LPG vs Destroyah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

LPG vs Destroyah

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/destoroyah.htm#final

vs

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_2014.html

Rules:

1. Dessy can reform into aggregates and back into its final form once each.

2. this is supercharged LPG, at his KotM size of 119 meters.

Arena: Storming Boston (KotM)

The precambrian horror squares off against the King of the Monsters. While Dessy is hindered by its stiffness, the powers it packs are incredibly dangerous to LPG. the supercharged Godzilla is going to made Dessy's life miserable, but I'm leaning toward Dessy here thanks to the reforming and weapons like the laser horn.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: LPG vs Destroyah

Post by _JNavs_ »

Depending on your perspective on how the Oxygen Destroyer incident went down in KOTM, the argument could be made that LPG tanked the OD point blank, and managed to make his way to safety with his life intact. Considering LPG's feats in both canon comics and in KOTM, I'd have to give it to him, since those attacks Destoroyah will be laying out, just won't be hitting him the same way they hit Burning G. The attacks LPG will be dishing out pack a ton of force, along with his fighting style and maneuverability, I say LPG takes this.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

_JNavs_ wrote:Depending on your perspective on how the Oxygen Destroyer incident went down in KOTM, the argument could be made that LPG tanked the OD point blank, and managed to make his way to safety with his life intact. Considering LPG's feats in both canon comics and in KOTM, I'd have to give it to him, since those attacks Destoroyah will be laying out, just won't be hitting him the same way they hit Burning G. The attacks LPG will be dishing out pack a ton of force, along with his fighting style and maneuverability, I say LPG takes this.
The Monsterverse Oxygen Destroyer really doesn't seem to share any similarities with the Toho version aside from the name. The fish didn't even disintegrate.
Last edited by Spuro on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Depending on your perspective on how the Oxygen Destroyer incident went down in KOTM, the argument could be made that LPG tanked the OD point blank, and managed to make his way to safety with his life intact. Considering LPG's feats in both canon comics and in KOTM, I'd have to give it to him, since those attacks Destoroyah will be laying out, just won't be hitting him the same way they hit Burning G. The attacks LPG will be dishing out pack a ton of force, along with his fighting style and maneuverability, I say LPG takes this.
The Monsterverse Oxygen Destroyer really doesn't seem to share any similarities with the Toho version aside from the name. The fish didn't even disintegrate.
I could've sworn the fish looked extremely decayed in that pan out shot tbh.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

MonsterVerse Godzilla takes this handily. Heisei was literally disembowling him to where he puked up blood. MV Godzilla is going to absolutely eviscerate him with his superior agility and fighting style. The Laser Horn might be a problem, as this Godzilla was visibly injured by Ghidorah's wing lightning. His OD ray doesn't really have any impressive feats aside from knocking Burning Godzilla over and shattering concrete pilliars when used by the Juvenile Destoroyahs.

Firmly giving MonsterVerse Godzilla the win.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Maybe LPG, simply because the Godzilla we saw in KOTM is a pretty solid counter to Destroyah’s fighting style. Despite the powerhouse that Dessy is and the mortal danger his Laser Horn poses, I don’t see him being able to effectively keep up with a supercharged LPG, at least enough to muster a win.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

If Destroyah did his laser katana, LPG is NOT going to enjoy that.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

While the Oxygen Destroyer Beam won't be too effective on Legendarygoji considering he survived the actual OD, the Horn Katana might very well do some serious damage if Destoroyah manages to hit the gills. If the MUTO's claws could draw blood, the Horn Katana could skreeonking impale Godzilla through his gills. BUT, Legendarygoji's not gonna stand there and fire beams like a turret to give Destoroyah a wide opening, since his fighting style is much more dynamic and CQC-based, he'll probably keep the pressure on Destoroyah, possibly even dodging a few Horn Katana strikes or slamming his tail into Destoroyah and knocking him down. He also has the nuclear pulse ability in normal form as seen in Aftershock so he might employ that if Destoroyah starts to cut him up too badly. Overall, Destoroyah would win if he could get in a solid hit with his horn, otherwise it's pretty even, slightly leaning towards Legendary for his CQC prowess and durabiliy feats.

