The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

The Jurassic Park/World Series

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

What are your thoughts on each movie of the trilogy?
Jurassic Park:I grew up watching this movie and i love it to death,everything about it is great.
The Lost World:My favorite of the entire trilogy.Everything is better,the special effects,the acting,story.
Jurassic Park III:To be honest,its my least favorite of the trilogy.The only thing i dig about the movie is Spinosaurus.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
"You're trespassing in my reality. Ask permission next time."

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Jurassic Park Trilogy

Post by KaijuSapian »

Jurassic Park... a pretty spectacular movie. One of my childhood favorites!
Jurassic Park: Lost World... not as good but still pretty enjoyable. If anything was better here, it was the interaction the characters had with the dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park III... definitely fell short. Still enjoyable, but could have been so much better. Then again, there are movie trilogies where the third would be far far worse. JP III isn't all terrible, but it's sad to see how far the apple fell from the tree.
Legion1979 wrote:Giant monsters can do anything they want to.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Jurassic park - The Peak of CGI in my opinion. The scene where the T-Rex break's out of the padlock has to be the most realistic CGI ever done. The Cast was Solid an the story was great... Had a lot of great thrills like the T-Rex car chase scene an the Raptor's attacking. The ending had a great Climax with the T-Rex roar... My personal favorite of the Franchise.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - A very under-rated Sequel, The movie was very well shot.. Character Development lacked a little an it seemed rushed to please audiences but over-all i thought the movie was awesome. The 2 T-Rex's coming out behind Eddies Car an ripping him in half is an epic scene alone. The Raptors in the Long Grass was Beautifully shot. I love Jeff Goldblum in this movie, an when the T-Rex was in San Diago it was so Amazingly done i could hardly tell when it went from CGI to Animatronic. The only scene that i thought sucked was when the black girl kicked the Raptor from the Window.. ''Stupid'' otherwise a great sequel.

Jurassic park 3 - The only film in the franchise i can not watch. I do think Spinosaurus was a cool addition to franchise an i love Sam Neil as an actor but the rest of the cast blew. The Kid again surviving 8 weeks on the most dangerous island in the world was crap. The several family moment's that took place were cringe worthy...The new Raptor designs weren't as cool as the old no matter how much more realistic. The Talking Raptor scene's were ridiculous, An there was more CGI in this film then the previous 2 an it wasn't as well constructed sorry an where was the ''Climax?''. Replacing the Tyrannosaurus Rex was pointless... Why remove 1 threat when you can have 2. It was rushed, the script was crappy, weakest of the entire Trilogy.

Jurassic park 4 - Set to start after Joe Johnston (Director of the 3rd installment) finishes Captain America in 2011. He confirmed several times in early 2010 an the Dinosaur's will no longer be on the Island an not to mention will be a start of an entire new trilogy.

My opinions bring back Tyrannosaurus Rex an Diliposaurus? from the 1st film, Bring back Sam Neil, Jeff Goldblum, an Laura Dern, an im sure it will be in 3D.. An get Jack Horner off the Franchise an bring in Dinosaur George.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Well if they do make another Jurassic Park film, I hope we finally get some decent Triceratops screen time. The makers of these films seemed to despise him. In the first one he was sick and did nothing. The second one they showed him for all of 7 seconds. And the third one they only mentioned him. :evil:
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Jurassic park - The Peak of CGI in my opinion. The scene where the T-Rex break's out of the padlock has to be the most realistic CGI ever done. The Cast was Solid an the story was great... Had a lot of great thrills like the T-Rex car chase scene an the Raptor's attacking. The ending had a great Climax with the T-Rex roar... My personal favorite of the Franchise.
I think one of the aspects which makes the first so spectacular was how it blended CGI with practical anamatronics. I wish more movies would take this route.
Jurassic park 4 - Set to start after Joe Johnston (Director of the 3rd installment) finishes Captain America in 2011. He confirmed several times in early 2010 an the Dinosaur's will no longer be on the Island an not to mention will be a start of an entire new trilogy.
What's this? I read that the plan for making a new Jurassic Park was scrapped after Micheal Crichton's death. Did the plan reemerge somehow?
Legion1979 wrote:Giant monsters can do anything they want to.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

@ KaijuSapian

It was scrapped in 2008 due to Michal Crichton's death but you can never keep a money maker in Hollywood down. So in November 2009 Joe Johnston said there was hope for a Jurassic park in the future. Then in January 2010 Joe Johnston Confirmed there will be a Jurassic park 4 an that he would helm the film an produce it with Steven Spielberg after he finishes Captain America in 2011.

