The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-4)

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Spoiler:
I still can't fathom why those mercenary guys would decide to look for the Indominus skeleton at night, while it was storming. I mean weren't they on the island for a while doing whatever? Surely they made it to the island during the day and someone looked in the Mosasuar's pen.
I have an entire rant devoted to that scene haha
Spoiler:
The opening scene would've been amazing if the characters in it were not so brain dead.

Is the island under guard somehow? I don't remember them saying so, so why do this mission at night in a rainstorm when you know there are dangerous predators that live on the island and likely hunt at night?

How is the Mosasaur even still alive?

One of the men in the submersible says it probably starved to death, and I'd be inclined to agree if it's three years (or even a year) after Jurassic World.

But for safety's sake on both counts of land and water predators, would't you go there during the daytime? Or, if you have to go at night, at least do some recon beforehand so you can determine if the Mosasaur is actually dead?

Like, before sending people in there? It's fucking enormous, it's not like it can hide. You can keep watch for the land predators much easier in daylight as opposed to a nighttime rainstorm. if not, figure out a way to wirelessly hack the gate controls from 50 feet up, safe from a T. Rex.

Also how does the Mosasaur even get out? How do the men in the submersible get in? To/from the ocean? The Mosasaur's lagoon is NOT connected to the ocean.

I'm not bullshitting, google Jurassic World Map and see for yourself. That's a massive continuity error for the sake of an action sequence.

Why can the guys in the helicopter not communicate with the guy on the ground through his headset?

Wouldn't they make sure to be able to communicate when going to this island without having to shout to each other? Because that's a very bad idea! (Jurassic Park 3 bullhorn anyone?)

The scene was effectively shot and did succeed in making Rexy scary again, but applying any critical thinking to the way it's written (which I did in the theater after the scene was over, I'm a writer so sue me) makes it a lot less effective
Some of my friends who liked it dislike talking about it with me :lol:
Last edited by Huan_of_Valinor on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Spoiler:
I still can't fathom why those mercenary guys would decide to look for the Indominus skeleton at night, while it was storming. I mean weren't they on the island for a while doing whatever? Surely they made it to the island during the day and someone looked in the Mosasuar's pen.
I have an entire rant devoted to that scene haha
Spoiler:
The opening scene would've been amazing if the characters in it were not so brain dead.

Is the island under guard somehow? I don't remember them saying so, so why do this mission at night in a rainstorm when you know there are dangerous predators that live on the island and likely hunt at night?

How is the Mosasaur even still alive?

One of the men in the submersible says it probably starved to death, and I'd be inclined to agree if it's three years (or even a year) after Jurassic World.

But for safety's sake on both counts of land and water predators, would't you go there during the daytime? Or, if you have to go at night, at least do some recon beforehand so you can determine if the Mosasaur is actually dead?

Like, before sending people in there? It's skreeonking enormous, it's not like it can hide. You can keep watch for the land predators much easier in daylight as opposed to a nighttime rainstorm. if not, figure out a way to wirelessly hack the gate controls from 50 feet up, safe from a T. Rex.

Also how does the Mosasaur even get out? How do the men in the submersible get in? To/from the ocean? The Mosasaur's lagoon is NOT connected to the ocean.

I'm not bullshitting, google Jurassic World Map and see for yourself. That's a massive continuity error for the sake of an action sequence.

Why can the guys in the helicopter not communicate with the guy on the ground through his headset?

Wouldn't they make sure to be able to communicate when going to this island without having to shout to each other? Because that's a very bad idea! (Jurassic Park 3 bullhorn anyone?)

The scene was effectively shot and did succeed in making Rexy scary again, but applying any critical thinking to the way it's written (which I did in the theater after the scene was over, I'm a writer so sue me) makes it a lot less effective
Some of my friends who liked it dislike talking about it with me :lol:
Haha I know right? Same that my friends were a little uh in disbelief about my points.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
I agree that the mosasaur escaping to the ocean from the lagoon is a continuity error but there is an explanation on when the opening happens from an interview with Trevorow, who says it takes place about a week or two after Jurassic World while the rest of the film is three years after. Doesn't explain how Mills/ Wu got a team set up and sent out that quickly but I don't care, opening was the best part of the movie.

RIP Evan.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I have to say I really love the shot of
Spoiler:
the camera panning up in the Moasasaur tank with its silouet light up by the lighting

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
I agree that the mosasaur escaping to the ocean from the lagoon is a continuity error but there is an explanation on when the opening happens from an interview with Trevorow, who says it takes place about a week or two after Jurassic World while the rest of the film is three years after. Doesn't explain how Mills/ Wu got a team set up and sent out that quickly but I don't care, opening was the best part of the movie.
Really? Interesting.
Spoiler:
But would the Indominus be a skeleton in just about a week or two? It's a stupid question.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
Really? Interesting.
Spoiler:
But would the Indominus be a skeleton in just about a week or two? It's a stupid question.
Again, that's the explanation they gave. I didn't say it made total sense.

RIP Evan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
Really? Interesting.
Spoiler:
Oh, right. Eh, it is what it is I guess. :shrug:

SoggyNoodles2016

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Really? Interesting.
Spoiler:
Eh, better than just not addressing it I guess.

Anyways, wonder if anyone has any opinion on the theory going around that
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor imprinted on Maisie and it spends the whole movie trying to reach her and "protect" her by killing humans and trying to kill Claire and Owen, further exemplified by it trying to touch her when they're alone instead of murdering her on the spot like it does everything else.
I think it's a pretty good way to explain the odd behavior
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor
exhibits.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Anyways, wonder if anyone has any opinion on the theory going around that
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor imprinted on Maisie and it spends the whole movie trying to reach her and "protect" her by killing humans and trying to kill Claire and Owen, further exemplified by it trying to touch her when they're alone instead of murdering her on the spot like it does everything else.
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor
exhibits.
Spoiler:
Didn't he nearly eat her before Owen came in her room and started shooting him?
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor
exhibits.
I hate that theory with a firey passion.
Spoiler:
the reason that the indoraptor is so slow and methodical when approaching masie is for the same reason that it pretended to be asleep in front of wheatley, and the same reason it let wheatley sit and cry before tearing him to shreds.

It's a psychopath. Just killing doesn't satisfy it. It likes to toy with people, to smell their fear. Maisie is it's perfect victim. A small, helpless child that it can scare the living daylights out of. Brushing her hair and reaching for her covers were ways to build up the suspense, let her cower before it killed her.

It's expressly stated that the indoraptor lacks empathy. That's why they need blue for the prototype. I see no reason why Maisie would be an exception to this.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Anyways, wonder if anyone has any opinion on the theory going around that
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor
exhibits.
Spoiler:
Been a while but I rembered it as him
Spoiler:
slowly moving to grab her which considering the clusterskreeonk of DNA it is, might have been a friendly greeting. Either that, or it can't decide whether his instincts say protect or eat.
Added in 3 minutes 9 seconds:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Oh, right. Eh, it is what it is I guess. :shrug:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor
exhibits.
I hate that theory with a firey passion.
Spoiler:
the reason that the indoraptor is so slow and methodical when approaching masie is for the same reason that it pretended to be asleep in front of wheatley, and the same reason it let wheatley sit and cry before tearing him to shreds.

It's a psychopath. Just killing doesn't satisfy it. It likes to toy with people, to smell their fear. Maisie is it's perfect victim. A small, helpless child that it can scare the living daylights out of. Brushing her hair and reaching for her covers were ways to build up the suspense, let her cower before it killed her.

