The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by Noble Saber »

I'll give Fallen Kingdom a rewatch tonight since I have the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray ( 8-) ). I only saw it once in theaters but my general thoughts on it are that Colin Trevorrow cannot write a believable story worth a damn but the dinosaurs are a breath of fresh air after Jurassic World. I wouldn't mind JA Bayona directing whatever Jurassic World 3 turns out to be.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

A look at the Orlando Universal Studio Theme Park Halloween Horror Nights 2002 event. Jurassic Park:PROJECT EVILUTION.

And probably the most bat guano crazy hybrid of PROJECT EVILUTION ,... the Grebnedu.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The One and Only wrote:A look at the Orlando Universal Studio Theme Park Halloween Horror Nights 2002 event. Jurassic Park:PROJECT EVILUTION.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?=CSn8kCTtrmc
And probably the most bat guano crazy hybrid of PROJECT EVILUTION ,... the Grebnedu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IQCQnlBfpM

Wow. the Grebnedu sure is something else alright. Might be one of the weirdest things to come out of this franchise.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

2004Zilla wrote:I'll give Fallen Kingdom a rewatch tonight since I have the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray ( 8-) ). I only saw it once in theaters but my general thoughts on it are that Colin Trevorrow cannot write a believable story worth a damn but the dinosaurs are a breath of fresh air after Jurassic World. I wouldn't mind JA Bayona directing whatever Jurassic World 3 turns out to be.
Bayona wanted a more grounded and artsy movie, but Colin and Universal wanted a bombastic movie. The result was a VERY compromised movie that had no idea what it wanted to be be an incoherent mess. It really has surpassed JP3 as being the worst in the franchise.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:I'll give Fallen Kingdom a rewatch tonight since I have the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray ( 8-) ). I only saw it once in theaters but my general thoughts on it are that Colin Trevorrow cannot write a believable story worth a damn but the dinosaurs are a breath of fresh air after Jurassic World. I wouldn't mind JA Bayona directing whatever Jurassic World 3 turns out to be.
Bayona wanted a more grounded and artsy movie, but Colin and Universal wanted a bombastic movie. The result was a VERY compromised movie that had no idea what it wanted to be be an incoherent mess. It really has surpassed JP3 as being the worst in the franchise.
Not sure about worst of franchise until I rewatch it, but Colin and Bayona's different ideas defiantly hurt it. For example, Colin says the heart of the movie is the ethics debate around Maisie and the dinosaurs while Bayona says it's Blue and Owen's relationship

RIP Evan.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Oooh my turn to rate he movies!!

#1 Jurassic Park.
#2 Fallen Kingdom
#3 Jurassic Park 3
#4 The Lost World
#5 Jurassic World
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

1. The Lost World
2. Jurassic World
3. Jurassic Park/Fallen Kingdom
4. JP3
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World
3. Jurassic World
4. JP3
5. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

1. The Lost World
2. Jurassic Park
3. Fallen Kingdom
4. Jurassic World
5. JP3

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Just finished a rewatch of the series.

here's my rankings

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. Jurassic World
5. Jurassic Park 3

Honestly surprised how much JW dropped and FK rose.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

1) The Lost World
2) Jurassic Park
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
3. Jurassic World
4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
5. Jurassic Park III
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

My current ranking:
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
Jurassic World
The Lost World

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

My ranking then:
Jurassic Park
Jurassic World
The Lost World
Jurassic Park III
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Not sure on those last two, they might be tied for last.
And I've enjoyed them all.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

The One and Only
Futurian

It seems like Spielberg and company have always kept going back to some more extreme hybrids, and sci-fi with Jurassic Park From Joe Johnson's dinosaur, human hybrids. To the Chaos Effect toyline. To even a recently uncovered Dreamworks animated, prime time series set to follow up THE LOST WORLD:Jurassic Park.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

The One and Only wrote:It seems like Spielberg and company have always kept going back to some more extreme hybrids, and sci-fi with Jurassic Park From Joe Johnson's dinosaur, human hybrids. To the Chaos Effect toyline. To even a recently uncovered Dreamworks animated, prime time series set to follow up THE LOST WORLD:Jurassic Park.
https://www.youtube.com/com/watch?v=0Cft90TmRmw

That's funny, because I've always heard that Spielberg was the one who always kept on preventing the franchise from getting larger then it really should be.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

A video look at JP 4, JURASSIC WORLD'S original Big Bad before Colin Trevorrow came along. The Malusaurus.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Has anyone managed to see the new short yet?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Apparently it got delayed, so nobody is going to be seeing it yet. But in other rumored news:

Obviously this franchise has a long history of canning planned TV series, so no need to get excited yet, but... yeah, I'm certainly interested. I do wonder what the series would be about, though. Maybe just some kind of miniseries dealing with the immediate aftermath of FK? There's potential, there.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Jurassic Park
Jurassic World

That's it :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting