Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

GodzillavsJason

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Postby GodzillavsJason » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:58 pm

I think it could work as a one shot type of story or like a couple chapter story.

It has quite a bit of potential.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

"Stop being a skreeonk and put it in my mouth!"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

"For the kids"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Postby shippersdreamer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:40 pm

I was actually thinking of doing a Godzilla version of the classic Christmas Charol, with Godzilla Heisei being Scrooge, Anguirus representing Jacob Marley, Showa Godzilla being the Ghost of Christmas Past, Godzilla Junior being the Ghost of Christmas Present, and with the original Godzilla 54 or GMK Godzilla representing the Ghost of Christmas Future. Think this could work?
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 pm

shippersdreamer wrote:I was actually thinking of doing a Godzilla version of the classic Christmas Charol, with Godzilla Heisei being Scrooge, Anguirus representing Jacob Marley, Showa Godzilla being the Ghost of Christmas Past, Godzilla Junior being the Ghost of Christmas Present, and with the original Godzilla 54 or GMK Godzilla representing the Ghost of Christmas Future. Think this could work?

I think this could work and I'm actually curious to see this. You have my hype I guess you can say. Make it. :)
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:06 am

shippersdreamer wrote:I was actually thinking of doing a Godzilla version of the classic Christmas Charol, with Godzilla Heisei being Scrooge, Anguirus representing Jacob Marley, Showa Godzilla being the Ghost of Christmas Past, Godzilla Junior being the Ghost of Christmas Present, and with the original Godzilla 54 or GMK Godzilla representing the Ghost of Christmas Future. Think this could work?

That would be a fantastic idea DO IT.
Godzilla

EdGojira
EDF Soldier

Postby EdGojira » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:30 pm

May I use this thread to gauge interest in an idea I have (that I have actually started writing)?

It looks like I can use the thread for that, but I need confirmation.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtesy+of+that+ed+edd+amp+eddy+post+a+_b4fa40b3496a

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:54 pm

EdGojira wrote:May I use this thread to gauge interest in an idea I have (that I have actually started writing)?

It looks like I can use the thread for that, but I need confirmation.

You have an idea in mind? Well then here you go. Say as many ideas as you please. :)
52 wins and 27 loses

EdGojira
EDF Soldier

Postby EdGojira » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:44 pm

Okay, so I already have about 4,600 words in here but it still is in a way an idea. I want to check this out here. It is a Christmas story, but by many means it is non-traditional.

The main characters all have something they don't like about Christmas. There is the sisters, born near the holiday to the point it overshadows their birthdays. The also don't like the music or sweaters, but that's played for laughs. There is their friend and band mate, who has to deal with a Christmas party every year that gives him no shortage of discomfort. The party attracts nice people, and rude people.

It's kind of a theme that there are different kinds of people in the world. Anyway, the trio of friends get quickly blamed by the neighborhood kids (the protagonists are early teens themselves) for a case of stolen presents. The idea is that they equate a negative opinion of Christmas for a dislike of it (there's a reason the adults are confounded by the situation. Also, been having trouble making the accusation scene funny. Might need suggestions here.)
They go searching for the guy who stole the presents to clear their name. There, they talk cynical and idealistic views of the season. Is it cold to outsiders? Can people open their minds to a different view? Will they clear their name?

Also, there is slapstick and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It probably will have some kind of warmness to it, if won't be a negative story. I'm thinking it will be about 9,200 or more words long. I am wondering if anybody would be interested in reading it, based on this description?
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtesy+of+that+ed+edd+amp+eddy+post+a+_b4fa40b3496a

EdGojira
EDF Soldier

Postby EdGojira » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:27 pm

I have come here because I have an ideam. So, sort of a spin off from something I wrote previously. It would center on the Eds from around the time the second Edzilla incident.

It would essentially use the original characters (no OCs) in an episodic manner, with each chapter functioning as an "episode." Each "episode" would be assigned an individual title to emulate a television format.

While it would focus on the kids primarily, I'm thinking that there might be brief cameos and dialogues with adults, a deviation meant to show that the Eds are veering more toward adulthood.

