The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:42 pm

I'd love a remake of The Lost World. Really the only major thing that's happened with it is the 2001 mini-series.

#MinillaForSmash2018

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:I'm still hoping that Peter Jackson or Guillermo Del Toro one day makes a big budget version of The Lost World, Creation (it's a lost project that eventually became King Kong), or The Valley Of Gwangi.

Also...I found this "review" more entertaining then the films themselves...

"Please Mommy Bryce...step on my balls."

:lol:
Last edited by Grievous on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Loganrules115
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Loganrules115 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Grievous wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:A series would be great, as would a cartoon like the one that was planned after the original film.

A cartoon? Were those ideas eventually adapted into the comic series?

Perhaps, but I don't recall that being the case.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Rhedosaurus
Interpol Agent

Postby Rhedosaurus » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Loganrules115 wrote:
Grievous wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:A series would be great, as would a cartoon like the one that was planned after the original film.

A cartoon? Were those ideas eventually adapted into the comic series?

Perhaps, but I don't recall that being the case.

One was planned, but Spielberg himself killed it during the planning stages. In fact, Spielberg has stopped most attempts to make this franchise larger then it really should be. Why else do you think that the main reason why Universal has resorted to using sites to expand the brand instead of doing it the proper way via books, cartoon shows, etc? The fact that the JW movies are barely connected to the first JP trilogy-Sorna getting mentioned by name is the only concrete way how they're both connected-doesn't really help.

SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:57 pm

#MinillaForSmash2018

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Vakanai
Interpol Agent

Postby Vakanai » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 pm

JAGzilla wrote:A Netflix series sounds cool, but would it have the budget to do the effects justice? I mean, The Walking Dead was the biggest show on TV, and even it couldn't get the budget to execute things like car chases well. I can't picture the dinosaurs looking particularly great, especially compared to the cinematic bar we're used to.

Eh, they don't have to look movie level good, something along the lines of Walking with Dinosaurs would work, and wasn't that closer to a TV budget?
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:16 pm

If Primeval could do it I'm pretty sure a decently budgeted Netflix series could.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vakanai
Interpol Agent

Postby Vakanai » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:If Primeval could do it I'm pretty sure a decently budgeted Netflix series could.

Or what about that one show some years back were earth was getting unlivable so a colony traveled back to start over in dinosaur times? I didn't watch it but the commercials looked okay dino-wise.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Terra Nova. Terrible show but the CG was pretty decent.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Terra Nova. Terrible show but the CG was pretty decent.

Saw the first episode and the premise and main characters ticked me off and I never looked back.

"Why did you have a 3rd child when you KNOW there literally isn't enough OXYGEN for it to survive?"

"It just seemed like the right thing to do."

Facepalm.

tyrantgoji
Yin-Yang Master

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 pm

cloverfan98 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Terra Nova. Terrible show but the CG was pretty decent.

Saw the first episode and the premise and main characters ticked me off and I never looked back.

"Why did you have a 3rd child when you KNOW there literally isn't enough OXYGEN for it to survive?"

"It just seemed like the right thing to do."

Facepalm.

yeah, Primeval was FAR better. sucks it got canned. :(

SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 pm

My problem with Terra Nova were

1. too many fake dinosaurs. I admire not wanting to do another T.Rex/Triceratops/Raptor and so on locale but doing it the way they did did not work at all (ironic, as we now know a lot of dinosaurs and other creatures from the time the show is set that could have worked.

2. It had no clue what it wanted to be. Within in three episodes, we had a family drama, survivalist story, Lost like conspiracy, post apocaylptic ficton, cop show, and dinosaurs. Pick one and stick with it.

Anywho, we're off topic so, how about the Jurassic World overhaul of the JP River Ride in California? How do you guys feel about that.

#MinillaForSmash2018

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:47 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Anywho, we're off topic so, how about the Jurassic World overhaul of the JP River Ride in California? How do you guys feel about that.

It's still a water ride so it's still bad regardless of how shiny and new it looks now.

SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:28 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Anywho, we're off topic so, how about the Jurassic World overhaul of the JP River Ride in California? How do you guys feel about that.

It's still a water ride so it's still bad regardless of how shiny and new it looks now.

I can deal with not liking water rides

but dissing the JP ride?

BLASPHEMY

Added in 7 minutes 38 seconds:
it was made with the aid of filmmakers, top of the line animatronics, and it made you feel like you were in Jurassic Park

and you dismiss it as a water ride.

shame on you sir

SHAME

#MinillaForSmash2018

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:41 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:

Damn it bro.....can't you just have fun? I swear Im coming for all that hate in ya.

Hey soggy.....make UG a JP ride montage with Taylor Swifts "Haters gonna hate".

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:49 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:

Jeez hater. Its a fun ride.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:26 pm

It's always sucked. It's a fairly boring river ride with rotting animatronics that are now being replaced. But the cool new animatronics still don't change the fact that it's a water ride and water rides in general are just the pits.

I'll give it this: at least it's not another "4D EXPERIENCE!!!!" aka slightly wobbly vehicle and giant screens instead of animatronics.

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:32 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:It's always sucked. It's a fairly boring river ride with rotting animatronics that are now being replaced. But the cool new animatronics still don't change the fact that it's a water ride and water rides in general are just the pits.

I'll give it this: at least it's not another "4D EXPERIENCE!!!!" aka slightly wobbly vehicle and giant screens instead of animatronics.

Something happen to you on one of those rides bro? Girl broke up with you on a water ride? Saw your girl with another guy on the ride? Your parents pulled a Joe Dirt on you left you behind on a water ride? I mean it seems to me you don't like water rides.....which are skreeonking awesome. Ive never ridden one before......but ive heard they are fun.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:43 pm

goji89 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:It's always sucked. It's a fairly boring river ride with rotting animatronics that are now being replaced. But the cool new animatronics still don't change the fact that it's a water ride and water rides in general are just the pits.

Something happen to you on one of those rides bro? Girl broke up with you on a water ride? Saw your girl with another guy on the ride? Your parents pulled a Joe Dirt on you left you behind on a water ride? I mean it seems to me you don't like water rides.....which are skreeonking awesome. Ive never ridden one before......but ive heard they are fun.

I just don't like getting soaked and having to walk around in soggy clothes through a theme park all day. I'm fine with like, water parks and slides but I hate mixing a regular theme park with water rides.

And yeah, you can avoid it... if you pay $15 for a 4"x4" locker to jam all your stuff in. Just not fun. Gimme a motion simulator over a river rapids ride any day.

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:50 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
goji89 wrote:

I just don't like getting soaked and having to walk around in soggy clothes through a theme park all day. I'm fine with like, water parks and slides but I hate mixing a regular theme park with water rides.

And yeah, you can avoid it... if you pay $15 for a 4"x4" locker to jam all your stuff in. Just not fun. Gimme a motion simulator over a river rapids ride any day.

You got me there...... :huge: . You're right. Never thought about after the ride and walking around wet. But, guess im just spur of the moment type of guy.

Return to “Monster Manor”