Now, if Legendary manages to access his burning/fire state, Destoroyah is literally toast. Considering how extreme temperatures are Destoroyah's weakness, (the cut ending had him dying to the heat of Godzilla's meltdown instead of cold so you can't say it's just cold or both hot and cold that kills him) those nuclear pulses would vaporize him into thin air instantly. Heck, even without the Mothra powerup/stabilization, a single unfocused meltdown pulse could possibly to the same job so technically he doesn't need the burning form either, just the heat of it's attacks.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

GuardianGhido wrote:While the Oxygen Destroyer Beam won't be too effective on Legendarygoji considering he survived the actual OD, the Horn Katana might very well do some serious damage if Destoroyah manages to hit the gills. If the MUTO's claws could draw blood, the Horn Katana could skreeonking impale Godzilla through his gills. BUT, Legendarygoji's not gonna stand there and fire beams like a turret to give Destoroyah a wide opening, since his fighting style is much more dynamic and CQC-based, he'll probably keep the pressure on Destoroyah, possibly even dodging a few Horn Katana strikes or slamming his tail into Destoroyah and knocking him down. He also has the nuclear pulse ability in normal form as seen in Aftershock so he might employ that if Destoroyah starts to cut him up too badly. Overall, Destoroyah would win if he could get in a solid hit with his horn, otherwise it's pretty even, slightly leaning towards Legendary for his CQC prowess and durabiliy feats.

Now, if Legendary manages to access his burning/fire state, Destoroyah is literally toast. Considering how extreme temperatures are Destoroyah's weakness, (the cut ending had him dying to the heat of Godzilla's meltdown instead of cold so you can't say it's just cold or both hot and cold that kills him) those nuclear pulses would vaporize him into thin air instantly. Heck, even without the Mothra powerup/stabilization, a single unfocused meltdown pulse could possibly to the same job so technically he doesn't need the burning form either, just the heat of it's attacks.
A few things:

1. The laser horn doesn't have to hit the gills to mess LPG up. It cleaved straight through Burning Godzilla just fine, a Godzilla with actual (albeit possibly hampered) regeneration. LPG doesn't have combat applicable regen, so the laser horn's damage is going to stick, and it really won't be pretty.

2. As KK said above, the OD in the MV works differently than the Toho one. Dessy's MO beams don't carry the same potent power as the OD, but if the fight heads into the water either by Dessy dragging LPG there like it did Burning Godzilla or LPG shoving Dessy in... it won't end well for LPG. Now, I know people are going to say, "But Destoroyah never tried it against Burning!" well, that's because the heat coming off Godzilla was making the water boil, and was too hot for Destoroyah to try to do that. In this case... that won't be an issue, if it comes to that.

3. LPG only used the nuclear pulse once his spines were shattered, and even if we assume he can do it without, he had to hoist the Muto Prime onto his back in order to blast her sky high. Dessy... can just fly if blasted upward. Also, the energy drain from its tail is not going to do LPG any favors.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Giratina93 wrote: 1. The laser horn doesn't have to hit the gills to mess LPG up. It cleaved straight through Burning Godzilla just fine, a Godzilla with actual (albeit possibly hampered) regeneration. LPG doesn't have combat applicable regen, so the laser horn's damage is going to stick, and it really won't be pretty.
True, but that wouldn't really be a fatal blow considering MV Godzilla wasn't really pushed to a near death state without lots of gill strikes, atmospheric drops or the OD. Not saying it wouldn't mess him up too bad considering the katana would be a lot sharper and more effective than the MUTO claws, but I doubt it could kill him outright unless it was a gill strike or Destoroyah gets enough hits to decapitate Godzilla or something. There's also MV Godzilla's agility and intelligence, so if he takes a couple of crippling hits from the Horn Katana, he'll most likely try to anticipate and then counter (tail slap anyone?) or dodge it in some way, so unless Destoroyah really starts spamming it, he's not gonna take down Godzilla that easily.
Giratina93 wrote: 2. As KK said above, the OD in the MV works differently than the Toho one. Dessy's MO beams don't carry the same potent power as the OD, but if the fight heads into the water either by Dessy dragging LPG there like it did Burning Godzilla or LPG shoving Dessy in... it won't end well for LPG. Now, I know people are going to say, "But Destoroyah never tried it against Burning!" well, that's because the heat coming off Godzilla was making the water boil, and was too hot for Destoroyah to try to do that. In this case... that won't be an issue, if it comes to that.
What happens here kinda depends on how Godzilla gets in the water IMO. If Destoroyah drops him in there and stays a decent distance, he could probably kill Godzilla, using the full effect of the OD by spamming multiple blasts into the water. It would take about a minute of spamming to vaporize him completely (like the original one did with Gojira) since Destoroyah's OD beam wouldn't really cause a 2 mile anti-oxygen explosion like the Legendary OD did, but Godzilla would be helpless while being bombarded with OD beams and it would be an easy win for Dessy.

