The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-4)

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

JAGzilla wrote:So they're.... blowing up Isla Nublar and burning/drowning most of its dinosaurs. -50/10, worse than GINO, would never see.

Okay, so I'll see it. But my inner five-year-old is crying again, and not with tears of joy this time. :(
Well in the original book, there IS an active volcano on the island and they do end up dropping nape on all of the dinosaurs apart from the rogue mega velociraptor pack, so this isn't new to the JP series.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

The best part of all this is seeing that, after years of being neglected in the main film series, Allo, Bary and Carno are finally showing up!

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Dino-Mario wrote:The best part of all this is seeing that, after years of being neglected in the main film series, Allo, Bary and Carno are finally showing up!
Allo's unconfirmed.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

I've looked over some artwork and the blue dinosaur chasing the Gallimimus. I'm fairly confident that it's a Metriacanthosaurus.

The snout is fairly long but it would be flatter if it was a Suchomimus. It also has some small ridges on it's forehead that the Metriacanthosaurus has.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Dino-Mario wrote:The best part of all this is seeing that, after years of being neglected in the main film series, Allo, Bary and Carno are finally showing up!
Hell yeah, I lost my shit when I saw that Allosaurus :D

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

Honestly found the trailer to be pretty bad though i did like Jeff Goldblums appearance

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Spoiler:
According to Trevorrow the scenes from the trailer are all from the first 57 minutes of the film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

So, it appears that the
Spoiler:
Blue dinosaur is allosaurus, and the orange dinosaur is stygimoloch.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Spoiler:
According to Trevorrow the scenes from the trailer are all from the first 57 minutes of the film.
OH?

That boosts my interest in the movie a TON. :D

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

The final 63+ minutes probably take place in Lockwood Manor, with people being stalked by the Indoraptor.

Probably giving off bad vibes from the baby Godzillas in Godzilla 98.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:The final 63+ minutes probably take place in Lockwood Manor, with people being stalked by the Indoraptor.

Probably giving off bad vibes from the baby Godzillas in Godzilla 98.
Is it one Indoraptor or multiple?
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:So they're.... blowing up Isla Nublar and burning/drowning most of its dinosaurs. -50/10, worse than GINO, would never see.

Okay, so I'll see it. But my inner five-year-old is crying again, and not with tears of joy this time. :(
Well in the original book, there IS an active volcano on the island and they do end up dropping nape on all of the dinosaurs apart from the rogue mega velociraptor pack, so this isn't new to the JP series.
I never liked that part of the book, either. :(

Slightly more seriously, though, getting killed by volcanoes is one of those classic things that dinosaurs do, so it's kind of cool seeing it brought into the JP series. Just give me my Rexy vs. Triceratops scene, and we're golden.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorite films, top 5 easily. I thought Jurassic World was the first sequel that truly lived up to, honored, and revitalized the legacy.

I'm glad Goldblum is back even if it is for just one(hopefully interesting) scene. I hope his dialogue in that scene is as reflected in the trailer, something that has a lot of weight and meaning towards the overall theme of the film.

Polling the forum here: Do you guys think that this film will more or less continue to ignore the 2nd and 3rd films? Jurassic World essentially gave no mention or lip service to the events of those films. It is hard to believe the concept of getting a fully running Jurassic World going after THREE dangerous dinosaur incidents.

On top of the Goldblum cameo, there are now rumors of a Sam Neill cameo. If we continue to get 'lots of cameos and references to original film and original events, no mention of 2nd or 3rd films or those events', then we would pretty much have to consider them as close to 'officially ret-conned' as possible.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Chrispy_G wrote:Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorite films, top 5 easily. I thought Jurassic World was the first sequel that truly lived up to, honored, and revitalized the legacy.

I'm glad Goldblum is back even if it is for just one(hopefully interesting) scene. I hope his dialogue in that scene is as reflected in the trailer, something that has a lot of weight and meaning towards the overall theme of the film.

Polling the forum here: Do you guys think that this film will more or less continue to ignore the 2nd and 3rd films? Jurassic World essentially gave no mention or lip service to the events of those films. It is hard to believe the concept of getting a fully running Jurassic World going after THREE dangerous dinosaur incidents.

On top of the Goldblum cameo, there are now rumors of a Sam Neill cameo. If we continue to get 'lots of cameos and references to original film and original events, no mention of 2nd or 3rd films or those events', then we would pretty much have to consider them as close to 'officially ret-conned' as possible.
The sequels are still in canon, as said by the studio, writer, and director. They even said that the lost world will be mentioned in Fallen Kingdom. Neil getting a cameo just seems like a natural rumor because of Goldblum appearing

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzillian wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorite films, top 5 easily. I thought Jurassic World was the first sequel that truly lived up to, honored, and revitalized the legacy.

The sequels are still in canon, as said by the studio, writer, and director. They even said that the lost world will be mentioned in Fallen Kingdom. Neil getting a cameo just seems like a natural rumor because of Goldblum appearing
I don't think it's very likely that they'll include anything that requires the audience to remember full, specific incidents from the interim sequels. It would be absurd to assume that the general audience remembers them that clearly.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'm expecting a reference to Sorna being the extent of any TLW/JP3 connection. I could be wrong of course. Rumors are that both Grant and Ellie making appearances of some sort but if such was the case it would have to be added footage because why announce Malcom's return but not theirs?
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

eabaker wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

I don't think it's very likely that they'll include anything that requires the audience to remember full, specific incidents from the interim sequels. It would be absurd to assume that the general audience remembers them that clearly.
I expect TLW will be referenced in passing, probably by Malcolm. There is no reason for them to go further then that

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Jurassic World Trailer #2!

Blue vs Indo-Raptor!!!

This is SO much better then the first trailer!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Jurassic World Trailer #2!

Blue vs Indo-Raptor!!!

[]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NooW_RbfdWI[/]
I hear some pretty major surprises are spoiled in this trailer, so I'm gonna shy away from it. But nice to hear much more positive reactions compared to the lackluster initial trailer.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Jurassic World Trailer #2!

Blue vs Indo-Raptor!!!

Yeah, this is gonna be intense. Much better than the first trailer. The first scene with the Indo-Rapter reminded me so much of the Lost World camp scene.

#BotM