The Conjuring Series Discussion Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
KManX89
G-Grasper

The Conjuring Series Discussion Thread

Postby KManX89 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:05 pm

With the new Annabelle movie coming out, I thought I'd start a thread for all films pertaining to [i}The Conjuring[/i] film franchise.

Anyone else gonna see Annabelle Comes Home?
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: The Conjuring Series Discussion Thread

Postby ScootaVaran » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:13 am

So The Conjuring is on Netflix right now and I'm thinking of watching it.
My question is does the movie just rely on jumpscares or is it a good atmospheric horror movie? I ask because I can't stand cheap jump scares. They just ruin the movie for me.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:23 am

ScootaVaran wrote:So The Conjuring is on Netflix right now and I'm thinking of watching it.
My question is does the movie just rely on jumpscares or is it a good atmospheric horror movie? I ask because I can't stand cheap jump scares. They just ruin the movie for me.

It has jumpscares but I don't consider them cheap, I feel the film earns them. They're genuine. The 2nd is ultimately better, in my opinion, but if you're a horror fan I think it's worth checking them out.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 am

Maritonic wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:So The Conjuring is on Netflix right now and I'm thinking of watching it.

It has jumpscares but I don't consider them cheap, I feel the film earns them. They're genuine. The 2nd is ultimately better, in my opinion, but if you're a horror fan I think it's worth checking them out.

Yeah, while I didn't like the movies, I'm at least glad I watched the first one (the second one I could have lived without).
Last edited by eabaker on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:23 am

I watched ''Annabelle Comes Home'' last night... While it was still better then the first Annabelle it was not better then Annabelle Creation. Was a bit let down by it to be honest. It took slightly over an hour before thing's started happening and it ended 20 minutes later. The shorter run-time saved it from being a disaster.

For those who are curious, It is better the The Nun and The Curse of La Lloroa. Anyway the cast did good, very small in scale, several other evil entities introduced to set up future spinoffs. The best one being the Hellhound and the Bride. This film had ZERO plot... An I mean ZERO...basically some girl does a dumb thing and sets up a chain of events and the other 2 had to undo it.

So final rating.. Annabelle 3 gets a 4/10 wait to Bootleg or Redbox your not missing much.
Final Note - The guy in this film is such a joke.. I had to cover my face with the amount of cringe he provided. Thankfully he isn't in it much
Last edited by XxComablack1937xX on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I watched ''Annabelle Comes Home'' last night... While it was still better then the first Annabelle it was not better then Annabelle Creation. Was a bit let down by it to be honest. It took slightly over an hour before thing's started happening and it ended 20 minutes later. The shorter run-time saved it from being a disaster.

For those who are curious, It is better the The Nun and The Curse of La Lloroa. Anyway the cast did good, very small in scale, several other evil entities introduced to set up future spinoffs. The best one being the Hellhound and the Bride. This film had ZERO plot... An I mean ZERO...basically some girl does a dumb thing and sets up a chain of events and the other 2 had to undo it.

So final rating.. Annabelle 3 gets a 4/10 wait to Bootleg or Redbox your not missing much.
Final Note - The guy in this film is such a joke.. I had to cover my face with the amount of cringe he provided. Thankfully he isn't in it much

How long is the werewolf sequence in the film? I have zero interest in this series but I do enjoy my werewolf movies. The traditional SPFX looked nice one of the better werewolf designs I've seen.
optimum in mundi

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 am

You know they skreeonked up a movie about La Llorona when you have it set in Los Angeles instead of its origin country Mexico.

Shows how bad this franchise has gotten.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:25 am

gvamp wrote:How long is the werewolf sequence in the film? I have zero interest in this series but I do enjoy my werewolf movies. The traditional SPFX looked nice one of the better werewolf designs I've seen.

All together you see the Werewolf less than a minute. You feel it's presence outside the house but you only see it in 2 short sequences chasing guy and a girl and it's about 20 seconds if your lucky. The Werewolf does look good but if your sole reason to see this is the Werewolf I wouldn't waste your money it isn't in it enough to make it worth it. The Wedding Dress/Bride and the Ferryman have a much larger presence outside Annabelle.

Rest assured the Werewolf will probably have a spinoff because it states it's a case the Warren's are investigating.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:16 pm

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I watched ''Annabelle Comes Home'' last night... While it was still better then the first Annabelle it was not better then Annabelle Creation. Was a bit let down by it to be honest. It took slightly over an hour before thing's started happening and it ended 20 minutes later. The shorter run-time saved it from being a disaster.

I saw it and I don't know what you're getting at with "it took over an hour for things to start happening".

Spoiler:
Daniela opens Annabelle's glass case and sets off spiritual hi-jinks within the first 20 minutes of the film. poop only REALLY starts to hit the fan within that last 20 minutes.

As for the "triggering events by doing dumb poop" argument, you realize that's pretty much a STAPLE of horror films, right? Because if you don't have teens doing stupid poop to put themselves and others in danger, you don't have a movie. Like why the hell were those guys playing with those Ouija boards in Evil Dead? :lol:

I liked it. Not as good as Annabelle: Creation, but significantly better than the first one. 7.5/10

P.S., I don't know what Chris Stuckmann and Angry Joe were getting at in their reviews, saying it felt PG-13. It's not as intense as the second Conjuring or Annabelle movies, but it earns its R rating. Moreso than any of the Insidious films, which could've easily been R. Even in Annabelle: Creation, most of the deaths occur off-screen.

Like I said in another thread, it's all about the atmosphere for these movies, THAT'S why they're R. Even then, it still has a few grisly/gory depictions, though mostly in the werewolf pictures.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:01 pm

XxComablack1937xX wrote:
All together you see the Werewolf less than a minute. You feel it's presence outside the house but you only see it in 2 short sequences chasing guy and a girl and it's about 20 seconds if your lucky. The Werewolf does look good but if your sole reason to see this is the Werewolf I wouldn't waste your money it isn't in it enough to make it worth it. The Wedding Dress/Bride and the Ferryman have a much larger presence outside Annabelle.

Rest assured the Werewolf will probably have a spinoff because it states it's a case the Warren's are investigating.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they do a spinoff movie then with more screen time.
optimum in mundi

Return to “Monster Manor”