But if they get into the water on LPG's terms, I don't think he'll give Destoroyah an opening to do so, he'll just death roll and maul Destoroyah constantly and not give him any time to recover or focus on firing his beam like he did to KG. I only remember Destoroyah firing his beam from a good distance after a short charge time while not being beaten up so I'm not sure he'd be able to just fire his beam without any problems while being overwhelmed in CQC and having his body parts bitten or mauled off. (something MV Ghidorah couldn't manage from what we saw and he doesn't always need to charge up his beams for long either judging by his quick blasts in Antarctica and Boston that didn't show any visible charging)
Giratina93 wrote: 3. LPG only used the nuclear pulse once his spines were shattered, and even if we assume he can do it without, he had to hoist the Muto Prime onto his back in order to blast her sky high. Dessy... can just fly if blasted upward.
This I'm kinda dubious about since Godzilla managed to do Nuclear Pulses in his burning state just fine with his spikes intact. You could say the burning form lets him do that, but really the burning pulses seem to be basically extremely powered up normal nuclear pulses released from Godzilla in the same way. So he could very well unleash normal pulses in the same way with his spikes intact (though I do think having his spikes broken makes them more focused towards his back rather than spreading in an area). And while he did only send MUTO Prime flying after putting her on his back, I don't think it was just the fall that did that much damage. If the regular Femuto took enough damage from regular Atomic Breath to collapse and stay incapacitated for a while, I think MUTO Prime might take enough damage from the pulse to leave her vulnerable to a finishing stomp. Sure the fall helped too, but I see no reason a concentrated pulse of atomic energy would do no damage. So while Destoroyah wouldn't be inconvenienced by being sent into the air, he mght be by taking a blast of atomic energy throughout his body (though not by much, just to possibly get him away for a bit)
Giratina93 wrote: Also, the energy drain from its tail is not going to do LPG any favors.
Now this might just be Destoroyah's biggest possible advantage in this, if he can use that tail drain well, he could potentially remove Godzilla's supercharge entirely, then again this Godzilla's not a sitting duck with stubby arms, so unless he's already been knocked down or left vulnerable, he's probably going to throw him around by the tail before Destoroyah drains enough out of him. A Horn Katana to the legs followed by a tail drain could work very well and net him a victory if he thinks of that strategy.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

GuardianGhido wrote:
What happens here kinda depends on how Godzilla gets in the water IMO. If Destoroyah drops him in there and stays a decent distance, he could probably kill Godzilla, using the full effect of the OD by spamming multiple blasts into the water. But if they get into the water on LPG's terms, I don't think he'll give Destoroyah an opening to do so, he'll just death roll and maul Destoroyah constantly and not give him any time to recover or focus on firing his beam like he did to KG. I only remember Destoroyah firing his beam from a good distance after a short charge time while not being beaten up so I'm not sure he'd be able to just fire his beam without any problems while being overwhelmed in CQC and having his body parts bitten or mauled off. (something MV Ghidorah couldn't manage from what we saw and he doesn't always need to charge up his beams for long either judging by his quick blasts in Antarctica and Boston that didn't show any visible charging)

