The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by eabaker »

Stump Feet wrote:Jurassic Park
Jurassic World

That's it :lol:
That's twice as long as my list! ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

If it wasn't for that final battle, I probably wouldn't have liked JW as much :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

- Jurassic Park
- Jurassic World
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Jurassic Park 3
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

JW:FK was just one big pile of letdown as far as I'm concerned, especially after what we got in the first JW. The whole thing was just a setup to get the dinos on the mainland, which is fine, but the means they did it was stupid. The whole introduction of the I-Raptor was pointless. That thing could have been cut from the film and replaced by any number of predatory saurians that they were trying to "train" of similar size and it wouldn't make a difference. A total letdown after the I-Rex. And then the new characters... every single fucking one of them I wanted to see die horrible deaths.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

A bit on a new dino invented in John Sayles unmade JP4 script. The Excavaraptor, a black skinned species of velociraptor, with large, mole-like claws for digging. An ambush predator that would employ the same method of striking at its prey like that of the trapdoor spider.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

People really rag on that story concept but people seem to forget Sayles is a master at taking silly concepts and rising them above the typical genre fair. Just look at Piranha, Alligator, and The Howling.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

also, bizzare concept art aside, there really isn't anything that far out there in the script. Just the Excavaraptors mentioned and a brief line saying the reason the raptors are able to listen to orders is human and dog DNA being added to them.

Still not my cup of tea from what I've read, but not the disaster some people made it out to be.

RIP Evan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Never understood the hate for trained Raptors either. Its like people forget JP Raptors are as smart as chimps and dolphins so why couldn't they be trained (particularly when started at such a young age). I mean it's not like they weren't still dangerous as the movie itself clearly proves.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So word is on the street the Jurassic World short got cut from Hobbs & Shaw?

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So word is on the street the Jurassic World short got cut from Hobbs & Shaw?
yeah, sadly.

Good news, there's rumors they're adapting it as the pilot for a possible Jurassic World live action series

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Never understood the hate for trained Raptors either. Its like people forget JP Raptors are as smart as chimps and dolphins so why couldn't they be trained (particularly when started at such a young age). I mean it's not like they weren't still dangerous as the movie itself clearly proves.
This. And it has to be said that training them didn't work. They turned on their handlers at the first opportunity. And the movie itself clearly portrayed the whole project as a doomed bad idea from the beginning.

I can see disliking Blue, though. She's become the face of the franchise's Raptors, and she actually is mostly docile and only attacks people who deserve it. Also, I absolutely loathe those promotional pictures on all the merch and store displays that have Blue with that bland, closed-mouth expression. I get it, they want her to look friendly and hero-ish for the kids... screw that shit. Show the damn teeth. It's a scary killer dinosaur, let it look like one.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I actually still need to pick up a copy of Fallen Kingdom. I thought I had one already, but I rearranged my Bluray collection the other day and realized I didn't.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Pkmatrix wrote:I actually still need to pick up a copy of Fallen Kingdom. I thought I had one already, but I rearranged my Bluray collection the other day and realized I didn't.
This makes me feel good about my own obsessive collecting. I may accumulate a lot of stuff, but at least I'm still able to keep track of what I do and don't have. :lol:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Colin Trevorrow says they're currently designing and sculpting the dinosaurs. So pre production is apparently well underway.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Colin Trevorrow says they're currently designing and sculpting the dinosaurs. So pre production is apparently well underway.
A little early wouldn't you say given the third film isn't out until 2021. Quite possible it might get moved earlier if that's the case.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Maybe it means they're putting actual effort into this one.

I've been rereading The Lost World for the first time in about eighteen years. One of the main things standing out about it so far is Chrichton's dedication to portraying the dinosaurs not as monsters, but as animals. Makes the movies embarrassing by comparison.

For example, I love the tense scene where the male Rex
Spoiler:
approaches Ian, Thorne, and Eddie in the car, sniffs the car, stares at them through the windshield, they're desperately trying not to panic... and then it just rubs its anal scent glands on the hood and walks away. :lol:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Colin Trevorrow says they're currently designing and sculpting the dinosaurs. So pre production is apparently well underway.
A little early wouldn't you say given the third film isn't out until 2021. Quite possible it might get moved earlier if that's the case.
Well they'll probably start filming next spring or summer. That's not really all that far away.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Colin Trevorrow says that the 3rd movie will be a celebration of the whole franchise.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247720 ... orrow-says

No thanks. At least not from this guy. The horrible script that JW:FK had was in part made this guy (Connely was the other writer) and between that and Book Of Henry, and the stupid cliffhanger ending at the end of JW:FK, and I'm supposedd to beleive that this next moviee will be any better then the last one?

Sorry, but as somebody who holds this franchise up to being a smarter, more sopisticated franchise, count me out of the upcoming movie. Not after the last one.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Tis still gonna make a billion because kids love dinosaurs.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Tis still gonna make lot a billion because kids love dinosaurs.
Just kids? lol, you underestimate people, my dear 90s.

Also, there's the fact China doesn't have as big a cultural thing for JP as us so the JW trilogy is their JP.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Just kids? lol, you underestimate people, my dear 90s.

Also, there's the fact China doesn't have as big a cultural thing for JP as us so the JW trilogy is their JP.
Good point. Nostalgia plays a factor too why else did the live-action 90's Renaissance Disney remakes do so well after all.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.