Life on Amalgamate Island

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Life on Amalgamate Island

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

Chapter 1
Discovery/ The creatures

It was in 1937 that Amalgamate Island was discovered.
"We were forced underground by `em, real monsters those were. We emerged from a tunnel on an island not too far from either Skull Island (uh.... that name makes me shudder) or the Bonin Islands, the closest of those being Lagos, the entire island was like a clash between Skull Island and Lagos, and don`t even make me mention the creatures."
-1937-1939 Skull Island/Amalgamate Island/Lagos Island expedition

Top Secret Information (For your eyes only)

The creatures of Amalgamate Island

Gaw
Species: Dromaeomortis Dynamos Regnos (very roughly translated as "Powerful Monarch of Runner of Death")
Length:?
Weight:?
She`s the queen in these parts. Not many have seen her, or, if they have, they`re dead. All we know comes from a worshipper`s
unrhymed poem:
"That is our goddess,
With her gaze grievous,
Towering over everything and everyone,
With claws sharper than any spear or arrow,
With the face of the dragon kind`s wickedest,
And a gaze that can kill even the greatest."
-Amalgamate Island poem

Deathrunners
Species: Dromaeomortis Dynamos (meaning Powerful Runner of Death)
Length:5.5 to 8 meters
Weight:2 to 3 tonnes
These are Gaw`s relatives and subordinates. A species evolved from Velociraptor that has lost it`s feathers. Not much to say.

Venatosaurus
Species: Venatosaurus (meaning "Thug Lizard")
The Venatosaurs are also an evolved species of Dromaeosaur. There are two species of Venatosaurus: Venatosaurus Saevdicus and Venatosaurus Impavidus, the latter being smaller.
Length:4-7.62 meters
Weight:0.5 to 1 tonne

Vastatosaurus
Species: Vastatosaurus Rex (Meaning "Ravager Lizard King")
Lengths: Between 12 and 21 meters (only four individuals are known to have reached the maximum length)
Weight: 7-12 tonnes
An evolved species of Tyrannosaurid. They are some of the most dangerous predators on the island.

Kong
Species: Megaprimatus Kong (Giant Primate Kong)
Height: 7.5 to 15 meters
Weight: Up to 60 tonnes
A giant species of ape that most likely evolved from the Gigantopithecus that arrived on Skull and Amalgamate Islands from mainland Asia. These apes were fought extinct for 6 years (1933 to 1939). These apes have very long lifespans, being able to easily take down 3 Vastatosaurs at an age between 100 and 120 tears old.They are Gaw`s only rivals on Amalgamate Island

Some tell of a creature even more powerful than Gaw. It is unknown how true these tales are.

The year now is 1955. We have been plagued by monsters of the past. Now Amalgamate Island is the last shelter of ancient species. Skull Island collapsed in 1948 and Lagos was destroyed by Castle Bravo last year, in 1954 if you want the year, but you know math, right?
Anyways, there are a lot of things to talk about. Such as new creatures!

Ferrucutus
Species: Ferrucutus Cerastes
Length: 7.3-10 m
Weight: 6-7 tonnes
An evolved species of Ceratopsian, these creatures are often found near Brontosaurus herds, exploiting the jungles cleared by the
larger animals.

Brontosaurus
Species: Brontosaurus Baxteri
Length: 24-36 meters
Weight: 40-60 tonnes
This evolved species of Apatosaurine was the biggest creature on Skull Island and is one of the largest creatures on Amalgamate Island.These creatures can flatten entire jungles on foraging trips.

However all of these creatures have already been discovered on Skull Island. These are the new ones.

Anguirosaurus
Species: Anguirosaurus Hondoni
Length: 10-14 meters
Weight:7-10 tonnes
An evolved species of Nodosaur, these creatures have a warlike hatred for creatures it sees as a threat to it`s kind.

Iguanodon
Species: Iguanodon Recentus
Length: 6-12 meters
Weight: 3-6 tonnes
A living fossil of the Iguanodontidae, having remained almost unchanged for 125 million years. There are some very obvious differences but they are not enough to place it outside of the genus Iguanodon

Hadrogigas
Species: Hadrogigas Grypos
Length: 18-25 meters
Weight: 13-24 tonnes
A giant Hadrosaur reaching sizes that almost rival the Brontosaurus, the Hadrogigas is the largest Ornithopod to have ever lived.