This I'm kinda dubious about since Godzilla managed to do Nuclear Pulses in his burning state just fine with his spikes intact. You could say the burning form lets him do that, but really the burning pulses seem to be basically extremely powered up normal nuclear pulses released from Godzilla in the same way. So he could very well unleash normal pulses in the same way with his spikes intact (though I do think having his spikes broken makes them more focused towards his back rather than spreading in an area). And while he did only send MUTO Prime flying after putting her on his back, I don't think it was just the fall that did that much damage. If the regular Femuto took enough damage from regular Atomic Breath to collapse and stay incapacitated for a while, I think MUTO Prime might take enough damage from the pulse to leave her vulnerable to a finishing stomp. Sure the fall helped to, but I see no reasons a concentrated pulse of atomic energy would do no damage. So while Destoroyah wouldn't be inconvenienced by being sent into the air, he mght be by taking a blast of atomic energy throughout his body (though not by much, just to possibly get him away for a bit)
1. That's not how Destroyoah's OD capabilities work. Remember the fish in the aquarium. those were dissolved by Destroyah's microbe forms stripping them down to the bone and atom. While I said in the rules Dessy can reform into its aggregate forms, I meant reform down and reform back in general once, so Dessy could drop Godzilla into the water, break down into microbes and begin skeletonizing Godzilla until he's dead. Again, yes he didn't do this in GvD, but that was because the boiling hot water from MD Goji's heat prevented him from even attempting it. There's no such case here.

2. Mothra's sacrifice is required for Fire Godzilla, and thus the nuclear pulses that vaporized Ghidorah, to be a thing. Before then, we never see LPG attempt a Nuclear Pulse outside of the graphic novel when his spines are broken and Muto Prime is hoisted on his back. So as far as we know, he cannot do a nuclear pulse unless either in fire mode or with broken back spines. There's no evidence to suggest he can, because otherwise, why not do so when Ghidorah was strangling him, or when the MUTO pair were beating the shit out of him?

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

2014 LPG gives him a run for his money. Updated 2019 even more so. I'm not too impressed with Des beaming, but his horn is dangerous. Especially since LPG regeneration isn't truly that noteworthy, so damage will last. None of that will matter when the much larger agile reptilian speedblitz him.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Giratina93 wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
What happens here kinda depends on how Godzilla gets in the water IMO. If Destoroyah drops him in there and stays a decent distance, he could probably kill Godzilla, using the full effect of the OD by spamming multiple blasts into the water. But if they get into the water on LPG's terms, I don't think he'll give Destoroyah an opening to do so, he'll just death roll and maul Destoroyah constantly and not give him any time to recover or focus on firing his beam like he did to KG. I only remember Destoroyah firing his beam from a good distance after a short charge time while not being beaten up so I'm not sure he'd be able to just fire his beam without any problems while being overwhelmed in CQC and having his body parts bitten or mauled off. (something MV Ghidorah couldn't manage from what we saw and he doesn't always need to charge up his beams for long either judging by his quick blasts in Antarctica and Boston that didn't show any visible charging)

This I'm kinda dubious about since Godzilla managed to do Nuclear Pulses in his burning state just fine with his spikes intact. You could say the burning form lets him do that, but really the burning pulses seem to be basically extremely powered up normal nuclear pulses released from Godzilla in the same way. So he could very well unleash normal pulses in the same way with his spikes intact (though I do think having his spikes broken makes them more focused towards his back rather than spreading in an area). And while he did only send MUTO Prime flying after putting her on his back, I don't think it was just the fall that did that much damage. If the regular Femuto took enough damage from regular Atomic Breath to collapse and stay incapacitated for a while, I think MUTO Prime might take enough damage from the pulse to leave her vulnerable to a finishing stomp. Sure the fall helped to, but I see no reasons a concentrated pulse of atomic energy would do no damage. So while Destoroyah wouldn't be inconvenienced by being sent into the air, he mght be by taking a blast of atomic energy throughout his body (though not by much, just to possibly get him away for a bit)
1. That's not how Destroyoah's OD capabilities work. Remember the fish in the aquarium. those were dissolved by Destroyah's microbe forms stripping them down to the bone and atom. While I said in the rules Dessy can reform into its aggregate forms, I meant reform down and reform back in general once, so Dessy could drop Godzilla into the water, break down into microbes and begin skeletonizing Godzilla until he's dead. Again, yes he didn't do this in GvD, but that was because the boiling hot water from MD Goji's heat prevented him from even attempting it. There's no such case here.