An overarching plot is not something I would rule out, but it would mainly focus on humor and maybe get deeper as time goes on (this may be a slow process.) It would, however, focus on the Eds attempting to find odd jobs in order to earn money after a feud caused by the Edzilla incident causes Kevin to stop giving them jawbreakers. While the Eds are not social pariahs anymore, they certainly are not at the level of approval as the end of Big Picture Show. To compound onto that, they are being sabotaged by the Gourd (Jonny on his revenge quest), which not only further harms their social status but also makes people less likely to hire them.
Last edited by EdGojira on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdGojira
EDF Soldier

Postby EdGojira » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Going off the previous post, I have a premise for its "pilot" (contains spoilers for a possible Edzilla reboot):

Spoiler:
The Common EdAfter Edd uses experimental soap to destroy the Edzilla costume once and for all, he finds that all of his clothes have been destroyed with it... including his hat (but not his underwear.) Thus, his secret is revealed to Kevin, Nazz and Jonny, and soon thereafter it is spread to all of the kids who, along with making him the butt of their jokes, make it their mission to steal his replacement hat at every corner.
Last edited by EdGojira on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Postby Dr Mario » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Over the last two days I've been thinking of a writing a rewrite of the 1986 Transformers movie where less/different characters die and Unicorn is absent from story with Starscream taking and keeping command of the Decepticons following the death of Megatron. So following that Starscream would learn from Shockwave that Megatron had Trypticon being built Cybertron for years and that it was now completed leading Starscream to scramble the Decepticon Fleet and bring Trypticon to earth and lay waste to cities with the plan to take over Earth and make into New Cybertron and the story would end in a final climactic battle with between the Autobots and the Decepticons with a group of Autobots fighting their way through Trypticon's battle station form to destroy it while Optimus Prime faces off with Starscream. So anyway I wanted to know if based off that little summary if you guys think it's a good idea and worth writing and maybe change and add a few things to it or if it's a completely stupid idea and a disgrace to the G1 Series.

Red Hunter
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Red Hunter » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:26 am

I have a doubt: I already have a fan-fic, can I post all its episodes in only one topic?
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Don't read this. You did, see ya in hell

DinoMaster
JXSDF Technician

Postby DinoMaster » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:30 am

Red Hunter wrote:I have a doubt: I already have a fan-fic, can I post all its episodes in only one topic?

If ya mean all the chapters in one post, or all of them in one topic, the answer is yes. That's actually how we tend to prefer them, with a chat thread to keep things decluttered.

Red Hunter
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Red Hunter » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:34 am

DinoMaster wrote:
Red Hunter wrote:I have a doubt: I already have a fan-fic, can I post all its episodes in only one topic?

If ya mean all the chapters in one post, or all of them in one topic, the answer is yes. That's actually how we tend to prefer them, with a chat thread to keep things decluttered.

Yeah, that's it. Thanks
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Red Hunter
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Red Hunter » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:47 am

DinoMaster wrote:

Good to update: where I post it? Im a bit lost in the forums.....

DinoMaster
JXSDF Technician

Postby DinoMaster » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:23 am

[quote="Red Hunter"
Good to update: where I post it? Im a bit lost in the forums.....[/quote]

You'd post it here in the Begging Writers section, as you're new.

Red Hunter
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Red Hunter » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:17 am

DinoMaster wrote:[quote="Red Hunter"
Good to update: where I post it? Im a bit lost in the forums.....

You'd post it here in the Begging Writers section, as you're new.[/quote]
Already posted it in here. Hope all u like it. Its called "Armaghidorah"

(NOTE: as I said in here, I already created this fan-fic, so, history its subect to a few little changes and maybe
content increase in short chapters)

EdGojira
EDF Soldier

Postby EdGojira » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:40 pm

I proposed a Fusionfall RPG and nobody bit, so I am getting more and more tempted. What is Fusionfall? It is essentially a crossover between Cartoon Network shows where a sentient planet has sent agents to infect the Earth with matter from itself in preparation of consuming Earth. A military force is made to fight said agents.

Another thing that I want to make has a premise that I am not sure if people are going to like (and I haven't exactly proven myself here.)

I want to make a Godzilla fan fiction where he is a hero, not just a hero but a celebrity among humans. Like, he is huge in more ways than one. He has themed restaurants based after him, plus he's, action figures and fans.

What has Godzilla done exactly to earn this? He has shown no malice toward humanity in this incarnation, and has killed whatever aggressive monsters that has come his way.

Even as scientists think that it may just be a little unhealthy to have such a big buzz over a giant monster, which by any means can be destructive as the monsters he intercepts, it doesn't quite come through.

Humanity has it real good with him around. They even make first contact with intelligent alien life who give them their technology...

Oh, and this would be comedic. Do you think that could go anywhere, or have suggestions on where it can go and what I can do with the premise?

Birdman
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Birdman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:45 am

There's an idea I've been thinking for some time now, but haven't had the confidence nor the motivation to actually start. I don't even know if I should write, since it's a genre many people tend to hate.

