New Hellraiser Film In The Works

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
User avatar
Vakanai
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: New Hellraiser Film In The Works

Postby Vakanai » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:00 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:There's just a time in a place when a franchise just needs to end where they are. No point bringing them back just for muhmoney and on said success and popularity of franchise.

Classic horror franchises are among those.

Says you though. Why is there a time and place when a franchise "must" end, and who decides that? And there is definitely a point in bringing them back 1.) muhmoney is all the reason Hollywood needs, why is that so bad? And 2.) people do enjoy these on some level, or they wouldn't give studios their money to keep doing it. If a studio can make profit off it, and there's a fanbase enjoying it enough to keep paying and making the studio that profit, why must it end? Why is ending it better?

Added in 3 minutes 42 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Well Godzilla should have ended YEARS ago, since the only reason the Millennium films where made was because MUHMONEH and the kinda petty hate of the 98 film.

The difference is though that you can tell many different stories for Godzilla as all the different timelines has shown.

These horror films not so much besides repeating same elements and repeated storylines from previous movies.

1. Why can't studios tell many different stories and have different takes on this franchise? Hell, the new Chucky isn't even a possessed toy, it's a malfunctioning (I assume, haven't seen it yet) robot toy. That's pretty new for the Child's Play franchise.

2. And even if you were right, you've still yet to explain why repeating the same elements and the same storylines to an audience who *enjoys* watching them is a bad thing.
Last edited by Vakanai on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9727
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: New Hellraiser Film In The Works

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Vakanai wrote:If a studio can make profit off it, and there's a fanbase enjoying it enough to keep paying and making the studio that profit, why must it end? Why is ending it better?

Because sometimes quality is better. If you keep milking a franchise drying it out it becomes worst for some. Look where that lead to franchises like Spongebob (Especially episodes like One Course Meal and A Pal for Gary), Family Guy, The Simpsons and such?

Would you rather the same happen to other beloved franchises too? Makes me glad such others like HTTYD and Regular Show ended on good notes rather then dragging out.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vakanai
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: New Hellraiser Film In The Works

Postby Vakanai » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:If a studio can make profit off it, and there's a fanbase enjoying it enough to keep paying and making the studio that profit, why must it end? Why is ending it better?

Because sometimes quality is better. If you keep milking a franchise drying it out it becomes worst for some. Look where that lead to franchises like Spongebob (Especially episodes like One Course Meal and A Pal for Gary), Family Guy, The Simpsons and such?

Would you rather the same happen to other beloved franchises too? Makes me glad such others like HTTYD and Regular Show ended on good notes rather then dragging out.

Please, I still watch The Simpsons. And what does it matter if it gets worse for some, they can just stop watching it, same as if you cancel it and they have to stop. I'm not saying quality isn't good or desirable, because obviously it is, I'm saying there is no reason not to continue milking a franchise as long as there's a fanbase there. If you end it, no one can enjoy anything new from it, if you continue, people who enjoy the new stuff has new stuff to enjoy in the franchise. The people who don't want to watch it any more can just drop out. New additions to the franchise can't impact them because they're already done with it, whereas ending it does impact the people not done with it. There's nothing of value to be gained by ending a franchise, whereas there is monetary gain and enjoyment to be gained from continuing.

All my favorite franchises and characters are older than me. I watch Godzilla, Batman, Scooby Doo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dracula movies, and on and on. I don't want them to end and go away, I'm not done with them yet.

Yeah, not sure I worded that well but basically: What does it matter if some people think it is worse now? They're not going to watch it anyway. Let the people who are still digging these franchises have them. They're getting value out of them still, and there is zero value in ending it because...some other people are done with it. Just seems selfish that we got to put the toys back on the shelf just cause some kids are done playing with them now.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9727
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: New Hellraiser Film In The Works

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Vakanai wrote:Please, I still watch The Simpsons. And what does it matter if it gets worse for some, they can just stop watching it, same as if you cancel it and they have to stop. I'm not saying quality isn't good or desirable, because obviously it is, I'm saying there is no reason not to continue milking a franchise as long as there's a fanbase there. If you end it, no one can enjoy anything new from it, if you continue, people who enjoy the new stuff has new stuff to enjoy in the franchise. The people who don't want to watch it any more can just drop out. New additions to the franchise can't impact them because they're already done with it, whereas ending it does impact the people not done with it. There's nothing of value to be gained by ending a franchise, whereas there is monetary gain and enjoyment to be gained from continuing.

