Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Postby SonOfGorgo » Sat May 27, 2017 2:14 am

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:... Why couldn't you just post that as a fanfic?

It's a rough draft of mine.
Still the best... 8-)

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Sat May 27, 2017 8:08 am

SonOfGorgo wrote:

But why did you post it in this thread?

SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician

Postby SonOfGorgo » Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 am

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:

It's an idea, right? Should I remove it?
Still the best... 8-)

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Sat May 27, 2017 8:33 am

SonOfGorgo wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:It's a rough draft of mine.

It's an idea, right? Should I remove it?

I mean, I guess it's an idea; but it seems like you already have what you want written out and all you have to do is expand. I'm just not really sure I get the point of posting it here.

SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician

Postby SonOfGorgo » Sat May 27, 2017 8:38 am

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I mean, I guess it's an idea; but it seems like you already have what you want written out and all you have to do is expand. I'm just not really sure I get the point of posting it here.

I dunno, just a test. Anyway, it's one thing to write a synopsis for your story, it's another to actually expand upon it with actual dialogue. All I'm saying is that, it's daunting at heart and I wish to become better as a writer over time.
Still the best... 8-)

KaijuLord54
Young Farmer

Kaiju Agents: Season 0; My Fanfiction

Postby KaijuLord54 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new here in Toho Kingdom. Since I'm pretty sure everyone here is a Kaiju fan, I was thinking that maybe I could show my fanfiction "Kaiju Agents: Season 0" to my fellow Kaiju Agents. If any of you ever wish to read and/or review my fanfic, it's on the Wattpad app. And my Wattpad Username is "KaijuLord54".

G.Escanor
Ronin

Postby G.Escanor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 am

toho_guy01 wrote:Well, can anyone give me tips on how to do destruction sequences in Kaiju fan fics?

It would help to identify the Kaiju that's causing the destruction so that the destruction makes sense to how they would act and the abilities it would display. An example can be a kaiju like Godzilla, in which he uses his mass to tear through everything and use his atomic breath to destroy objects from a distance or military combatants. Then there are kaiju like those seen in Gamera movies, in which the kaiju go out of their way to kill and even eat humans while purposely destroying places with the most people or living things. The destruction is entirely up to the kaiju and i feel that it is important to know the kaiju you're working with. Hopefully this advice helps.

anzilla
Ronin

Age of Monsters - A Hypothetical Television Series

Postby anzilla » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Hello all! I've been thinking about sharing this idea for awhile, I've even posted on here before to gauge the interest in it. Well, I've decided to indeed share it with you all here on the forum!

I used to have this mental activity, a way of exercising my creative impulses when I didn't have the time, resources, or opportunity to make my own, original art. This activity was structuring out and writing television series bibles. Series regulars and recurring characters, glossaries, and episode guides, I'd write them all in a generalized form. I did ones for a new Star Trek series, several Star Wars series, live-action Gundam and Transformers series, I made a lot in my high school years. (It also helped me cope with the stress of being a bullied dork.) My Godzilla series, called Age of Monsters, benefited from my coming back to it briefly in 2014 after the Legendary reboot hit theaters, so its episode list, while not complete, actually reflects better ideas, in my opinion.

The idea of this show is that it takes from all corners of the franchise history, with characters from the Dark Horse comics, combined with story ideas from films, novels, comics, animation, everywhere. Remember; I'm not seeking to create an original piece of fan fiction--this is more me stretching my creative muscles by imagining new spins on existing concepts and tales. Best to imagine this series as coming from an alternate universe where the producers were able to secure the rights to remake all of these ideas, or perhaps a universe where they didn't originally exist until now.

I'll start soon with the series intro and characters, along with just a bit of the backstory, just enough to orient the viewer (reader?) before I begin dropping detailed episode summaries, once every week-to-2-weeks.

I hope everyone enjoys it!
"Oh no, there goes Tokyo..."

Return to “Beginning Writers”