Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by Terasawa »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:I'm so sick of Millcreek putting in that crash sound effect.
Apparently the added sound effects are Tsuburaya's doing.
That's BS, cause they don't exist in the other versions. Just millcreek.
Get your hearing checked.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Xenofauna
Yojimbo

Post by Xenofauna »

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Terasawa wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
Apparently the added sound effects are Tsuburaya's doing.
That's BS, cause they don't exist in the other versions. Just millcreek.
It's literally not in the Ultra HD 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjShE2i7sJM
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: That's BS, cause they don't exist in the other versions. Just millcreek.
It's literally not in the Ultra HD 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjShE2i7sJM
You said "other versions" and linked a YouTube video of a promotional clip. Do you have the Ultra HD discs? Can you authoritatively say that those discs don't have the remixed soundtracks as an audio option?

I don't have the Japanese discs, DVD or Blu-ray. As I understand it, from others who do, the Japanese releases have the original unaltered mono soundtracks as well as stereo remixes. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) It would seem to me that Mill Creek got the remixed audio either folded down into 2 channels by TPC or did that themselves. They may not have known that the audio was not the original presentation.

Anyway, you can hear the same sound effects in the Shout! release of U7, so it's not something that originated with Mill Creek.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Xenofauna
Yojimbo

Post by Xenofauna »

The sound effects are on all the previous DVD releases and on the Japanese Blu rips I have but really who cares we're getting Return of Ultraman and Orb Origin in February.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I wouldn't be surprised if Return of Ultraman will have a huge influence on Shin Ultraman as its apparently Anno and Higuchi's favorite Ultra series.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Xenofauna wrote:The sound effects are on all the previous DVD releases and on the Japanese Blu rips I have but really who cares we're getting Return of Ultraman and Orb Origin in February.
Yeah, seriously, it was a given that Return of Ultraman would be coming soon, but seeing the official announcement is extremely exciting. This is the first of the classic series imprisoned by Chaiyo that didn't have a prior DVD release in the States, so I hope this one sells gangbusters. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it for the first time!

That said, Xenofauna, do you know if any of the other Showa series besides Ultra Q had redone sound effects for home video? I'm hoping the answer is no, but better to find out now.
Last edited by Rody on Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xenofauna
Yojimbo

Post by Xenofauna »

I can't seem to recall hearing them in the episodes of Ace, Taro, or 80 that I've seen. I know there are some in Ultraman though. I dunno otherwise.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Terasawa wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
You said "other versions" and linked a YouTube video of a promotional clip. Do you have the Ultra HD discs? Can you authoritatively say that those discs don't have the remixed soundtracks as an audio option?

I don't have the Japanese discs, DVD or Blu-ray. As I understand it, from others who do, the Japanese releases have the original unaltered mono soundtracks as well as stereo remixes. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) It would seem to me that Mill Creek got the remixed audio either folded down into 2 channels by TPC or did that themselves. They may not have known that the audio was not the original presentation.

Anyway, you can hear the same sound effects in the Shout! release of U7, so it's not something that originated with Mill Creek.
You know why there are crash sound effects in the Shout! releases of U7 and UltraQ and the millcreek Ultraman? Chaiyo had their hands in it.

But they're not present at all in the DVDs I got from Japan.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

There are people in this thread telling you otherwise but OK.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

Got both orb and geed sets, Anyone noticing any audio skips on the orb set? Seems to be an issue ive found on the first episode of the 2nd disc, still have to watch the rest of the episodes so I dunno if its a general issue or if its just my copy
Last edited by realinvaderdesign on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm excited to finally get to watch Tiga in its full uncut form without that -------- 4Kids dub.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I'm excited to finally get to watch Tiga in its full uncut form without that -------- 4Kids dub.
You’ve been able to do that for years. None of the Tiga DVD’s have the dubs.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

UltramanGoji wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:I'm excited to finally get to watch Tiga in its full uncut form without that -------- 4Kids dub.
You’ve been able to do that for years. None of the Tiga DVD’s have the dubs.
Exactly. However, the old Tiga DVDs have been out of print and pricey for many years, especially Vol. 3, so I'm really looking forward to Mill Creek's release.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Ultraman X and Ultraman Ace now on amazon
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh you mean for pre-order right? I got confused and excited to order since I thought they were in Spring.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Hopefully they'll release something in between the February and May releases. I wonder if they're going to bother with OVAs like Heisei Ultraseven and Ultraman Neos, Andro Melos, and the more standalone movies (Revive! Ultraman and Ultra Q The Movie for example since they weren't included with their respective series' Blu-rays).
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Grimlock#1 wrote:Hopefully they'll release something in between the February and May releases. I wonder if they're going to bother with OVAs like Heisei Ultraseven and Ultraman Neos, Andro Melos, and the more standalone movies (Revive! Ultraman and Ultra Q The Movie for example since they weren't included with their respective series' Blu-rays).
I mean, you can't wait two months?

If I had to guess, I'd say the Q Movie wasn't apart of the deal, considering it was a co-production (It doesn't even appear in a book Tsuburaya book I have). Though I'm not sure if they were in the deal or not, I wouldn't hold your breath for Heisei Seven or especially Andro Melos. Neos is a possibility, though its pretty low on my want list (Of course, I'll buy it if it happens though). But considering Revive! Ultraman hasn't even been released on DVD in Japan, that one's highly unlikely.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The original press release on SciFi Japan says "Over 1100 episodes and 20 movies" are available to be licensed. Make of that as you will.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

If Mill Creek doesn’t get around to the Q movie, I hope someone will fansub it. I know it doesn’t have a great reputation but it looks crazy as hell, and it’s more Jissoji.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.