Gojira: The Anime - Artists and Ideas

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

RogueShuffler
Monsterland Worker

Gojira: The Anime - Artists and Ideas

Post by RogueShuffler »

Ive been watchin a lot of anime lately cause the library at the town I just moved to has a really good selection and it got me thinking about a Godzilla anime. I think the art style would suit a kaiju universe perfectly. So I figured I see what you guys think would make a great adaptation. Pick an artist (or artists) and a story line. Lookin forward to what you guys can come up with!

My pick for artists would be
Hayao Miyazaki (spirited away, howls moving castle) and the team that animated and did cgi for Ghost in the Shell.

As for story line, I was thinking it would be cool to follow agents from a special branch of G-Force that conduct intelligence on Godzilla and the other monsters. They figure out what makes him tick, his biology, pretty much everything about him. Maybe give them some strange biomechanical abilities too. Somebody would be trying to assassinate them, and they would be thrust into a corruption scandal that goes all the way to the top. Plus plenty of awesome kaiju battles with all the greats.

So yeah, what would you guys do if you created a Godzilla Anime?
This valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta.

Gojira21
Futurian

Re: Gojira: The Anime - Artists and Ideas

Post by Gojira21 »

I honestly do not know of any anime artists o_O so can not really comment on that, but i wouldnt mind maybe seeing my very own fanfic story made into an anime film :huge:

but an anime Godzilla story could actually be interesting if done right i believe. Good topic to bring up
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Gojira21 wrote:I honestly do not know of any anime artists o_O so can not really comment on that, but i wouldnt mind maybe seeing my very own fanfic story made into an anime film :huge:

but an anime Godzilla story could actually be interesting if done right i believe. Good topic to bring up
Wouldn't everyone.

Lol, that would be really awesome to see Godzilla made into an anime, but not give up on how the movies are presently made.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Godzilla anime cartoon would be pretty awesome. It might appeal to a different crowd of people, which could benefit the fan base..just a thought.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Very well could KC, and i for one be willingly to see it done, if possible.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

More underage users! Yay! Lol, no. KC has a good point, I must say.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

RogueShuffler
Monsterland Worker

Post by RogueShuffler »

Well gee whiz this thread failed!
This valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Anime isn't my forte, bro. Sorry to bum you out, but it is what it is. :|
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

RogueShuffler
Monsterland Worker

Post by RogueShuffler »

King Caesar wrote:Anime isn't my forte, bro. Sorry to bum you out, but it is what it is. :|
Meh...whataya gonna do :) Thought fans of one japanese art franchise might also be into another japanese art franchise. A broad sweeping generalization on my part. ohz welllz 8-)

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

It'd be cool to see the Magnas be made into a few anime films
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:It'd be cool to see the Magnas be made into a few anime films
This. Though it would probably keep the kids out, lol.

Funny thing was that I was thinking of such things myself about a Godzilla anime. It would be a great chance to see Godzilla and co. in a different form!

Though another thing that also needs to be considered... Here's what I asked myself.

Q1: What is GODZILLA to you?

Q2: What do you want to see in a GODZILLA anime? And by see, I speak themes (self-absorbtion, joy, happiness, etc.), recurring elements of both the respective franchise and general anime (giant robots, alien invasions, psychic peeps, supernatural, etc.), the genre types and characters (dark anti-hero, spunky hero, complete human monster, etc.).

Q3: How do you want this GODZILLA anime to go? Have an end? Ongoing?

Q4: Which Toho monsters would you like to see in the Godzilla anime? Any new monsters to add on?

Q5: What sort of tone (or tones) do you see with the series?

That's all for right now. Currently asking more because.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Here's what I'd personally like to see happen if in the slight chance of this happening,

Either Heisei Godzilla or Megaguirus Godzilla should be used. (I could defiantly see a few animated movies featuring Kiryu, possibly going over what went down between Godzilla's attacks.) I'd prefer this anime to be serious with some funny moments. Geared at 15+ range of people. 5 seasons MAX. Maybe a one or two movies based off the series. It should mainly stick to original Toho kaiju, maybe one or two new monsters. Heavy on the monster action, a good, well thought out, on going story not just Monster A appears, Godzilla fights Monster A and wins then walks off. Some episodes should revolve around a character, one around the main character then some time down the line an episode revolving around Godzilla and how he intersects with his surroundings. That's all I got for right now.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

I actually found a new group on DeviantArt over this topic.

But I actually think if there we to be a Godzilla Anime it should be based off the Showa era but with a few dark and a comedic twists.
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

PopInPicsPresents wrote: I'd prefer this anime to be serious with some funny moments. Geared at 15+ range of people.
This. 100% agreed, there.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells