Critters:A New Binge(Web-Series)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Critters:A New Binge(Web-Series)

Postby The One and Only » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 pm

They're back.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3482262//director-talks-critters-new-binge-will-puppets-bounty-hunters/
Those space faring, voracious mullet sporting eating machines will be making their long awaited return. The Critters return in a Warner Brothers web series courtesy of the studio's Blue Ribbon Content Media in the form of eight episode, ten minute webisodes. From ZomBeavers director Jordan Rudin. CRITTERS:A NEW BINGE has the Krites returning to Earth to locate a lost Critter offspring. And on top of chaos heading Burbank ,California with the Krites and their progeny, a group of Bounty Hunters are in hot pursuit of the Critters.
And they're willing to go through everyone and anything to take out their quarry. Also returning for the show, are the effects gurus of the original 1986 classic, the Chido Brothers. Who promise to keep the creature effects practical in the production. :huge:
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Re: Critters:A New Binge(Web-Series)

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:11 am

awesome news, I love the movies and it's great to hear the evil hedgehogs are coming back.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Awesome! Loved Critters 1 and 2, 3 is cheesy fun and 4 is awful. Can't wait to have these guys back!

We need them and then Gremlins!

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Thomas Lennon, just appearing in PUPPET MASTER:The Littlest Reich , will be part of the New Binge.http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/thomas-lennon-has-a-role-in-critters-a-new-binge-web-series-288
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Critters is coming, some practical effects shots and best of all THE CRITTER BALL IS BACK! Looks to be a love letter to the Critters fan base.

link - https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/353843 ... l-effects/

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Okay...so...

I'm an "old school" Critters fan from my childhood & I watched
both the first & second films on VHS countless times.

For many years I have wondered why the Critters franchise has
gone mostly ignored...despite nearly every other franchise in the
world being milked for every last drop...and now...it appears the
Crites are finally returning...

And I can only hope its as fun, creative & violent as the original
2 films...

Also...a topless female bounty hunter with large breasts would
be much appreciated.

:thumbsup:
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:31 pm

The show is going to be on Shudder, Critters: A New Binge.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Postby KillCrites » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Great, more low effort heartless "so-bad-it's-good" bullshit. Perfect.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:39 pm

Every. Single. Line. Read. Is. Awful.

Those are the performances that were considered good enough to help sell the show to an audience?
Last edited by eabaker on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:20 am

KillCrites wrote:Great, more low effort heartless "so-bad-it's-good" bullshit. Perfect.

I completely understand, the Critters films while fun,goofy and toung-in-cheek were never the sort of so bad it's good type.

I really want that whole attitude towards things like Critters, to skreeonk off and die! As it's ruining horror cinema in my opinion.
Last edited by kingkevzilla88 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:08 pm

This looks absolutely ridiculous, the acting looks horrible, the dialog is meh... and with that said IM IN!

The Critters themselves look fine given the extremely low budget, LOVED the Critter ball as I see they eat a lot of dumb people so believe it or not I am totally ready!

Plus I love how there keeping them talking in there own language, In the first when 1 Critter got shot the other said ''poop'' and ran and in Critters 2 the restaurant scene when the Critter gets his hair blown off he looks in the mirror and goes ''BITCHIN'' LMAO.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:30 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I really want that whole attitude towards things like Critters, to skreeonk off and die! As it's ruining horror cinema in my opinion.

This. A lot of the "embrace the cheesiness, so-bad-it's-good" movement that seems to be an increasingly dominant force in sci-fi and horror circles sort of misses the point of a lot of the old movies they praise; while many of them are admittedly bad/hokey/whatever, they were borne out of something genuine. Be it a writer who wanted to tell a gripping story that just didn't translate well into film, a director who wanted to make a good movie despite not having much to work with, SFX artists who poured their heart and soul into making semi-decent effects despite a limited budget, or actors trying to turn in a decent performance, or even if everyone's just having fun making a movie, there's something genuine there; intentionally making a film to be bad just seems like laziness all around.
Last edited by G2000 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:10 am

G2000 wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:I really want that whole attitude towards things like Critters, to skreeonk off and die! As it's ruining horror cinema in my opinion.

This. A lot of the "embrace the cheesiness, so-bad-it's-good" movement that seems to be an increasingly dominant force in sci-fi and horror circles sort of misses the point of a lot of the old movies they praise; while many of them are admittedly bad/hokey/whatever, they were borne out of something genuine. Be it a writer who wanted to tell a gripping story that just didn't translate well into film, a director who wanted to make a good movie despite not having much to work with, SFX artists who poured their heart and soul into making semi-decent effects despite a limited budget, or actors trying to turn in a decent performance, or even if everyone's just having fun making a movie, there's something genuine there; intentionally making a film to be bad just seems like laziness all around.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 am

Good camp cuts with a scalpel, not a chainsaw.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:59 pm

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3549312/looks-like-addition-shudders-series-new-critters-movie-wrapped-filming/

So, there's going to be a new film as well. It's going to be on SYFY, the people who produced the new Tremors movies are behind it and there's a rumor that Dee Wallace might be back for it.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:18 pm

I’m sorry, is there something I’m missing with Critters? Why is it getting so much new poop? The first film was a passable little monster film but definitely not four sequels and a TV show’s worth of interesting stories to tell.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:50 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:I’m sorry, is there something I’m missing with Critters? Why is it getting so much new poop? The first film was a passable little monster film but definitely not four sequels and a TV show’s worth of interesting stories to tell.

I thought the same thing about Halloween, the first is a Classic but it's sequels never lived up to the potential but I liked the Reboot.

Critters is a fun B movie romp, Critters 1 and Critters 2 are both good. 3 is alright 4 I honestly don't remember at all.

Tremors was going to have two different series going until Kevin Bacon got his canceled. Chucky has now 2 different series going.
There's plenty of story they can make up for Critters as they are a intelligent extra terrestrial species known for causing terror wherever they go. I doubt earth is the only planet they try and destroy not counting all the bounty hunters that failed to kill them.

Plus if Critters can even be moderately successful, it can finally lead to another Gremlins film and something new? Besides Freddy is dormant, Jason is tied up in legal dispute, and both Aliens and Predator are clinging to life support. It's not like Hollywood has a whole lot of horror icon's left.

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:56 am

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/290446/critters-a-new-binge-master-puppeteer-slams-fans-for-negative-response-to-trailer/

The head of special effects for the project, isn't too please about the reaction the trailer for the show is getting. Definitely the best response by a creator to fans critiquing their work, I've seen in along time. Hell, he'll he's just asking to give the show a chance.

I wish, that everyone working in the creative industries would act like this guy when faced with criticism. You know not calling the audience every horrible thing under the sun.

Saying that, people are aloud to make judgments about the show based on the trailer. Our time and money are not infinite, that's why we make judgments about things like movies and tv shows based on what's presented in trailers.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:19 am

Hell Yes! I liked his response, personally I am with him I am just happy to have Critters back.

Personally I had no problem with the Critters themselves just the actors LOL the effects don't bother me.
Looking forward to see what SYFY has in store for Critters and see how there take differs.

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Postby Can of Conspiracy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:07 am

kingkevzilla88 wrote:https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3549312/looks-like-addition-shudders-series-new-critters-movie-wrapped-filming/

So, there's going to be a new film as well. It's going to be on SYFY, the people who produced the new Tremors movies are behind it and there's a rumor that Dee Wallace might be back for it.

Jesus. It's like learning about a childhood friend dying somehow twice during the same week. No franchise deserves this fate.
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

Return to “Monster Manor”