Darth Maul vs General Grievous

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Breakdown
Keizer

Darth Maul vs General Grievous

Post by Breakdown »

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

Arena: The platform on Utapau where Grievous was killed

Rules: No Force powers, straight up Lightsaber dueling. Movie feats only.

Verdict: I was actually thinking about this yesterday. On one hand Darth Maul's fast, aggressive style will give Grievous trouble in addition to having a double sided Lightsaber. However, Grievous can sort-of counter this given the fact that he has four arms and thus four Lightsabers. If for whatever reason it comes down to hand to hand, Grievous can certainly take the win, since Darth Maul has no way to get through Grievous' armor, and Grievous dented the side of a ship with was made of plasteel which apparently is several times stronger than normal steel. Leaning kind of towards Maul here.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Darth Maul vs General Grievous

Post by Beef Bigshot »

What is up with all the, "This game sucks 10/10 -idn" posts recently?
Resized Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

.....What?
ImageImage

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Posts that say one thing but at the very end change entirely
Resized Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

How is this relevant?
ImageImage

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Breakdown wrote:How is this relevant?
BECAUSE THATS WHAT YOU JUST FREAKING DID!

dear lord do you want me to spell everything out for you
Resized Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Beef Bigshot wrote:

Except I already stated why Darth Maul would probably take the win. The second half of the OP was regarding how Grievous would win for sure if it was hand to hand, but seeing as it's a LIGHTSABER DUEL and it likely won't come to that, Maul wins. So remind me again who needs things spelled out for them?
ImageImage

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Breakdown wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:

Except I already stated why Darth Maul would probably take the win. The second half of the OP was regarding how Grievous would win for sure if it was hand to hand, but seeing as it's a LIGHTSABER DUEL and it likely won't come to that, Maul wins. So remind me again who needs things spelled out for them?
OK, you. Done. Can we move on to the fight now?
Resized Image

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Maul wins. If we go by movie-canon, Maul is obviously stronger. If we use EU/cartoons, Grievous is a massive jobber. I mean, Ashoka gave him trouble.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Ugh, I despise how they made Grievous go from a badass ninja cyborg in the old Clone Wars cartoon to a coward in the new one. If this was old CW Grievous he'd stand a much, much better chance imo.
ImageImage

GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaLord »

Breakdown wrote:Ugh, I despise how they made Grievous go from a badass ninja cyborg in the old Clone Wars cartoon to a coward in the new one. If this was old CW Grievous he'd stand a much, much better chance imo.
This. Comic Grevious was an insane fighter as well on a lot of notes.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."
GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.
No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

He also fought evenly with Windu in one of the novels.

Unfortunately Disney annihilated most of the EU.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Does Force physical augmentation count in this fight as force users just about always use it in battle. With it, Maul wins. Grievous struggles with Jedi, the foes he was created to kill, even padawans. His fighting style isn't good against more aggressive dark side using fighters such as in his fight with Asajj Ventress on Dathomir which he lost(I'm btw considering Grievous as canon Grievous).

Added in 10 minutes 41 seconds:
Maul also easily subdued Grievous the second time they met in the son of Dathomir comics, when Maul boarded GG's ship, tackled him and held his saber at Grievous's neck then captured him. Then after he escaped and fought Maul again along with Palpatine who was distracted by a possessed Count Dooku, Maul easily force pushed Grievous away down a hill upon which was a palace the fight was occurring in. Grievous does not seem to pose much of a challenge to Darth maul.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Movie canon only Grevious destroys Maul. Maul was losing to PM Obi-wan and only beat Qui-Gon due to old age.

Also in defense of Grevious only Jedi Masters survived him and Askota was losing her two fights with only plot saving her.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Grievous vs Maul (Legends Only): Grievous. Maul is a Sith Lord "In Name Only" with a hollow title. Though he certainly is a major threat to Grievous, the fact of the matter is, Grievous has fought and beaten Jedi on and ABOVE Maul's caliber.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

I'd say it's close, but without force abilities available, Grievous takes this, since 99% of his defeats (or retreats) in canon were because of Jedi using force pushes or otherwise to knock him down or disarm him. So without it, canon Grievous could probably beat canon Maul, since Greivous was trained by a sith himself, so he would know how to counter Maul, at least to a degree.

Added in 12 minutes 49 seconds:
Breakdown wrote:Ugh, I despise how they made Grievous go from a badass ninja cyborg in the old Clone Wars cartoon to a coward in the new one. If this was old CW Grievous he'd stand a much, much better chance imo.
George Lucas never really intended for him to be anything other than his personality in ROTS, though. When the 2003 series was being created, all they had to work with for Grievous was the design and him being a "Jedi Hunter." Besides, 2008 CW Grievous really only ever lost battles in the show due to the plot armor of the opponent he was facing, since most of his opponents were either main characters of the show or appeared in ROTS at some point, and thus couldn't be killed off in order to keep with continuity. Even in later seasons, Grievous gets a lot more wins, like the siege of Dathomir, capturing Adi-Gallia, or Grievous taking Obi-Wan's ship with ease in that episode of Season 5. Unfortunately, he appeared a lot more in the seasons that were more kid-friendly, so he didn't really get many Jedi kills outside of Kit Fito's padawan, Nahdar Vebb. So I feel like he's given too much crap from people about how much less powerful he is compared to the ridiculously OP 2003 CW Grievous. It's like comparing G1 Megatron to Megatron from the Cybertron Games. It's just not a fair comparison at all.

Also, I know everybody brings up the Gungans, but keep in mind that as weird as their speech pattern may be, they're actually a competent warrior race. Remember that Jar Jar was banished from their city because he was such an idiot. Also, any guy who's like 90% mechanical is gonna be pretty easy to take down with EMP-style weapons like the projectiles the Gungans use. So I feel pretty confident saying that he's given way too much crap from fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aschxL8NmwQ
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Well...I'd win this of course.

Maul is just an animal...a slave to his rage.

The four armed dueling lizard computer wins this.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!