2. Mothra's sacrifice is required for Fire Godzilla, and thus the nuclear pulses that vaporized Ghidorah, to be a thing. Before then, we never see LPG attempt a Nuclear Pulse outside of the graphic novel when his spines are broken and Muto Prime is hoisted on his back. So as far as we know, he cannot do a nuclear pulse unless either in fire mode or with broken back spines. There's no evidence to suggest he can, because otherwise, why not do so when Ghidorah was strangling him, or when the MUTO pair were beating the poop out of him?
1. Ah I see, I didn't know he could break back down into microbes to do the OD thing after reaching his final form, Yeah, in that case if they get in the water, Destoroyah's gonna skeletonize LPG without any trouble. (Unless Godzilla's durability holds on long enough for him to get back onto land somehow, but even that would leave him severely weakened and easy for Destoroyah to reform and finish off)

2. I suppose we'll just have to consider that then since there's no proof, but still it doesn't make sense to me that Burning Godzilla can fire nuclear pulses while keeping his spikes but normal Godzilla can't. I thought Burning Nuclear Pulses were just regular pulses but powered up to an extreme degree, so it would be logical that Godzilla can use that same attack but far less powered up while in normal state.
(Though I can explain why he didn't use normal nuclear pulses. For KG, being strangled and also lifted into the air at high speeds was throwing off his concentration and he couldn't focus. For the MUTO couple, his radiation reserves were already quite low as seen by him using the atomic breath very sparingly plus he was also quite exhausted and being too overwhelmed to focus on releasing a pulse. If LPG can release pulses normally, I don't think he can do so while being overwhelmed like Heisei can seeing how neither his shattered spike pulse or his burning pulses were unleashed while being attacked. He seems to use his more offensively than defensively.)

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla is going to thrash Destoroyah around physically, but this is still close. The laser horn is going to be devastating to an opponent that can’t regenerate mid-combat, but it might be difficult to land it. While Destoroyah is physically strong enough to throw Heisei Godzilla to the ground, that will, at best, give him a very brief reprieve here.

But Legendary is going to have a tough time dealing with Aggregates. Yes, he can pick off the ones going for his front without too much issue (maybe, we don’t know how well he could protect his legs in this scenario), but without a nuclear pulse that can be used here, the ones on his back are going to have much more time to drain his energy. They were draining Burning Godzilla pretty quickly, considering how his mouth glowed blue before the nuclear pulse went off. Even if we want to assume Critical MV Godzilla has the same amount of energy as Burning Godzilla had at that point, he doesn’t regenerate energy as quickly as Heisei Godzilla does.

And by the way, we don’t really know how for certain how weak Destoroyah is to melee attacks. He’s stiff, sure, but I mean literally how much damage he takes from melee attacks. The only notable damage Burning Godzilla does to Destoroyah in melee is when he slaps Destoroyah’s chest and blood squirts out. But that’s because Godzilla had already blasted Destoroyah’s chest open with two atomic rays, then shot another into said gaping wound, before sauntering up and slapping at it.

This was the only video I could find of this part of the fight between Godzilla and Destoroyah, sorry. But yeah, we have no real way of telling how well Destoroyah handles melee, other than “takes Burning Godzilla shoulder bumps without notable damage” and “doesn’t like being slashed in the chest wound”. Also note Godzilla’s mouth glow red when he does the nuclear pulse as he’s being dragged around by Destoroyah’s tail, showing just how much the Aggregates drained in him such a short time for it to be blue against them.

