GOJIRA: The Novel

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Devianteist
Yojimbo

GOJIRA: The Novel

Post by Devianteist »

GOJIRA: The Novel has been put on hiatus. The amount of time it will be in this state is not yet known. I apologize now, as there have been far too few updates to keep this project interesting. This project will NOT be cancelled.

Further information may follow in the coming days.

Anyone interested in more detail, wishing to express ideas for the novel and/or it's various versions can post their thoughts here, or express general thoughts on the project.

If anyone wishes to contact me regarding the Novel and/or its hiatus, they can do so via PM or E-Mail. I will answer any and all questions if I can. Thank you.

Hidden in the spoiler tags is all the information thus far released regarding the Novel.
Spoiler:

PROLOGUE OF WORLD OF GOJIRA EDITION:
Darkness. That is what surrounded him. The ocean was an endless abyss to many, but not he, for it was his kingdom. His powerful limbs propelling his immense figure through the murky water, toward his destination. He could sense the activity above him, things moving on the water. He was familiar with this activity, for he had felt it all too often. Today, however, his attention was drawn upward. The things seemed to be following him, their movements more frantic and nervous.

There was also a presence. Power, radiating power, one long familiar to him. One that had whet his hunger. A hunger so powerful, it had driven him deep into his kingdom to keep it in check. It was powerful here. Ever so powerful.

He breached the surface, sending the tiny things in the water into chaos as he rose. His gaze fell upon them for second before there was a sudden interruption. He was blinded by an immense flash of light, then berated by a powerful force he couldn’t see. He was thrown back into the water, his flesh blackened. As he realized the small things had attacked him, he felt something boiling in his being. Something he hadn’t felt since he was young…

Vengeance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the beginning of the First Draft of Chapter One: Loss at Sea
A solemn tune played between a harmonica and a guitar flowed through the crisp sea air as the Japanese freighter, Fiko-maru, sailed along its course. Every man on the ship was restless; some walked about, others laid around in the sun, a few were playing a board game, while still a number carried on with their duties. The dull day seemed to be going nowhere anytime soon, when, seemingly from nowhere, a deafening sound filled the air.

“What was that?!” one of the deck hands shouted as everyone ran to the sides of the ship to see if they could spot the source. For a few moments, the noise still roaring strong, nothing happened. Then, the sea began to boil and glow with a strange blue light. The crew stared in awe for a moment, before there was a flash of light and a sudden wave of scorching heat washed over them. Many of the men recoiled and shielded their eyes as they began to run below deck. The heat grew worse as an immense power surged out from the ocean, engulfing anyone still on deck and the ship in flame.

Two men in the ship’s radio room were desperately sending an SOS as the ship began to sink into the boiling sea, looks of utter horror and fear, but determination, etched into their faces. They had barely been able to get the SOS out, when the glass before them shattered, and boiling water came rushing into the room.

The ship had seen her final day at sea, as she and her crew were swallowed by the hellish waters…
As one who aspires to be an author, and an immense Godzilla fan, here is something I would love to do, and give to all of you. A novelization combining aspects of GOJIRA and GODZILLA: King of the Monsters. This will be a lengthy project, as I will have to watch both versions extensively to ensure that I can get every single meticulous detail correct, as well as drive home the horror of what Godzilla truly is. I hope that this will be a successful project, and any and all support would be appreciated. Except money. I don't want that. If you're gonna throw money somewhere, throw it at Gareth Edwards, Legendary and Toho. They're the ones who deserve it all!

I would love to hear feedback from everyone here. It would mean a lot to know what everyone thinks. Thank you!

All art courtesy of:
ThrillerZillaArt @ DeviantART
WoGZilla @ DeviantART
ArianaTheEchidna @ DeviantART

-UPDATE-
There will be three (3) versions of GOJIRA: The Novel. Each will contain key differences in what they contain:
FIRST EDITION will contain a prologue and overall perspective of the Japanese characters, among other things.
WORLD OF GODZILLA EDITION will contain a prologue and a few scenes written from the perspective of Godzilla himself, among other things.
The standard version will feature a prologue and perspective largely from that of Steve Martin's point of view.
Last edited by Devianteist on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Darth Nightmaricus wrote:About the Ghidorah riffing on Godzilla vs. Megalon.