Allosaurus
Species: Allosaurus Giganteus
Length: 10-16 m
Weight: 4-7 tonnes
A lightweight giant carnivore, combining the size and strength of the Vastatosaurus with the agility and cunning of the Venatosaurus, this is a carnivore you don`t want to meet

Stegokentron
Species: Stegokentron Giganteus
Length: 10-18 meters
Weight: 6-12 tonnes
An evolved species of Stegosaur. It is very robust and has six spikes. It is very well defended by it`s armor.
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

Saansilt
Futurian

Re: Life on Amalgamate Island

Post by Saansilt »

This isn't a story it is a list. You have elements that can be made into a story, but as it stands you need to actually write that story down.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Saansilt wrote:This isn't a story it is a list. You have elements that can be made into a story, but as it stands you need to actually write that story down.
Yes, I know, this is meant to be an introduction to the creatures that will appear in the story. Next chapter will be much better in terms of being a story.

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

This isn't an introduction to a story. It is a poor teaser and a list. To introduce a story you need substance. Here you lack substance. No, the list doesn't count.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Saansilt wrote:This isn't an introduction to a story. It is a poor teaser and a list. To introduce a story you need substance. Here you lack substance. No, the list doesn't count.
You may be right, I`m still a newbie and I sometimes do something of poor quality because I try to do something that should not be done, well, one thing can be said, i have learned from my mistake. Thanks for the criticism.

Added in 15 hours 9 minutes 5 seconds:
Chapter 2
Arrival/The battle

The captain of the Wanderer sighed as the vague outline of Amalgamate Island appeared over the horizon,his last experience there was a nightmare, every hour they encountered a predator that wanted to eat them, fortunately, by trailing a Megaprimatus Kong they were able to stay out of harm`s way.
- Captain! You have to see this ! yelled one of the crewmen from across the ship
- What is it? asked the captain
- Look through the binoculars. said the crewman
He gasped, it was a giant caterpillar!
- How long until we reach the shore? he asked
- About two minutes, i estimate. said the crewman
- I Can`t wait to get a better view of it!
- I guess you`re excited to get to the island now?
- If only we could just snap a couple photos of it and get out of here....., instead we have to trek through that god forsaken jungle. sighed the captain.
The ship landed on the island and the captain rushed out to take a photograph of the giant caterpillar. Now that he was close to it he realized how big it truly was, about 15 meters, armored and segmented. He snapped a photo of it, then he heard a roar. The crew ran into the bushes while the captain hid behind a giant rock. A giant theropod, about 20 meters in length marched on the caterpillar, which fired silk out of it`s mouth. The predator circled it and began gnawing at it`s armor. The caterpillar turned making the theropod, which was leaning on it in order to bite it, fall. It fired a volley of silk at the theropod as it was getting up. The theropod marched on it, the caterpillar retreated to it`s side, a mistake the theropod was hoping it would make. The caterpillar retreated onto a rock, which it fell off of, exposing it`s soft underside, the caterpillar wailed as the theropod prepared to deliver the finishing blow. A huge flying shape swooped over the caterpillar and grabbed the menacing predator, dropping it 50 meters away, the theropod did not give up and bit the creatures legs as the crew watched in bewilderment at the huge moth that had just appeared to save it`s larva. The captain snapped another photo of the battle. The predator had pinned the moth under it`s feet, however it was hit in the back by a volley of silk making it fall over, the adult moth fired a charge of electricity from it`s antennae, inflicting pain on the theropod, which retreated into the water. The moth fired one more charge of electricity which effectively knocked out the theropod by electrocution, the moth picked up the caterpillar and flew off, leaving the crew of the ship bewildered:
- Captain, can we follow it?
- We`ll try.
The crew headed into the thick jungle, intending to find the moth again. Meanwhile in the water, bubbles start rising and the theropod rises it`s head out of the water, having found a new target, nothing was going to stop it from getting it`s meal. A Venatosaur rushed off into the jungle, intent on telling it`s queen what it had just seen.