I don’t actually know who to go for here, I just wanted to show that this isn’t totally in Godzilla’s favor.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:But Legendary is going to have a tough time dealing with Aggregates. Yes, he can pick off the ones going for his front without too much issue (maybe, we don’t know how well he could protect his legs in this scenario), but without a nuclear pulse that can be used here, the ones on his back are going to have much more time to drain his energy. They were draining Burning Godzilla pretty quickly, considering how his mouth glowed blue before the nuclear pulse went off. Even if we want to assume Critical MV Godzilla has the same amount of energy as Burning Godzilla had at that point, he doesn’t regenerate energy as quickly as Heisei Godzilla does.
Actually, the Aggregates where preventing Burning Godzilla from utilizing his nuclear pulse and where rapidly draining him. The glowing patches on his skin where beginning to dim and his breath reverted back to blue. After some careful consideration, I think the Aggregates might be Destroyah's ticket to victory barring a laser horn decapitation or dissolving him in water. MonsterVerse Godzilla has shown to have difficulty fighting multiple enemies at once (Ghidorah doesn't count because the heads where all connected to the same body). This time there's going to be dozens of the critters scurrying around, climbing him and draining his energy. while it goes without saying that MV Godzilla isn't as stiff as Heisei and can probably pry them off of him, the hordes of Aggreggates are going to take their toll on him very quickly if he doesn't kill them all. Still leaning Godzilla, however I will give Destroyah much better odds now.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Godzilla is going to thrash Destoroyah around physically, but this is still close. The laser horn is going to be devastating to an opponent that can’t regenerate mid-combat, but it might be difficult to land it. While Destoroyah is physically strong enough to throw Heisei Godzilla to the ground, that will, at best, give him a very brief reprieve here.

But Legendary is going to have a tough time dealing with Aggregates. Yes, he can pick off the ones going for his front without too much issue (maybe, we don’t know how well he could protect his legs in this scenario), but without a nuclear pulse that can be used here, the ones on his back are going to have much more time to drain his energy. They were draining Burning Godzilla pretty quickly, considering how his mouth glowed blue before the nuclear pulse went off. Even if we want to assume Critical MV Godzilla has the same amount of energy as Burning Godzilla had at that point, he doesn’t regenerate energy as quickly as Heisei Godzilla does.

And by the way, we don’t really know how for certain how weak Destoroyah is to melee attacks. He’s stiff, sure, but I mean literally how much damage he takes from melee attacks. The only notable damage Burning Godzilla does to Destoroyah in melee is when he slaps Destoroyah’s chest and blood squirts out. But that’s because Godzilla had already blasted Destoroyah’s chest open with two atomic rays, then shot another into said gaping wound, before sauntering up and slapping at it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tB-69-N2gHo
This was the only video I could find of this part of the fight between Godzilla and Destoroyah, sorry. But yeah, we have no real way of telling how well Destoroyah handles melee, other than “takes Burning Godzilla shoulder bumps without notable damage” and “doesn’t like being slashed in the chest wound”. Also note Godzilla’s mouth glow red when he does the nuclear pulse as he’s being dragged around by Destoroyah’s tail, showing just how much the Aggregates drained in him such a short time for it to be blue against them.

I don’t actually know who to go for here, I just wanted to show that this isn’t totally in Godzilla’s favor.
I don’t think anybody is (or should) be arguing that this is going to be a cakewalk for Godzilla. Destroyah has the tools, defensive and offensive, to be a serious threat to LPG. The main point is that a supercharged Godzilla’s superior proficiency in close quarters, which is where this fight will primarily take place in, gives him noteworthy odds of emerging victorious. More so than Destroyah.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Gonna give it to Des. The supercharged pulses will probably do some damage but probably wouldn't do any lethal harm. Godzilla generally will win in CQC but one good hit of that laser horn should get him to back off. Then when that happens, I imagine Dessy would tail grapple and discharge energy before dropping off Godzilla to rinse and repeat.