Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The Ultraman DVD boxset, the third one released after the first two.

The 'blu-ray'.
It's literally the same quality.
DVD has stayed well past its prime, honestly. Discotek has even stated they will no longer do DVDs, everything will be Standard Def Blu-Rays if it isn't going to be in HD. Even the recent release of Captain Marvel doesn't include a DVD copy. It's either Blu-Ray on its own or the 4K version with the Blu-Ray.
That's BS, since DVDs are still being made. Hell, Sentai is released on DVD. And it's better that way.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:The Ultraman DVD boxset, the third one released after the first two.

That first video of the full episode is a fan made hybrid of the US credits and English audio with the Japanese Blu-ray’s video. Sooo...yes, they’re going to look the same because they’re the same source.

The last set Mill Creek did looks absolutely nothing like what they’re about to put out.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Preordered the first two sets. Hoping mill creek will continue releasing future shows/movies of this fantastic series in the steelbook format.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

goji1986 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:The Ultraman DVD boxset, the third one released after the first two.

That first video of the full episode is a fan made hybrid of the US credits and English audio with the Japanese Blu-ray’s video. Sooo...yes, they’re going to look the same because they’re the same source.

The last set Mill Creek did looks absolutely nothing like what they’re about to put out.
Doubt it. I can't wait for the audio to switch between Japanese and English and random cowboy footage to be sprinkled in.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eulHteGReoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6-Us1diZJE
The 'blu-ray'.
What DVD box set? There has never been a set in the US that uses the Tsuburaya HD remasters.

That's BS, since DVDs are still being made. Hell, Sentai is released on DVD. And it's better that way.
Yeah, because facts are bullshit. :roll:

Sentai is only better on DVD because it hasn't been remastered for BD yet.

Now all you're making me think of is this one 70 year old hag in Media Play back in 2003 that said to the employee, "Where's your VHS tapes? I refuse to buy a DVD!"
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Rody wrote:We don't even know yet whether or not the dubs will be included. Keith Aiken has mentioned on Facebook and on the Monster Zero forums that additional features are still under discussion. This announcement is basically just a "Yes, it's finally happening" statement to get people's attention.
Exactly. Mill Creek and TPC are in talks regarding the dubs and possible bonus content. What was mentioned in the announcement were the contents that have been confirmed at this time.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I wouldn't base the quality of the product based on a YouTube video as its going to heavily compress the picture and audio.

As for the whole DVD debate, major studios are trying to phase it out, then again they're trying to phase out physical media all together. That's why you see the digital releases come out three weeks before the physical discs do. Honestly I see DVD being dead with in the next two or three years.
Last edited by gvamp on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'll probably only pick up the series I enjoy rather than get them all. I monstly enjoy Ultra stuff for the kaiju so not really worth getting a set for like 2 eps I enjoy

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I’m just excited for Ultra Q, that’s always been my favorite Ultra show, eager to check out seven though.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Stump Feet wrote:I’m just excited for Ultra Q, that’s always been my favorite Ultra show, eager to check out seven though.
7 is pretty good, I'd easily put it in my top 3 ultra shows

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I’ve always been very interested in checking it out so I think I’ll do myself a favor and pick it up when it comes out.

Between 7 and Ultraman, which would you say you prefer?
Long Live The Sting

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Since Ultra Q is your favorite show, you’ll probably like Seven more since it’s more hardcore sci-fi than Ultraman.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

UltramanGoji wrote:Since Ultra Q is your favorite show, you’ll probably like Seven more since it’s more hardcore sci-fi than Ultraman.
That’s very exciting to hear, thank you for the info.

I have to admit, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Ultraman save for a hand full of episodes but I’m eager to expand my horizon.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

gvamp wrote: then again they're trying to phase out physical media all together. That's why you see the digital releases come out three weeks before the physical discs do.
I've noticed, and as someone with a slow internet connection I hate that to the very core of my being. Not all of us have at home wifi, and heck if I want to watch a whole movie on my phone or tablet compared to my 55 inch screen. They better not phase out physical media too quickly, or I'll be left in the dust.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

UltramanGoji wrote:Since Ultra Q is your favorite show, you’ll probably like Seven more since it’s more hardcore sci-fi than Ultraman.
Not just that, but Seven also isn't as formulaic as UM was. Seven sometimes only appears for a minute in the middle of an episode and that is it. There's a also a few episodes where he doesn't grow at all. Another thing I love about Seven is how creative the episodes are as they play with a lot of different genres. The horror stories are some of the best.

My only issue with Seven is Anne's hair. In one episode it will be long, the next it will be super short, then long again in the next, short again after that, only to be medium lenght in the following episode, and then long again. It doesn't make any sense. Her hair is more alien than the show. :huge:

Added in 2 minutes 31 seconds:
Vakanai wrote:They better not phase out physical media too quickly, or I'll be left in the dust.
They day phsyical media stops being made is the day I become a pirate. I will not pay for something I can not physically own.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:They day phsyical media stops being made is the day I become a pirate. I will not pay for something I can not physically own.
That Is why they should give Archival disc a chance.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote: Added in 2 minutes 31 seconds:
Vakanai wrote:They better not phase out physical media too quickly, or I'll be left in the dust.
They day phsyical media stops being made is the day I become a pirate. I will not pay for something I can not physically own.
I follow you Captain Kami.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Do any of you have the feeling (or, at least, hope) that we’ll be getting whatever new HD remasters the Japanese get in near tandem with them with this licensing deal? Ultraman 80 hasn’t gotten a Blu-Ray release yet, and I doubt that they’ll just release the DVD remaster.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Might grab Ultraman for that deal. Wouldn't really want to pay over $30 for it since there's only a handful of eps I'm interested in

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Millenial88 wrote:Do any of you have the feeling (or, at least, hope) that we’ll be getting whatever new HD remasters the Japanese get in near tandem with them with this licensing deal? Ultraman 80 hasn’t gotten a Blu-Ray release yet, and I doubt that they’ll just release the DVD remaster.
Well since Mill Creek isn't planning to do the series in order, they'll probably tackle the ones that are out on BD in Japan first.