The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-4)

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Underworld54 wrote: -They have a title but can't reveal it yet
If it's not called "The Lost Park: Jurassic World" and not going to have Jeff Goldblum, I'll be disappointed.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

g2vd wrote:
eabaker wrote:If the next one isn't going to go further into the realm of body horror, or employ some more abstract, experimental or philosophical approach, then I just can't see any reason to care.

:)
In my experience, film snobs are almost vicious in their derision of Jurassic Park, so the idea that it deserves a better class of sequel would be almost incomprehensible to them.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

What!? I barely know of anyone who doesn't act like the original is one of the most amazing films ever. Personally I think it's extremely overrated and honestly don't really care for it much anymore. I haven't for years.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

eabaker wrote:
g2vd wrote:
eabaker wrote:If the next one isn't going to go further into the realm of body horror, or employ some more abstract, experimental or philosophical approach, then I just can't see any reason to care.

:)
In my experience, film snobs are almost vicious in their derision of Jurassic Park, so the idea that it deserves a better class of sequel would be almost incomprehensible to them.
WAT?....DO..Do you mean to tell me that there are people that do not like the original Jurassic Park and downright hate it?!....

Have you a Soul?!

HAVE YOU A SOUL??!!!
Godzilla

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:What!? I barely know of anyone who doesn't act like the original is one of the most amazing films ever. Personally I think it's extremely overrated and honestly don't really care for it much anymore. I haven't for years.
Same. Loved it as a kid, but after reading the novel it changed the way I look at the movie. It could have been so much better.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yeah I don't have anything against it in particular and it still holds a lot of nostalgic value for me. Its what got me interested in special effects and introduced me to Stan Winston and Ariana Richards so it definitely holds some value for me. Still I even prefer The Lost World and Jurassic World to the original. JP3 still sucks though. :)
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I don't really care if JW2 adds feathered dinosaurs or not, but can we please just have fairly decent-looking herbivores? The Apatosaurus looks like hot garbage.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

TyrantGojira wrote:http://collider.com/jurassic-world-2-st ... ja-bayona/

Update for the Jurassic World Sequel.

Colin is ''saying'' all the right things to catch my interest, Also hope it has the darker tone like The Lost World. Hopefully he'll live up to his word... I have a lot of faith in the new director.. He seems very good has much more experience then Colin did before handling Jurassic World. Really looking forward to what comes with this...

Just please don't take place on either island.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Plus Bayona is a horror/thriller director so I am very curious to see what he brings to the table.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Underworld54 wrote:These are the main points from that podcast interview with Mr. Colin "I'm not Gareth Edwards hiding shit" Trevorrow:
He pointed out many interesting things for the sequel.

-No militarized dinosaurs
-JW2 will be scarier and more intense
-The script calls for animatronics (The new director likes using them)
-They have a title but can't reveal it yet
-It'll feature extinct dinosaurs the series hasn't seen yet
-Colin was mum on whether we'd see feathered dinosaurs
This actually just makes me look forward to the sequel... Maybe there's hope yet.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

-It'll feature extinct dinosaurs the series hasn't seen yet
Come on Allosaurus!
Godzilla

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

So I've compiled a list of all the dinosaurs that have been a part of the movie continuity.

Seen in the films:
Velociraptor "nublarensis"
Brachiosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Compsognathus
Stegosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Mamenchisaurus
Pacycephalosaurus
Spinosaurus
Velociraptor "sorneaensis"
Corythosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Pteranodon
Dimorphodon
Mosasaurus
Indominus rex

Implied/Alluded to:
Metricanthosaurus (labeled on a DNA vial and shown on Jurassic World website)
Suchomimus (Mentioned in JP III and shown on Jurassic World website)
Baryonyx (Mentioned in JP III and shown on Jurassic World website)
Edmontosaurus (Shown on Jurassic World website)
Microceratus (Shown on Jurassic World website)

Status questionable (Shown in Jurassic Park: The Game which is most likely noncanon)
Herrerasaurus
Troodon (Most likely on this list to be noncanon)
Segisaurus
Proceratosaurus

Personally, I hope the sequel's carnivores include the ones that were never shown on screen but are clearly part of the dinosaurs present in Jurassic Park/World. I also have to admit, it's pretty surprising we haven't seen Allosaurus in the films yet, given its popularity.

And on another note: Please have more ceratopsians! It's admittedly rather boring to see the same old Triceratops over and over again.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Allosaurus has probably been kept away due to it's resemblance to T. rex.

I know fossil nerds will probably berate me for saying that, but the general audience really doesn't know the differences.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

UltramanGoji wrote:Allosaurus has probably been kept away due to it's resemblance to T. rex.

I know fossil nerds will probably berate me for saying that, but the general audience really doesn't know the differences.
The general audience honestly thinks unrecognizable arthropods are dinosaurs.

I wish I were joking. I wish I were exaggerating. I'm not. I have actually had people look at a picture of a larval dragonfly and call it a dinosaur.

Nothing - and I mean NOTHING - about the general public's ignorance will surprise me anymore. :facepalm:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

2004Zilla wrote:So I've compiled a list of all the dinosaurs that have been a part of the movie continuity.

Seen in the films:
Velociraptor "nublarensis"
Brachiosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Compsognathus
Stegosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Mamenchisaurus
Pacycephalosaurus
Spinosaurus
Velociraptor "sorneaensis"
Corythosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Pteranodon
Dimorphodon
Mosasaurus
Indominus rex

Implied/Alluded to:
Metricanthosaurus (labeled on a DNA vial and shown on Jurassic World website)
Suchomimus (Mentioned in JP III and shown on Jurassic World website)
Baryonyx (Mentioned in JP III and shown on Jurassic World website)
Edmontosaurus (Shown on Jurassic World website)
Microceratus (Shown on Jurassic World website)

Status questionable (Shown in Jurassic Park: The Game which is most likely noncanon)
Herrerasaurus
Troodon (Most likely on this list to be noncanon)
Segisaurus
Proceratosaurus

Personally, I hope the sequel's carnivores include the ones that were never shown on screen but are clearly part of the dinosaurs present in Jurassic Park/World. I also have to admit, it's pretty surprising we haven't seen Allosaurus in the films yet, given its popularity.

And on another note: Please have more ceratopsians! It's admittedly rather boring to see the same old Triceratops over and over again.
I believe Proceratosaurus is canon. Yep just checked. Herrerasaurus is canon too. Both are apparently mentioned or teased in the original film on signs and maps and such.

Added in 4 minutes 30 seconds:
Segisaurus is canon too.

From the Jurassic franchise wiki
Proceratosaurus- does not appear in the film, but its name is seen on an embryo cooler.[16]
Segisaurus- is listed in the Jurassic Park brochure,[17] but it does not appear in the films or novels.
Herrerasaurus- is listed in the Jurassic Park brochure,[17] but does not appear in the films or novels.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I wouldn't mind seeing some Carnotauruses. Bigger than a Raptor, smaller than a Rex, a good middle ground to be both large and imposing (compared to a human) and still have the fright factor of the Raptors.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

PRIMEVAL wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing some Carnotauruses. Bigger than a Raptor, smaller than a Rex, a good middle ground to be both large and imposing (compared to a human) and still have the fright factor of the Raptors.
YES. THANK YOU.
Carnotaurus are awesome. The speed factor from carnotaurs would be great for chase scenes, and if that doesn't work out they could always go the novel route with camouflage.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

I would love to see Carnotaurus in a JP/JW movie. Considering they want to make this next movie scarier than its predecessor, its size and camo ability would fit right in.

In related news, http://www.slashfilm.com/new-jurassic-w ... character/

"The Jurassic Park fan site Jurassic Outpost (via MovieWeb) found out about a new casting call making the rounds for a character named Lucy, and producers very specifically want her to be 9 years old. Here’s what the casting call says:"
“She is a young girl around 9 years of age. The girl playing “Lucy” must be at least 9 years of age by February 2017, but cannot be over 10 years old. She must be a sensitive and clever actress capable of handling long and complex scenes. Lucy must be able to handle a range of emotions from tender moments with her father, to anxiety, bravery, and shock.”
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Similar looking to T-rex or not (which it really isn't), I hope they have an Allosaurus in JW2. Some actual good looking herbivores would be nice as well.

#BotM

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

First Jurassic World 2 casting announcements including Captain America/The Mist's Toby Jones. I'm all up for him he usually plays a mad scientist type anyway.

http://jurassicoutpost.com/toby-jones-r ... c-world-2/

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news ... rafe-spall