It's expressly stated that the indoraptor lacks empathy. That's why they need blue for the prototype. I see no reason why Maisie would be an exception to this.
You've got a point. I just think the way it
Spoiler:
hones in specificly on Maisie and actively tries to attack anything near her
is a bit odd for the
Spoiler:
dinosaur equivalent of Frankenstein
. Like I said to GodzillavsZilla,
Spoiler:
it might also be conflicted between kill and protect

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the Indoraptor
exhibits.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
slowly moving to grab her which considering the clusterskreeonk of DNA it is, might have been a friendly greeting. Either that, or it can't decide whether his instincts say protect or eat.
Spoiler:
I remember he was about to lunge, mouth open towards her until Owen barged in at the last second. I think it's to be assumed he was going to kill Maisie.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I remember he was about to lunge, mouth open towards her until Owen barged in at the last second. I think it's to be assumed he was going to kill Maisie.
Rewatched a bootleg of the scene on YouTube and you're right.
Spoiler:
I could stretch and say the jaw movements are an attempt to communicate but that last bit is definitely a lunge.
I'm gonna have to say this is probably ruled out.

RIP Evan.

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Why would they assume that the Mosasaur was dead if it was a week or two after the incident? Once again, why didn't they check to make sure it's dead? It can't hide like the land dwelling creatures, it's trapped and enormous. They know it took the Indom, couldn't you assume that would give it at least a week's worth of food? The lagoon thing is a massive continuity error, since they made a point to show that it was landlocked in Jurassic World. But the average movie-goer only saw it once and won't remember anyways so lazy writing can get a pass (i'm not directing that at you, I'm just saying)

On the plus side, the time-skip does explain why the Indoraptor was full grown, so there's that.
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Why would they assume that the Mosasaur was dead if it was a week or two after the incident? Once again, why didn't they check to make sure it's dead? It can't hide like the land dwelling creatures, it's trapped and enormous. They know it took the Indom, couldn't you assume that would give it at least a week's worth of food? The lagoon thing is a massive continuity error, since they made a point to show that it was landlocked in Jurassic World. But the average movie-goer only saw it once and won't remember anyways so lazy writing can get a pass (i'm not directing that at you, I'm just saying)

On the plus side, the time-skip does explain why the Indoraptor was full grown, so there's that.
Spoiler:
The entire thing is a plot hole because now the Mosa was in the ocean for 3 years and nobody noticed it?
That's why it's best to just enjoy and don't ask to many questions with the Jurassic films.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Ocean is a big place yo and it was one Mosasaur not a bunch of them. Three years is enough time to not be noticed.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

miguelnuva wrote:
Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The entire thing is a plot hole because now the Mosa was in the ocean for 3 years and nobody noticed it?
That's why it's best to just enjoy and don't ask to many questions with the Jurassic films.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Ocean is a big place yo and it was one Mosasaur not a bunch of them. Three years is enough time to not be noticed.
Spoiler:
I didn't say anything about the ocean. The "Mosasaur Lagoon" is the things pen, which was not connected to the ocean in the first Jurassic World, and is small enough that one could make sure it's dead before sending men in there for something valuable like the Indom bone. If it's still alive then send in an unmanned drone or electrocute it or something.

Of fucking course you wouldn't be able to find it in the ocean, something the size of Godzilla could legit hide in there very easily lol
Also you can ask all the questions you want about the first Jurassic movie and it still holds up. It has problems but nothing you have to specifically overlook except for the sudden cliff at the t rex paddock and...

Ummmmmm
Last edited by Huan_of_Valinor on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Shouldn't this have been changed to The Jurassic Park Series (1-5) long ago? Just asking.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

mikelcho wrote:Shouldn't this have been changed to The Jurassic Park Series (1-5) long ago? Just asking.
Gotcha covered ;) .
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
mikelcho wrote:Shouldn't this have been changed to The Jurassic Park Series (1-5) long ago? Just asking.
Gotcha covered ;) .
Well, in theory, maybe 1-6, as we know there is a sequel coming after Fallen Kingdom.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.