All my favorite franchises and characters are older than me. I watch Godzilla, Batman, Scooby Doo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dracula movies, and on and on. I don't want them to end and go away, I'm not done with them yet.

Yeah, not sure I worded that well but basically: What does it matter if some people think it is worse now? They're not going to watch it anyway. Let the people who are still digging these franchises have them. They're getting value out of them still, and there is zero value in ending it because...some other people are done with it. Just seems selfish that we got to put the toys back on the shelf just cause some kids are done playing with them now.

Agree to disagree then. I still stand with my opinion regardless with some franchises.

Either that or they get like better writers especially for modern Spongebob (Who the skreeonk even thought those two episodes I mentioned would appeal to people?) and modern Family Guy (Who wants to watch everyday sociopaths pull off mean-spirited poop and poop at each other?).
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Vakanai
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: New Hellraiser Film In The Works

Postby Vakanai » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:10 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Please, I still watch The Simpsons. And what does it matter if it gets worse for some, they can just stop watching it, same as if you cancel it and they have to stop. I'm not saying quality isn't good or desirable, because obviously it is, I'm saying there is no reason not to continue milking a franchise as long as there's a fanbase there. If you end it, no one can enjoy anything new from it, if you continue, people who enjoy the new stuff has new stuff to enjoy in the franchise. The people who don't want to watch it any more can just drop out. New additions to the franchise can't impact them because they're already done with it, whereas ending it does impact the people not done with it. There's nothing of value to be gained by ending a franchise, whereas there is monetary gain and enjoyment to be gained from continuing.

All my favorite franchises and characters are older than me. I watch Godzilla, Batman, Scooby Doo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dracula movies, and on and on. I don't want them to end and go away, I'm not done with them yet.

Yeah, not sure I worded that well but basically: What does it matter if some people think it is worse now? They're not going to watch it anyway. Let the people who are still digging these franchises have them. They're getting value out of them still, and there is zero value in ending it because...some other people are done with it. Just seems selfish that we got to put the toys back on the shelf just cause some kids are done playing with them now.

Agree to disagree then. I still stand with my opinion regardless with some franchises.

Either that or they get like better writers especially for modern Spongebob (Who the skreeonk even thought those two episodes I mentioned would appeal to people?) and modern Family Guy (Who wants to watch everyday sociopaths pull off mean-spirited poop and poop at each other?).

Well, whether you like it or not, considering both shows are going on obviously there's an audience for it...but yeah, agree to disagree.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5668
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: New Hellraiser Film In The Works

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Vakanai wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Please, I still watch The Simpsons. And what does it matter if it gets worse for some, they can just stop watching it, same as if you cancel it and they have to stop. I'm not saying quality isn't good or desirable, because obviously it is, I'm saying there is no reason not to continue milking a franchise as long as there's a fanbase there. If you end it, no one can enjoy anything new from it, if you continue, people who enjoy the new stuff has new stuff to enjoy in the franchise. The people who don't want to watch it any more can just drop out. New additions to the franchise can't impact them because they're already done with it, whereas ending it does impact the people not done with it. There's nothing of value to be gained by ending a franchise, whereas there is monetary gain and enjoyment to be gained from continuing.

All my favorite franchises and characters are older than me. I watch Godzilla, Batman, Scooby Doo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dracula movies, and on and on. I don't want them to end and go away, I'm not done with them yet.

Yeah, not sure I worded that well but basically: What does it matter if some people think it is worse now? They're not going to watch it anyway. Let the people who are still digging these franchises have them. They're getting value out of them still, and there is zero value in ending it because...some other people are done with it. Just seems selfish that we got to put the toys back on the shelf just cause some kids are done playing with them now.

Agree to disagree then. I still stand with my opinion regardless with some franchises.

Either that or they get like better writers especially for modern Spongebob (Who the skreeonk even thought those two episodes I mentioned would appeal to people?) and modern Family Guy (Who wants to watch everyday sociopaths pull off mean-spirited poop and poop at each other?).

Well, whether you like it or not, considering both shows are going on obviously there's an audience for it...but yeah, agree to disagree.

This 100%,

Family Guy is still going strong, the humor lands home for some people, I and my fam can relate to the Griffins. Some of the best franchises are ongoing, Godzilla, most Horror franchises, SW, MCU, Comic Book films, etc.
Image
Sith Apprentice.


Return to “Monster Manor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests