Child's Play (2019)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

Rating for the film

Five Stars
1
11%
Four Stars
2
22%
Three Stars
1
11%
Two Stars
1
11%
One Star
4
44%
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5685
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am

I think some of you should give credit where credit is due lol, this film is looking to be a love letter to the Child's Play trilogy. Just as IT 2017 was/is to the book

The music, atmosphere, tone, hell, even the way they built multiple in-depth animatronics for the film as shown below.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 16, 2019 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 am

There’s no way I’m the only one here who thinks this movie looks like complete ass right?
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6057
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Maritonic » Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 am

Ben Shapiro wrote:There’s no way I’m the only one here who thinks this movie looks like complete ass right?


Absolutely not, I'm right there with you. I can't believe how badly they butchered this.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 am

Maritonic wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:There’s no way I’m the only one here who thinks this movie looks like complete ass right?


Absolutely not, I'm right there with you. I can't believe how badly they butchered this.

Glad I’m not the only one then because none of this looks appealing whatsoever, and this is coming from a guy obsessed with killer doll flicks.

Dolly Dearest was a better remake than this :lol:
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Tue May 21, 2019 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Smuggers » Fri May 17, 2019 7:33 am

Yeah, there's something about this is that is just off to me. The look of Chucky and the premise in general just isn't creepy to me. It's just weird.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2390
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Image

Boy, I sure hope they do one of him punching a dead Bullseye, because then they can describe what these posters have become.

On the bright side, at least if the movie sucks, we can still have another bitchin' Bear McCreary score.

Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9733
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:12 am

Jesus they're really set on killing Toy Story 4.

I like it. As Toy Story should of stayed as the trilogy it was. :twisted:

User avatar
Vakanai
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Vakanai » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:53 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Jesus they're really set on killing Toy Story 4.

I like it. As Toy Story should of stayed as the trilogy it was. :twisted:

Meh, not like Toy Story was intended to be a trilogy in the first place. First movie ended the franchise perfectly. As did the second film. As did the third. As will the fourth probably. Just because the third is a favorite for some people (I've yet to watch it personally), let's not be revisionist with history and act like it was ever meant to be some trilogy with the last chapter being a perfect bookend, it was always just a, "Pitch us a great idea to make more money off this IP," thing after the success of the first.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby MikeSTZillak » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:33 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
Image


Boy, I sure hope they do one of him punching a dead Bullseye, because then they can describe what these posters have become.

On the bright side, at least if the movie sucks, we can still have another bitchin' Bear McCreary score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNjCEimjX_4

I love the posters they have with them flipping the bird at Toy Story 4. Exactly describes my feeling towards the film.
Also, the score for the film is utter gold.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 am

No reviews yet, not a good sign. I predict a RT score of 18% if the movie is lucky.

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am

Kaiju no Kami wrote:No reviews yet, not a good sign. I predict a RT score of 18% if the movie is lucky.

:sarcasm:
They're already reviews out there from people who seen it internationally and they're positive.

Added in 21 minutes 28 seconds:
Also, here's a review from a critic (positive, I might add):
https://www.inverse.com/article/56822-childs-play-2019-review-reboot-makes-chucky-a-smart-home-terror
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:No reviews yet, not a good sign. I predict a RT score of 18% if the movie is lucky.

:sarcasm:
They're already reviews out there from people who seen it internationally and they're positive.


Yeah, like I'm going to trust some random dude who saw it and says it was great. Justice League had people who got to see the movie early saying it was the best super hero movie ever and it was one of the most boring pieces of poop ever.

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:No reviews yet, not a good sign. I predict a RT score of 18% if the movie is lucky.

:sarcasm:
They're already reviews out there from people who seen it internationally and they're positive.


Yeah, like I'm going to trust some random dude who saw it and says it was great.

And these guys are different from online critics how exactly?
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9733
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:53 pm

MikeSTZillak wrote:I love the posters they have with them flipping the bird at Toy Story 4. Exactly describes my feeling towards the film.
Also, the score for the film is utter gold.

Same here. These posters to Toy Story 4 are my exact feelings to it as well.

Way to ruin a perfect ending to a trilogy Pixar. Money over quality and fans as always. Milk it out dry until there's nothing more to tell... :roll:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:53 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:I love the posters they have with them flipping the bird at Toy Story 4. Exactly describes my feeling towards the film.
Also, the score for the film is utter gold.

Same here. These posters to Toy Story 4 are my exact feelings to it as well.

Way to ruin a perfect ending to a trilogy Pixar. Money over quality and fans as always. Milk it out dry until there's nothing more to tell... :roll:


If they tell a great story who cares if it stays a trilogy or not. Trilogies are over done these days anyway.

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9733
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Kaiju no Kami wrote:If they tell a great story who cares if it stays a trilogy or not. Trilogies are over done these days anyway.

So you'd rather a franchise continue to degrade in quality until being milked dry? I'd rather not because that's what happens overtime when you keep making sequels to movies and such.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5685
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Not always lol.

A solid writer, director and producer can make the 4th film in a franchise more iconic than the rest.

Bar the first, but still possible.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Jeff-Goldblum2
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:36 am

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby Jeff-Goldblum2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:50 pm

I'll probably receive a lot of hate for this but I actually enjoyed the movie.

The kills were creative and Mark Hamill did a great job with the voice acting.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3234
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:20 am

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:I'll probably receive a lot of hate for this but I actually enjoyed the movie.

The kills were creative and Mark Hamill did a great job with the voice acting.



I am hearing a lot of mixed reviews, while some are enjoying it like you said with Hamill's voice and creative kills, other say the dialog and over-all script/direction sucked and there was a lot of wasted potential. I'll give it a watch but I am going to set my expectations to low.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2500
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Child's Play (2019)

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:45 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:If they tell a great story who cares if it stays a trilogy or not. Trilogies are over done these days anyway.

So you'd rather a franchise continue to degrade in quality until being milked dry? I'd rather not because that's what happens overtime when you keep making sequels to movies and such.


you haven't even seen the movie, how do you know if it's bad?


Return to “Monster Manor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests