Brightburn (2019)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
ApexOversteer
Interpol Agent

Re: Brightburn (2019)

Postby ApexOversteer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I also love that last scene where he's standing in the window frame saying "I want to do good mom. I really do."
It kinda resembles her broken image of who she wanted her son to be. While also resembling a comic book panel.

It's possible that "doing good" for him means removing what his race see's is an infesstation (others races such as us) to make the planet free real estate for his kind.

YES!

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:55 pm

ApexOversteer wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I also love that last scene where he's standing in the window frame saying "I want to do good mom. I really do."
It kinda resembles her broken image of who she wanted her son to be. While also resembling a comic book panel.

It's possible that "doing good" for him means removing what his race see's is an infesstation (others races such as us) to make the planet free real estate for his kind.

YES!

Between that and your mention of him getting hit on the head......

The Gunns are giant weebs.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:32 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
eabaker wrote:Couldn't disagree more. What you're proposing would seem to completely undercut the intent of the story, which is to examine the potential dangers of anyone having superpowers. Take the human element (so to speak) out of it, and the story ceases to really be about anything.

To each their own then. I feel becoming evil because you were bullied or an outcast is honestly generic and cliche that's been done already. The Halloween remake for one already did that.

That way I feel by doing the whole Michael Myers approach it gives out more eerie mystery to it such as maybe this is in his species nature hence the theories viewers could come up with like being the vanguard of an alien invasion or tradition his species does by sending their own children to other planets to take over.

Plus the potential that overtime as he begins showing his sinister ways the more his appearance degrades into a more alien-like appearance and maybe even something creepy as The One and Only proposed.

I may have been wrong about Brandon morphing, devolving into something nasty. Or nastier. The "proboscis" may have been just the stitching on the lad's hood. Using something thick like shoe laces, or bailer twine for it. In some ways this flick reminds me of the 1982 horror flick, The Beast Within.
Which dealt with a kid who comes down a mysterious illness just a few days shy of his eighteenth birthday. The same kid was the product of his mother being raped by an unknown individual when she ,and her husband ran out of gas on a remote country road. Basically, the kid was transforming into, both mentally and physically, into the thing that assaulted his mother. But the idear of Brandon switching to some pre-programed mission during the field incident when knocked down could. Like the lad in The Beast Within when he hit eighteen. Or the IRON GIANT, when the title character saw his friend maimed. The giant alien war machine switched over to World Devastator mode when angered. Also, I wonder if the flick might focus more on Elizabeth Bank's character. A bit blind to the seed of evil in the boy she raised. Even covering up some of Brandon's more odd activities. Warned by everyone the boy ain't right, Ignoring, not willing to believe it until it's too late. I also wonder if the ship, vehicle that brought him to the world, might be doing something else than relay instructions. Maybe building something ?
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 pm

I mean hey it looks good and I’ll probably like it, but is there any particular reason this has gained so much hype and online buzz?
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

ApexOversteer
Interpol Agent

Postby ApexOversteer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:10 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I mean hey it looks good and I’ll probably like it, but is there any particular reason this has gained so much hype and online buzz?

The most recent uptick was because the 2nd trailer came out Wednesday.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:53 pm

So does anyone want to discuss the possibility of an expanded superhero horror cinematic universe? I think these would work as great evil expy's for Batman and Wonder Woman.

Batman: The Bruce Wayne expy becomes a brutal serial killer that hunts down the poor, blaming them for his parent's death. He uses his vast resources to help him do this. So evil Batman is a batpoop insane serial killer that targets poor people.

Wonder Woman: Amazonians being pirates who rapes sailors and then disposes of them in order to reproduce while using their children who are male for slaves.

Aquaman: Basically Creature from the Black Lagoon. Killing those at all costs said Aquaman expy sees as a threat to his kingdom which would be basically anyone in the ocean from swimmers, fishers and workers out at sea.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Postby MikeSTZillak » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:09 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So does anyone want to discuss the possibility of an expanded superhero horror cinematic universe? I think these would work as great evil expy's for Batman and Wonder Woman.

Batman: The Bruce Wayne expy becomes a brutal serial killer that hunts down the poor, blaming them for his parent's death. He uses his vast resources to help him do this. So evil Batman is a batpoop insane serial killer that targets poor people.

Wonder Woman: Amazonians being pirates who rapes sailors and then disposes of them in order to reproduce while using their children who are male for slaves.

Aquaman: Basically Creature from the Black Lagoon. Killing those at all costs said Aquaman expy sees as a threat to his kingdom which would be basically anyone in the ocean from swimmers, fishers and workers out at sea.

While I think this is the wrong thread to post this, it does sound interesting.

Resized Image

#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Spoiler:

Whoo R Rating baby! Don't hold back on the blood and guts yo!

Melting people with his heat vision. Possibility tearing off that girls arm right clean off! So many possibilities! :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:23 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rLYtl2_iY

Whoo R Rating baby! Don't hold back on the blood and guts yo!

Melting people with his heat vision. Possibility tearing off that girls arm right clean off! So many possibilities! :huge:

Break every bone in the girl's hand I could see happening. Anything more dramatic, or gruesome, would result in Brandon getting hauled off to jail. Reform school to say the least. Especially in this day and age. Breaking some bones in the lass' hand could be explained off the result of a kids will be kids, after being bullied by the mean girl.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:29 pm

The One and Only wrote:Anything more dramatic, or gruesome, would result in Brandon getting hauled off to jail.

Tru.

Edgy I know I just want this to be hardcore R as possible given the potential. :lol:

They didn't punk out with Georgie in IT (2017) hopefully they do the same here. Difference would be they're surrounded by people so I'd love to see everyone's reactions to Brandon crushing her hand possibility bloodying it too in the process with exposed bone showing.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 am

Ugh, I don't want to see any children gore. That's just not for me, and I'm a guy who believes filmmakers shouldn't hold back on most things. Emphasis on most.

I hope the story's good.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Postby space godzilla » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:51 pm

As someone who normally hates superhero movies, I have to say, I’m actually kinda excited for this.
"Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide!" - Flood Gravemind, Halo 3.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 pm

I hope the reason this kid is so evil is actually interesting and not this isn't just your average "The Omen" type evil child. It would be one thing if the kid was raised by two abusive parents but even then not everyone who comes from a broken home becomes a homicidal maniac. Plus from what I've seen in the trailers his parents are good people. Personally I think he's not a "real" person. I feel like he's biological weapon sent to Earth as an attack or act of war. Kinda like The Iron Giant but without the soul.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun May 12, 2019 12:18 am

I just watched this film, let me just say ''Take the world'' haha once you watch the film you will actually get that line.
Such a good film, what would happen if Superman was evil? This pretty much answers the question.

The cast was all good, especially the kid. He was absolutely brutal to those that got in his way. At only 90 minutes long this film is short and straight to the point which only makes it better as it doesn't drag. Much better then I could have predicted for sure.
On a personal note, I just got to say Elizabeth Banks is one beautiful woman..

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun May 12, 2019 5:26 am

You saw it early? Cool. I’m looking forward to this down the line.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun May 12, 2019 6:29 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:You saw it early? Cool. I’m looking forward to this down the line.

That I did, I was surprised myself as it's not supposed to come out till May 24th, but somehow I copy was provided too me. Def recommend a watch!

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 am

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I just watched this film, let me just say ''Take the world'' haha once you watch the film you will actually get that line.
Such a good film, what would happen if Superman was evil? This pretty much answers the question.

The cast was all good, especially the kid. He was absolutely brutal to those that got in his way. At only 90 minutes long this film is short and straight to the point which only makes it better as it doesn't drag. Much better then I could have predicted for sure.
On a personal note, I just got to say Elizabeth Banks is one beautiful woman..

I need to know now! Tell me any dogs that die?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun May 12, 2019 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun May 12, 2019 8:34 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I need to know now! Tell me any dogs that die? :(

No dogs or cats die so you can rest easy with that, but chickens do.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun May 12, 2019 8:34 am

XxComablack1937xX wrote:No dogs or cats die so you can rest easy with that, but chickens do.

YAY!!!! :huge:

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Sun May 12, 2019 9:56 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
XxComablack1937xX wrote:No dogs or cats die so you can rest easy with that, but chickens do.

YAY!!!! :huge:

Wow, didn't know you hated chickens that much.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Return to “Monster Manor”