Ghidorah: What the heck is wrong with this movie *pushes eject button on DVD player, pulls out disc with mouth, and then throws it out the window, then bashes the TV with his heads* IT'S TERRIBLE!
:muto:

Gojira21
Futurian

Re: GOJIRA: The Novel

Post by Gojira21 »

I would love to see this! This should be interesting to read. Is it going to be basically telling the same story? Or are you adding your own stuff to it?
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

Gojira21 wrote:I would love to see this! This should be interesting to read. Is it going to be basically telling the same story? Or are you adding your own stuff to it?
This will be telling a combination of GOJIRA and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, with minor edits here and there to make it more fluid and cohesive.

The overall story, characters and events will be the same. I am not worthy to corrupt this grand story anymore than is necessary to make it a good book.

The only major difference is that Gojira/Godzilla will be of the 2014 incarnation when I flesh out the details of the creature.

Ghidorah: What the heck is wrong with this movie *pushes eject button on DVD player, pulls out disc with mouth, and then throws it out the window, then bashes the TV with his heads* IT'S TERRIBLE!

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Devianteist wrote:
Gojira21 wrote:I would love to see this! This should be interesting to read. Is it going to be basically telling the same story? Or are you adding your own stuff to it?
This will be telling a combination of GOJIRA and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, with minor edits here and there to make it more fluid and cohesive.

The overall story, characters and events will be the same. I am not worthy to corrupt this grand story anymore than is necessary to make it a good book.

The only major difference is that Gojira/Godzilla will be of the 2014 incarnation when I flesh out the details of the creature.
If it ends up being really good, you should ask Toho if you can publish it to book stores.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

gzilla46 wrote: If it ends up being really good, you should ask Toho if you can publish it to book stores.
If that could ever happen, I would... Cry myself to death in happiness.

But thank you for that! That brings my motivation way up!

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

DAM! that art work is amazing.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

Yes, ThrillerZillaArt and WoGzilla are great artist. Be sure to check them out on DeviantART! There's more where that all comes from!

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Good lord, I'm hyped. :huge:

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

gerdzerl wrote:Good lord, I'm hyped. :huge:
SPREAD THE HYPE THEN. :D I'm in need of some more support.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Sorry if this a stupid question and I apologize in advance if it is, but where will we be able to read this story once it's finished? :eh:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Sounds cool. Looking forward to it.

However, that second artwork isn't the best. The title blends in too much with the background.

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

gerdzerl wrote:Sorry if this a stupid question and I apologize in advance if it is, but where will we be able to read this story once it's finished? :eh:
That is a good question and I'm glad you asked, because I have not yet thought of exactly where I will post it once it is finished.

It will definitely be the length of your average novel (65,000 words or more), no doubt about that. I will update the OP with that information as soon as it becomes avalible.

Until then, keep tabs on this thread and/or my DeviantART page for updates and other information as it comes out.

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

UltramanGoji wrote:Sounds cool. Looking forward to it.

However, that second artwork isn't the best. The title blends in too much with the background.
Yes, that is largely my fault, but I would like to politely divert your attention to the note below said artwork.
NOTE: A friend of mine is working on an improved aestic design for the title placed on these covers. I will update them once it is finished and applied.
The title will be made much more noticeable with that, as it will be the main attraction for the eye.
Last edited by Devianteist on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Devianteist wrote:

Yes, and I would like to politely divert your attention to the note below said artwork.
NOTE: A friend of mine is working on an improved aestic design for the title placed on these covers. I will update them once it is finished and applied.
The title will be made much more noticeable with that, as it will be the main attraction for the eye.
Whoops! Didn't see that. Thanks for clarifying.

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Devianteist wrote:

Yes, and I would like to politely divert your attention to the note below said artwork.
Whoops! Didn't see that. Thanks for clarifying.
You're quite alright. I can see how one could easily miss the note (seeing how tiny it is). You are very welcome. :)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ohoohoo! Much better covers!

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

UltramanGoji wrote:Ohoohoo! Much better covers!
And they've still got a little more tweaking to go before they're finished! :mrgreen:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Oh, wow! This sounds like one helluva project here. Honestly, I hope it goes through. :D The covers look boss as well! ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Im looking forward to this! And the art work is awesome!
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Do you think you could somehow incorporate an origin scene for Godzilla based off of this? Or no? http://astoundingbeyondbelief.tumblr.co ... -the-way-i