A/N : Sorry about posting this via edit :oops:

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Hmm, not bad! Still lacking some but definitely better than first chapter. Should separate the paragraphs next so make it easier for readers to distinguish between them.

Also, interesting way of dialogue lol I don't think I've ever seen anyone not put " " for dialogue. But as you said, u still a newbie and learning! And what better way to learn than from practice.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Gojira21 wrote:Hmm, not bad! Still lacking some but definitely better than first chapter. Should separate the paragraphs next so make it easier for readers to distinguish between them.

Also, interesting way of dialogue lol I don't think I've ever seen anyone not put " " for dialogue. But as you said, u still a newbie and learning! And what better way to learn than from practice.
Thanks for the advice, I will space them out, also, the reason I use lines is to mimic quotation dashes, in my country we usually only use quotes for citations. I guess this is what I get for being bilingual lol

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Your welcome! That's what we are here for lol

Well the dashes doesn't necessarily bother me any, but to others it might. However, do it how you want to do it. Just, like said before, break it up so its easier to tell apart. The rest, like detail e.t.c. Will come from practice and reading other people's stories.

Welcome to the board though! Not sure if anyone said it yet lol feel free to pm sometime if need advice
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Chapter 3
Gaw/ The chase

There was one name the islanders feared, a roar that all creatures feared, and a creature whose gaze could make even the greatest men cower in fear. These all belonged to one creature, one almighty queen, they called her... Gaw. People said she was a monster, a dragon even, only deserving of the pronoun "it". However any scientist would negate that claim once they saw her. After they got over the shock of her dragon-like features, they would notice her giant braincase, one thing was certain, she was smarter than a possum.

She had been queen for 15 years and had still not found a king, it frustrated her. Just as she accepted the idea that there would be no king, rumors sparked up everywhere about a predator that could be a match for her, and she wanted to find it, she didn`t get her hopes up, because this predator was so rare, that the few who saw it ran away in fear, at least until now.

A Venatosaur rushed up to her:
— My queen! I have found the predator! said the panting Venatosaur
— Where? she asked
— He`s heading into the jungle to hunt some furless apes. answered the Venatosaur
— Did you say "he"? asked the queen
— Yes. It is most definitely of the male gender. said the Venatosaur
— Very well then, we will hunt the hairless apes and hope we find him along the way.
— But, my queen! The Seaside Pack is planning on revolting! pointed out the Venatosaur
— They will pay for it in due time.

As the crew of the Wanderer trekked through the jungle, they failed to notice the footsteps behind them, as one of the crew would note after watching The Last Dinosaur "The bigger those things are, the stealthier they get". The hungry predator was following behind them. One of them stopped and listened, perfect opportunity, the theropod lunged and, missing, gave chase. A rock was blocking the way, however they could crawl under, the theropod could not, they crawled out at the other side and sighed in relief. Unfortunately this relief was premature.

The predator smashed right through the rock, prompting the crew to run again, he knew that they would tire eventually, however, he forgot to factor in their intelligence:
— Look! Ferrucutus ! yelled one of the crewmen
— If we make them stampede maybe they`ll kill the theropod!
Said and done, they climbed up onto a large rock and scared the Ferrucutus, which stampeded towards the theropod but to their horror they did not kill him, instead, the predator grabbed the biggest of the Ferrucutus and threw it at the rock. The Fertucutus hit the rock head on, dying instantly. The rock crumbled with the crewmen still on it. The predator marched, bearing down on the crew of the Wanderer until a mighty roar was heard, a giant ape, several meters taller than the theropod had appeared, it was a Kong! The theropod roared a challenge of it`s own.

A battle of the ages had just begun, the mighty theropod vs the biggest ape ever known to man .

Author`s Note: What? LINE is evolving! LINE evolved into EM DASH!
Feel free to post a reply letting me know what you thought, by the way, when I say " a Kong", I refer to an individual of the same species as King Kong. I don`t think I like the Pokemon evolution joke I just made anymore.