I dunno. What are your opinions on self-insert fics?
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

EdGojira
EDF Soldier

Postby EdGojira » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Birdman wrote:There's an idea I've been thinking for some time now, but haven't had the confidence nor the motivation to actually start. I don't even know if I should write, since it's a genre many people tend to hate.

I dunno. What are your opinions on self-insert fics?

I think most's criticisms come from the idea that a self insert character ends up a Mary Sue. They behave like they are outside the fiction and that can give them a very distinct edge in the story. If you are aware of the plot's way of progression, of course you are going to have one over all other characters. I think it would work if there is no meta knowledge that the character has and they act like how you would in that situation, not how you would fix it if you know it happens.

(In my dead Total Drama fan fiction, I was going to satirize the Mary Sue self insert, playing it straight in some ways but overplaying it and even making it seem creepy to the other characters. Part of the reason I didn't do it is because I wasn't sure if people would catch on to the joke or see it as funny. :lol: )

EdGojira wrote:I proposed a Fusionfall RPG and nobody bit, so I am getting more and more tempted. What is Fusionfall? It is essentially a crossover between Cartoon Network shows where a sentient planet has sent agents to infect the Earth with matter from itself in preparation of consuming Earth. A military force is made to fight said agents.

Another thing that I want to make has a premise that I am not sure if people are going to like (and I haven't exactly proven myself here.)

I want to make a Godzilla fan fiction where he is a hero, not just a hero but a celebrity among humans. Like, he is huge in more ways than one. He has themed restaurants based after him, plus he's, action figures and fans.

What has Godzilla done exactly to earn this? He has shown no malice toward humanity in this incarnation, and has killed whatever aggressive monsters that has come his way.

Even as scientists think that it may just be a little unhealthy to have such a big buzz over a giant monster, which by any means can be destructive as the monsters he intercepts, it doesn't quite come through.

Humanity has it real good with him around. They even make first contact with intelligent alien life who give them their technology...

Oh, and this would be comedic. Do you think that could go anywhere, or have suggestions on where it can go and what I can do with the premise?

So, my description of this was very brief. I have decided to elaborate on some details and scope interest with more details as to it.

For starters, characters!

Well, we have a young woman in charge of caring for her niece. Seemingly shy and reserved, she has sort of a courageous streak. She is protective, and also serves to show the side of people skeptical about Godzilla.

This makes her niece somewhat of a problem. This child loves Godzilla and was in fact born quite a few years after Godzilla's first appearance, meaning she only experienced Godzilla as a hero, not any public panics that were initially brought on (which anyone who is her aunt's age would have experienced at the age of four.) She has toys and buys a lot of merchandize of Godzilla, even going out of her way to eat at restaurants themed after him. Stubborn, compassionate and with a decent head on her shoulders.

The third is a guy who calls himself "the face of Godzilla." He has an ego ten miles wide and a face to support it. He doesn't ever actively step on people, but he has seemingly turned a blind eye to the people who wanted the job as well. His ego and courage to stand in front of people to sign autographs "in Godzilla's name." His overall gusto is because he has a history with Godzilla and fully believes the giant monster is a benevolent creature.

You can say Godzilla himself is a character. Part of the world is that his motivations are uncertain. He has not attacked humans at all, aside from the times collateral damage occurred from being unable to lure monsters out of the way of the population, but some argue this isn't out of good will but that humans are not threats. He does seem gentle to humans, but also a being of raw power that obliterates other creatures of similar size without a second thought.

Now onto the world:

It's not just scientists, but schools, citizens and even governments hold discussions about whether he is truly benevolent. These have mainly died down from how they once were, though. Or maybe not. I want Godzilla to clearly be a hero here, but too much debate might punch a hole in that. The aliens reignite the discussion somewhat, with both groups being superiorly powered entities who just show up and declare themselves saviors.

The oldest unnamed monster is called "Monster Z", also known as "Monster Zero." It has gotten into scuffles with Godzilla, but has otherwise not made many appearances. Any scuffles with Godzilla go documented but not focused on, mainly to keep up appearances that Godzilla had killed it in their sole publicized fight.

Most monsters are named, the ones that are not are assigned letters going back from Z. This pattern was started in the first place because of Monster Zero, the logic being that its official case files have it dubbed Monster Z (which itself was an error at the time.) "Monster Zero" is a buzz name.

The aliens are apparently friendly and genuinely give humans some of their technology (unlike the Showa Xiliens, who gave humans a world domination message instead of a cure for cancer.) Still, ships stationed above volcanoes, near capitals and the ability to know where Godzilla is despite not knowing about the monster seem pretty suspicious...

