparts, no. Since they are different entities and appeared in different media, the feats can/will be different along with the powers.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The WikiZilla talks about the monsters, yes, but they need to work on the IDW sections more.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I swear Giratina, I will find respectable Heisei matchup!
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Coobzilla03 wrote:I swear Giratina, I will find respectable Heisei matchup!
Are you talking Heisei in general, or just Heisei Godzilla? Because with both, finding a good match is rather difficult. Heisei monsters tend to be ridiculously strong and powerful, but their stiffness is an absolutely massive weakness. You have to find monsters that don't get pulped immediately by beam spam, but also don't absolutely mangle anything that gets up close.
KWCE Administrator

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Are you talking Heisei in general, or just Heisei Godzilla? Because with both, finding a good match is rather difficult. Heisei monsters tend to be ridiculously strong and powerful, but their stiffness is an absolutely massive weakness. You have to find monsters that don't get pulped immediately by beam spam, but also don't absolutely mangle anything that gets up close.
Just Godzilla. What do you think about pitting Heisei Godzilla against Showa Godzilla and Rodan? Strong, good melee, durable. They could pull it off.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Coobzilla03 wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Just Godzilla. What do you think about pitting Heisei Godzilla against Showa Godzilla and Rodan? Strong, good melee, durable. They could pull it off.
If it's 70s Godzilla, it might be good. I say go for it, but would Rodan really be able to help at all besides being cannon fodder?
KWCE Administrator