The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I guess I must be in the minority that really enjoyed Fallen Kingdom and to where it's sequel may lead.

Sure the movie def has it's fair share of flaws. But i'm most interested in seeing how the Dinosaur's already sold at the auction are used, possibly in other parks, military, terrorist attacks. As well as how smaller predators such as Blue, Carnotosaurus, Allosaurus, Baryonyx have a huge effect on the ecosystem.
Plus there were a lot of Eggs of other species of Dinosaur's and DNA and Dr Henry Wu took during the evacuation even Dilophosaurus was in there.

They also took way more then 11 species off that Island, as for the young girl being a clone.. That's the weakest story line I could care for.. Actually that's the only thing I really did not care for In Fallen Kingdom. (I didn't hate it but lets see how it plays out)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Terrorist attacks... I hadn't considered that possible use of cloned dinosaurs. I really, badly want to see that happen, now. I'd say a dinosaur rampage in a heavily populated area is a given in JW3, though, regardless of how it's caused.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/12/14 ... ng-cities/

Well... that buildup to the worst case scenario Fallen Kingdom has seems rather pointless now.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Oh, thank God. City wrecking Asylum-saurs are what I was most afraid of. Glad Trevarow has enough sense to avoid that.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Agreed, Trevorrow's idea for what this movie will be like sounds refreshingly down to Earth and believable, with the dinosaurs being treated like actual animals instead of blood-crazed demons.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I still don't get how this next movie is going to explain how the dinosaurs that escaped in the U.S.A. don't get wiped out by the National Guard and SWAT. Throw is every backwoodsman, hillbilly, and redneck armed with high powered rifles and the dinosaurs would get wiped out within 1-3 months.

And need I point out how many animal species mankind has driven to extinction? And most of them, we did so without even trying!

https://www.seeker.com/humans-caused-32 ... 50883.html

SoggyNoodles2016

I think the problem is more 40% "Dinosaurs are loose on the mainland" and 60% "the technology to make these animals and any other things we want is now in the hands of anyone who wants it, instead of stuck on an island" than a 100% dinosaur on loose problem. .

Added in 3 minutes 1 second:
and remember, life finds a way. nothing can definitely say we can control the problem.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Anything realistic from the Jurassic park series died in Jurassic park 3, and only further dwindled with the creation of the I-Rex and Indo-Raptor and introducing Maisie... So at this point I am just expecting an entertaining film.

What they need to do is a time jump and explain how the released Dinosaur's were not killed or captured not to mention how the 15 or 20 Dinosaur's released cause so much trouble.
Had Sorna's entire population been released then it's a bit more understandable, as with the Spino, Rex family, Different Raptor packs and other predators would be a huge threat there are not that many predators from Nublar to pose a serious problem nor can they breed. Unless they pull a Godzilla 1998 and say they can reproduce asexually all of the sudden.

I enjoyed Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom for what they are and will be watching the 3rd installment regardless.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How would you feel if the next film dealt with a Dinosaur-human virus epidemic kinda of like the bird-flu?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

LegendZilla wrote:How would you feel if the next film dealt with a Dinosaur-human virus epidemic kinda of like the bird-flu?
hate it. would feel like a stupid attempt to explain why humans are dying and would basically be yhe final push to turn Jurassic World into big budget Carnosaur movies.

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:How would you feel if the next film dealt with a Dinosaur-human virus epidemic kinda of like the bird-flu?
hate it. would feel like a stupid attempt to explain why humans are dying and would basically be yhe final push to turn Jurassic World into big budget Carnosaur movies.
Then I cannot comprehend what would satisfy you with this franchise

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Speaking of Carnosaur. A remake needs to be made and more faithful to the novel.

Skreeonk get a Dino Crisis movie done while you're at it please.

SoggyNoodles2016

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

What would satisfy me? Gee, I don't know, maybe keeping to the orginal film's tone of a science thriller with animals, instead of trying to force this series into shitty b-movie plots? Like, why? Why do we need to turn this into Dawn of The Planet of The Dinosaurs? What point could that possibly do for this franchise?

:facepalm:

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: hate it. would feel like a stupid attempt to explain why humans are dying and would basically be yhe final push to turn Jurassic World into big budget Carnosaur movies.

What would satisfy me? Gee, I don't know, maybe keeping to the orginal film's tone of a science thriller with animals, instead of trying to force this series into shitty b-movie plots? Like, why? Why do we need to turn this into Dawn of The Planet of The Dinosaurs? What point could that possibly do for this franchise?

What would you do for a plot?

SoggyNoodles2016

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

What would you do for a plot?
Off the top of my head?

The film takes place 2-3 years post Fallen Kingdom. Dinosaur-human interactions have not gotten better, especially as more and more cloned animals escape from newly set up third party facilities. It has reached a point that no one is even sure what the orginal species that escaped Lockwood Manor were. Amid debates of relocation to Sorna and complete annihilation, a controversial new plan is suggested. This plan is for the creation of officialy sancitoned "Judas" organisms, dinosaurs bred aggresive and territorial enough to drive out the other species but sterile to prevent them from simply taking the place of the orginal species. This plan is argued against vehemnetly by the DPG, who consider it inhumane. Still, the plan comes forth but with a hitch: to complete it, the orginal embyos have to be recreated. And there is one indvidual in the world who knows that.

Doctor Henry Wu.

The rest is sketchy, but to be brief,

-Claire and Owen end up on some research faciltiy of Wu's, where they argue ethics.
- Maisie and her cloneage would be important, both in debates and in story.
- Wu would die and the gene tech would be destoryed, effectively ending Jurassic Park and it's lineage.
- Blue would be important, maybe introduce a new pack of Judas raptors she joins?
- Judas vs OG dinosaurs. Judas's of course turn out to be worse then expected.
- Some ending for the dinosaurs, though definitely not a kill em all .

So, in short, a final conclusion that harkens to the orginal while not going over the top with mad science and DNA.

that fucking do anything for ya?

RIP Evan.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I think the problem is more 40% "Dinosaurs are loose on the mainland" and 60% "the technology to make these animals and any other things we want is now in the hands of anyone who wants it, instead of stuck on an island" than a 100% dinosaur on loose problem. .

and remember, life finds a way. nothing can definitely say we can control the problem.
That would only work is places like Africa, South America, and the Asian island nations, but not in fully developed countries like the U.S.A., Europe, Russia, and China. Any scientist who would dare try would be arrested or taken out via drone strike via 'biological warfare/terrorism charges'.

And the link I posted in my last post here proves your added point wrong.

SoggyNoodles2016

Rhedosaurus wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I think the problem is more 40% "Dinosaurs are loose on the mainland" and 60% "the technology to make these animals and any other things we want is now in the hands of anyone who wants it, instead of stuck on an island" than a 100% dinosaur on loose problem. .

That would only work is places like Africa, South America, and the Asian island nations, but not in fully developed countries like the U.S.A., Europe, Russia, and China. Any scientist who would dare try would be arrested or taken out via drone strike via 'biological warfare/terrorism charges'.

I mean, if you're doing illegal genetic research, you obviously do it somewhere else but that's not to say it wouldn't happen. Many crimes are illegal and still go on.

As for poaching, again, it's true but most of the species that went extinct were longterm extinctions that took a while, not a couple of years.

Also, the main point for me is.....it's a movie. As illogical as it may be, we kind of have to have the dinosaurs alive.

Still, you brought up some great points. I'd love to see if they get brought up in Jurassic World 3.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Considering the unholy amount of money to be potentially made from the sale of cloned dinosaurs, I don't think it's hard to believe that facilities in the developed world would be doing just that. All you'd have to do is pay a few people off here and there, get 'em to look the other way.

But in any case, the auction attendees were from all over the world, including Russia and probably China. There'll be cloning going on worldwide.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I mean, if you're doing illegal genetic research, you obviously do it somewhere else but that's not to say it wouldn't happen. Many crimes are illegal and still go on.

As for poaching, again, it's true but most of the species that went extinct were longterm extinctions that took a while, not a couple of years.

Also, the main point for me is.....it's a movie. As illogical as it may be, we kind of have to have the dinosaurs alive.

Still, you brought up some great points. I'd love to see if they get brought up in Jurassic World 3.
Except most of those extinctions took place WITHOUT semi-automatic guns, rocket launchers, helicopters, etc. Not only that but the JP franchise was grounded in reality and common sense far more then most blockbusters were. I'm one of those people who still hold it to that standard. And I'm sorry, this whole new bombastic tone that takes away all of that was not what JP was about.

By wiping out the dinosaurs, it would show just how destructive man really is. Besides, and this is the sad truth, with the exception of Rex and the T. rex as species, (Rexy would die of old age in my world) all the dinosaurs are nowhere near as famous or iconic as Godzilla.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Anything realistic from the Jurassic park series died in Jurassic park 3, and only further dwindled with the creation of the I-Rex and Indo-Raptor and introducing Maisie...
Honest to god question: how is Maisie unrealistic? Human cloning is a million times more plausible than cloning a long extinct Mesozoic animal, and given cloning technology exists in this universe it was only a matter of time before they addressed the possibilities.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.