I'm thinking of "Godzilla" as a word itself is created by media buzz. Technically, Godzilla is Monster Z but was rechristened Gojira after some time. Have a fun time telling everyone Godzilla's not really called "Godzilla", though.

Again, I want this story to have a sense of humor. Even upon debates, have a blunder happen. Maybe some snark there, but also slapstick and good old corniness.

SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician

My idea for a Godzilla/Gamera crossover fanfic

Postby SonOfGorgo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:19 pm

Title: Godzilla X Gamera X Gyaos: Giant Monster Wars
Setting: Takes place five years after Gamera 3 and three years after GMK.

Heroic Kaiju:
    Godzilla
    Gamera
    Varan
    Anguirus
    Baragon
    Mothra
    Zilla Junior

Evil Kaiju:
    Barugon
    Viras
    Guiron
    Jiger
    Zigra
    Ultra Gyaos
    Possessed Ghidorah

My drafted plot:
After Gamera seemingly ridded the world of the Gyaos at the cliffhanger of Gamera 3, a lone specimen would escape/flee to an unknown island, to grow and evolve into something far stronger than before.

Barugon and Jiger would the first evil Kaiju to appear and attack, in Odaiba.

Gamera, Varan and Anguirus would awaken in response to this new attack.

Zilla Junior would arrive just then, to help Gamera battle against Barugon and Jiger.

Baragon and Mothra would be reborn, but while Ghidorah regenerates, a colony of microscopic Precambrian crustaceans would enter his body and eventually take control of such.

Godzilla would this time be possessed a different single familiar spirit, one that would be revealed later on.

At first, when Godzilla and Gamera meet for the first time, they mistake each other for a threat and eventually fight.

Viras, Guiron and Zigra would appear, but Varan, Anguirus, Baragon and Mothra then engage in.

When Ghidorah finally returns, he's longer a Guardian Monster, as he suddenly reek even more havoc than even Gyaos and Godzilla ever did before, and is somehow absorbing all nearby oxygen.

The last Gyaos would reappear, in a form more powerful than Super or Hyper Gyaos, a form known as Ultra Gyaos.

Afterwards, Godzilla and Gamera would choose to set their differences aside and team up, not only with each other but also with the other Guardians, to battle against the real threats.

The final battle would take place in Shikoku, between Godzilla, Gamera, Varan, Anguirus, Baragon, Mothra, and Zilla Junior, against Possessed Ghidorah, Barugon, Ultra Gyaos, Viras, Guiron, Jiger, and Zigra.

Jiger would be the first to be defeated, as Mothra distracts and blinds it, Anguirus would crush and impale Jiger in his "spike ball form".

Next to be defeated is Barugon, as he nearly strangles and freezes Baragon with his tongue, Varan would stab the giant reptile in the head.

Guiron would his blade stuck in the cliff before ending up decapitated by Godzilla atomic fire breath.

Viras and Zigra would both get blazed alive by Zilla Junior.

Godzilla would slay Ultra Gyaos by firing his atomic breath into the giant bat's mouth a la Gareth Edwards 2014 reboot.

Godzilla, Gamera and Zilla Junior would unite their breaths of fire at the still possessed Ghidorah and eventually destroy him, or so they think. As Ghidorah's flesh gets peeled and burnt away, the crustaceans would fuse together to take on a new form, Destoroyah...

Destoroyah would reveal his intent on absorbing all the oxygen left on Earth to survive and become even more stronger. As he already became too powerful even for all seven Guardians, Godzilla and Gamera would choose to sacrifice themselves to defeat him, by combining their spirits and imploding their bodies. They succeed, as Destoroyah ends up turning into a statue of solid oxygen that evenutally crumbles and disintregrates, restoring the air to Earth.

In a surprise twist, not only would Gamera's spirit still live on, but also the spirit that brought Godzilla back this time, revealed to be Dr. Serizawa, who turnt out to be bent on destroying what he unintentionally created with his Oxygen Destroyer. Because he did just that in the form of the monster he once killed with that device, his soul's finally at rest as he ascends to Heaven.

In the end, the victorious surving Kaiju; Varan, Anguirus, Baragon, Mothra and Zilla Junior bid farewell to the humans as they travel to the ocean and the horizon. And just when we think that Godzilla and Gamera are really gone for good, two large different eggs wash ashore. Hinting that maybe, just maybe, they'll return...

That's my idea, what do you think of it? Please post down your thoughts, opinions, and ideas in the comments below. Thank you.
Still the best... 8-)

Return to “Beginning Writers”