Best Giant Monster Movies?

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Re: Best Giant Monster Movies?

Postby MikeSTZillak » Sat May 04, 2019 10:40 am

MaxRebo320 wrote:The Magic Serpent got a bootleg release as part of a double feature with Gamera vs. Gyaos/Return of the Giant Monsters by Retromedia years ago

The Magic Serpant and the AIP version of Gamera vs Gyaos are public domain.

Resized Image

#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Terasawa » Sat May 04, 2019 12:17 pm

MikeSTZillak wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:The Magic Serpent got a bootleg release as part of a double feature with Gamera vs. Gyaos/Return of the Giant Monsters by Retromedia years ago

That’s the general assumption but not really.
YouTube
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MaxRebo320 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:54 pm

MikeSTZillak wrote:

Even if that were the case, wouldn’t you rather watch a nice R2-rip over a shitty PD copy? Though if you want to watch it dubbed, I guess you’ll have to settle for a PD copy since like I said, the synch on the rip floating around is abysmal. I know of a restoration of the AIP version that properly syncs the sub and also recreates title cards and the like, though I haven’t been able to find it on the few torrent sites I frequent.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Return to “Monster Manor”