DESTROY ALL MONSTERS: BATTLEFIELD

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

(WARNING: Please do NOT comment on this thread. Send me a Private Message if you have a comment, question, or etc. This fanfiction is currently still in progress at the time I am writing this, and I may not post anything in here for a while in between. Thank you.)

Chapter One: Cretaceous Enemy.

----

Millions of years ago...

----

Agony.

That is all the dying Godzillasaurus felt, before it dropped to the ground, dead from its wounds. Cackling sounds, almost like a twisted demented bell, rang through the area. Six ancient eyes glared at the body of the once proud dinosaur, each one of them reptile in nature. The drool and blood covered jaws of the alien monster standing before the corpse closed, ceasing their horrible noises. The dark and golden scale covered wings of the beast moved slightly as it walked away, its powerful muscle filled legs propelling it. It knew there were thousands of others out there like the one it just slayed, eager to slowly hunt down and destroy them all. All it ever thought of was destruction, its gargantuan mind shrouded in darkness. The forked tail of the beast flung up and down as it walked, making loud thuds as it headed towards the closest forest to hopefully find more animals to simply destroy.

As soon as it entered, though, its hyper-intelligent mind already detected a presence of something else lurking somewhere. It made the same cackling sound, demanding for whatever pathetic creature it had to consume to face it. Almost like a reply, the ground started to vibrate as a deep rumbling overtook any noise left in the forest. The Cretaceous monster stumbled, making cackles of annoyance. For some strange reason, the shaking earth underneath it was also getting extremely high in temperature, even for the three headed beast. It then felt the ground itself underneath it split, causing it to take flight immediately and land near a mountain that hadn’t been razed by the creature yet. Magma exploded from the ground, the burning hot liquid setting the nearest trees and other plant life on fire. The three headed monster simply watched with hate, and even a bit of confusion as the ground continued to split.

The ground finally stopped its deep gash in the Earth, as the strangest thing happened. A gigantic sword, covered in black and orange patterns, rose from the fiery pit resembling an underworld. Following the sword, a gigantic black and orange bow rose as well, making more room for two gigantic arms. The arms slowly pulled something truly massive upwards, almost as large as the three headed beast itself. Many creatures knew this beast as a demon, something to be feared above all others. The name spoken inside of the creature’s hellish world sent shivers down spines. Kumasogami rose from the lava spurting earth, facing the other monstrosity standing there.

As much as the Cretaceous King Ghidorah hated to admit it, both of them were all too similar. Lost demons who wanted nothing but death to all existing lifeforms. Kumasogami formed a large smirk on the corners of its glowing orange jaws, ready to turn this monster into ash. Meanwhile, Ghidorah cackled at the demon standing before it. The first blows were from Ghidorah, who instantly blasted multiple fireballs at the monster. Kumasogami made loud hisses of pain, as he backed away with fresh smoke spraying from his chest. In retaliation, the demon raised the arm which had already been in the shape of a large bow, firing multiple burning arrows which embedded themselves deep into the skin of the three-headed nightmare. The Ghidorah at first felt nothing, and continued to quickly advance, until it was engulfed by multiple explosions from the arrows lodged inside of its chest. It barely even had time to screech as bits and pieces of its bloodied chest flew through the air.

Kumasogami made a sick laughter, before immediately being tackled to the ground by its damaged enemy. The beast floored the God of Kumaso, and stepped on him over and over, crushing his innards with an extreme amount of pressure. Suddenly, when it finally seemed the demon was dead, Ghidorah felt nothing in his right leg. The nothing was replaced by searing agony, as the hydra fell to the ground with a missing leg. Kumasogami stood up, his sword arm covered in blood and scales. The severed leg of Ghidorah fell into the hole where Kumasogami emerged, burning it seconds after making contact. The Cretaceous Ghidorah raised both wings, trying to fly away while spraying crimson fluid everywhere.

Kumasogami wouldn’t let this happen.

The God of Kumaso leaped into the air, plunging its blade arm through the wing of the dragon and melting it away. In less than a second, Ghidorah collapsed from the sky, screaming in agony. For the first time, the ancient space demon felt pain. The God landed next to the downed Ghidorah, his bow arm morphing into another blade. In a short attempt, the extremely wounded monster blasted three more fireballs from its heads. One easily missed, but the other two detonated against the chest of Kumasogami, ripping it open and spraying molten liquid all over the ground. The demon was now angered. Despite the pain, Kumasogami slashed its blade arms through the stomach and middle neck of Ghidorah. The hydra made a gurgled groan, as its middle neck and head collapsed to the ground, rolling down a nearby mountain and vanishing. Its stomach was instantly ripped open, spilling its organs all over the ground. The remaining two heads made roars of agony, as its fatally wounded body only made slight twitching.
Kumasogami raised its left blade, making a fatal slash which decapitated the other two heads. The demon had reduced the space monster to a pile of broken, mangled body parts. It kicked the two heads, body, and the pile of organs into the raging magma, incinerating all of them. Kumasogami wandered away, wondering if it could find any other challenges as easy as this.

Meanwhile, the third head continued to roll down the mountain, not incinerated or destroyed. It kept rolling and rolling, finally coming to a stop when it traveled into an extremely deep chasm, getting buried under thousands of tons of dirt. Inside of the chasm, the head’s charred flesh at the end of its long neck started to become golden again, slowly regenerating…

-------

(Sorry if this chapter was very short! It's more like a prologue/foreshadowing for what would later happen in the story. I promise future chapters will be longer, thank you!)
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Re: DESTROY ALL MONSTERS: BATTLEFIELD

Post by BlueGojira »

Chapter Two: Rebuild.

----

Douglas Gordon and Akane Yashiro strolled down a hallway, moving into a gigantic room with several other board members and high ranking officers of the building they were in.

“Project Rebuild has currently started, and is being funded by the crew of the Anti-Megalosaurus Force.” said Rando Yaguchi who had recently become part of this organization.

“Do we have confirmation to show test footage to these people, Gordon?” asked an anonymous leader in an orange jumpsuit.

“Confirmation has been cleared, sir. PROJECT: MECHANICAL DRAGON test footage is currently being reeled at our projector room.” stated Captain Gordon of the Gotengo battleship.

The many people in the current conference room moved out, heading towards the destined projector area. Once inside, all lights were shut down and doors and windows were locked with the most security possible, as the years-old projector powered on.

First, the footage showed the blades of a helicopter spinning, only to zoom out and reveal several of the same helicopter unlatching cables from something truly gargantuan. A loud mechanical cry rang through the air, sounding like a roar between a machine and something alive.

Its brilliant form stood there beneath the sun, flexing its silver claws equipped with razor sharp blades. It opened its box shaped jaw, revealing several rows of artificial teeth and twin masers in the back of its throat. Two brilliant glowing yellow eyes with streaks of red running below them glowed brightly, as the magnificent machine took several steps forward with its bulky legs. On its back, many rows of blocky dorsal spines were present, which were the same shining silver as the rest of its form.

The footage seemed to last for hours even though it was only minutes, as it continued to repeat the same patterns.

“So, wait.. Is this what those skeletal remains were used for?” asked the man in the orange jumpsuit.

“Indeed, we found them in the harbor and transported them using many, MANY submarines.”

“While Gordon over here--”

“I swear if you nitpick me one more time..” stated an impatient Gordon.

“...While Gordon over here calls this “MECHANICAL DRAGON”, I’d like to shorten the name to something from my home language, Japanese. I call this defender of Earth standing before you Kiryu.” said Akane.

“So, wait.. What do you mean ‘skeletal remains’? I was never informed of this..” asked Yaguchi again.

“I’ll expla-” Akane was cut off.

“No, I’LL explain.” said Gordon.

“Basically, do you remember what happened in Tokyo so many decades ago? 1954.. On that year, the very first Godzilla ever seen by human eyes surfaced and laid waste to several cities. It was killed by a weapon known as the Oxygen Destroyer, invented by Doctor Ishiro Serizawa, who sacrificed his life to ensure nobody would use the weapon again. The skeleton of the monster was all that remained, as it was stripped down to the very bone.”

“.... so.. You used that skeleton?” Yaguchi questioned.

“Well, building our very first machine which was supposed to be at least one hundred feet wasn’t easy, so we needed a template, which had to be that skeleton. We would remove it, but that would be harder than building Kiryu in the first place.” Gordon finished.

“I have a question as well. Who originally allowed these machines to be made, and what is Base-51? In that test video I saw a logo for it, and I might as well ask.” Akane said.

The unnamed man in the orange jumpsuit walked into the light, revealing his name tag which blankly said “Kubota”. He responded quickly, and seemed to have a nervous tone in his voice.

“I… I funded the program. I decided it would be a good measure. We needed to fight the numerous monsters that attacked civilization again and again, so why not create beings of our own?.... Also, Base-51 is something I cannot allow to disclose….” Kubota backed away, adjusting his glasses which oddly seemed to be taped together.

“...Okay?” said Akane, seeming suspicious.

Before anybody else could speak, a group of military officers walked into the room, carrying a photograph of a satellite radar.

One of the officers spoke out loud to Kubota.

“Sir, this photograph was taken only ten minutes ago on our atmosphere radar. Something is rapidly approaching the Earth.”

“Understood. Continue this conference later, we need to deal with a potential kaiju.” said Kubota as he walked out of the room with the group of men.

“.. I have a bad feeling about this.” stated Akane as she watched the satellite photograph left on the table.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.