The in the same interview an also in February 2010 Joe Johnston said that the forth would be a start of an entire New Trilogy an take Jurassic park to a place no one has ever seen. He also said they Dinosaur's will be off the Island because it was hard enough to get them to go back the 2nd and 3rd time.
So it will happen but if it's any good is anyone's guess.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

The first two movies are great. The third is not-so-great, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

alienhulk2099 wrote:Am I the only one here that liked Jurassic Park 3?
Nah, I loved the hell out of it.

But the original was still the best.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

alienhulk2099 wrote:Am I the only one here that liked Jurassic Park 3?
I like it,but if i had to put all them movies in order of my favorite to least favorite JPIII would be at the bottem.The only thing i want from the next movie is another apperence by Spinosaurus.I freakin love Spino.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

None are really good movies. All have fairly flat characters (with the exception of Ian Malcomm) and simplistic plots, however the whole series is an amazingly fun time. Theres no doubt the impact series ahd on pop culture.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

The Michael Critchon books blow all three movies out the water.

The first Jurassic Park is fun, the Lost World is fun, and JPIII is okay. So many haters blow these things outta proportion. These were never great movies, but they're enjoyable nonetheless. Fun movies are fun.

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

[quote="Arrow"]So many haters blow these things outta proportion.quote]
I so agree with that,an example being the part in JPIII were Spino kills a Rex.Ever since it came out its been such a heavily debated thing.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

The only thing that can make me hate this idea is if the rumors i heard that they were gonna have someone make "Raptor Soilders" are true... Then i will hunt these people down and eat their children...

ok maybe not that far... but i will... uh... slap their wrists...yea, that sounds good
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

EleKaiju
GPN Volunteer

Post by EleKaiju »

Jurassic Park is overall a great series, my favorite being JP 2. Sure, 3 wasn't perfect, but it's still rare that you get an overall nice trilogy.
"rofl rofl not to diss but that is varans cousin, totally looks like varan with some diffs but that is varans cousin. dang."

derp

Zillaowner
G-Grasper

Post by Zillaowner »

The only thing I hated abou JP3 was Spino killing the T-Rex like that.
Shadow Arena

Wins: 13 Loses: 8 OHKO: 3

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

Tyler wrote:
Zillaowner wrote:The only thing I hated abou JP3 was Spino killing the T-Rex like that.
I didn't like that either. :mad:
Oh get over it.Spino killed Rexy,big deal.:P

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Tyler wrote:
Zillaowner wrote:The only thing I hated abou JP3 was Spino killing the T-Rex like that.
I didn't like that either. :mad:
Same here. I know they were trying to show off just how badass the Spino was, but killing off one of the main antagonist of the series was kinda off-putting.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

That's what happens when you let a jackass named Jack Horner have to much imput in a Jurassic park movie.

I wouldn't have minded so much had they done it a little more realistically. Like have it be a much younger T-Rex going after the people by the water Spinosaurus then comes out grabs the T-Rex an pull it in the water to Drown it. An since the film had no Climax at the very end have Spinosaurus chasing the people an then the 2 adult T-Rex's come out, see the dead baby an rip Spino apart. That would have been great.

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

Spinosaurus would beat the shit out of a T-Rex anyday,adult or otherwise.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

DrKaiju1954 wrote:Spinosaurus would beat the shit out of a T-Rex anyday,adult or otherwise.
Except that Spinosaurus was a fish-eater and would've had his neck broken by a single bite from a Tyrannosaurus.