Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
UltramanGoji

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote:I mean the title is The Son of Kong.
Nobody disagreed. Getting this indignant over an article (happy, e? ;) ) is just extremely strange and quite frankly, annoying.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

A few more worth adding:

- Cloverfield is also available on 4K Blu-ray
- Pacific Rim is also available on Blu-ray 3D
- Pacific Rim Uprising is available on DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and 4K Blu-ray
- Rampage is available on DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and 4K Blu-ray
- The Meg is available on DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and 4K Blu-ray
- Monster Island is available on DVD
- Reigo is available on DVD and Blu-ray
- Raiga is available on DVD and Blu-ray
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

The Giant Behemoth has since found its way on Blu-Ray, and Inframan is OOP. I'll be sure to remind you again in 2+ years.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote:
eabaker wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Adding a conjunction makes zero difference.
I agree that it makes zero difference.

However, I feel compelled, despite my better judgment, to point out that "the" is an article, not a conjunction.
The Son of Kong is the actual on-screen title, btw. I ought to know, I've seen it.

Please don't belittle me, as I don't like it any more than you would. Thank you.
I didn't belittle you in any way.

Added in 43 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Terasawa wrote:I mean the title is The Son of Kong.
Getting this indignant over an article (happy, e? ;) )
Overjoyed!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Sorry about that; I guess I was having a bad day.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Yeah, man, we all have those, from time to time. ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

The '76 Kong is coming to Blu-ray. Time to bring this thread back!
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Bluezilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla »

Kong 76 with the extended TV cut. I still love Jeff Bridges monologue about the beach of the skull. I think it sets the tone for the eerie and mysterious Skull Island better than either 33 or 05.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

*Gamera vs. Jiger needs this statement added to it that's in the other five Showa Gamera films; "Americanized version available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain."

*It's written A.P.E. (1976).

*I just thought of a few films that were missed: Sabretooth (2002), Supergator (2007), 2010: Moby Dick (2010), 5-Headed Shark Attack (2017) (we've got 2-Headed, 3-Headed and 5-Headed, but whatever happened to 4-Headed Shark Attack? Did they miss it, or what?), Piranhaconda (2012), Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda (2014), Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf (2015), 2Lava 2Lantula (2016) and Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018).

*Also needing to be included are these films: Lake Placid: Legacy (2018), Anaconda (1997), Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004), Anaconda 3: Offspring (2008) and Anacondas: Trail of Blood (2009)
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm not going to be updating this 'cause I don't have any interest in doing so anymore. Sorry. If someone else wants to take the reins, however that can happen, that's good with me.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:18 pm I'm not going to be updating this 'cause I don't have any interest in doing so anymore. Sorry. If someone else wants to take the reins, however that can happen, that's good with me.
I'd like to add my addition to Gamera vs. Jiger (see above), but the Edit post button is missing. How can I do this without creating a duplicate of the first post at the end of this page?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 pm Inspired by a conversation in the Toho Media forum, I decided to take it upon myself to start a thread based on categorizing which giant monster movies have releases on DVD and/or Blu-Ray.

The Godzilla series will be excluded from this list as there's already a topic in the Toho Media forum that covers this.

Since I live in the United States, this list will primarily be Region 1 only. If you know any films that should be included here, please reply and I'll add it to the list below.

Availability is based on Amazon searches. It will differ at other stores.

The Lost World (1925): In the public domain, available on many budget DVD releases and newly released on Blu-Ray.

King Kong (1933): Available on DVD as a single-disc release and a two-disc release. Available on Blu-Ray as a single-disc Monster Mayhem re-release. Blu-Ray Digibook and double-feature DVD with King Kong (1976) are OOP.

Son of Kong (1933): Available on Blu-Ray and in a Monster Mayhem double-feature DVD with King Kong (1933). Single-disc DVD is OOP.

One Million B.C. (1940): Blu-Ray release seems to be OOP.

Mighty Joe Young (1949): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953): Available for pre-order as a single-disc DVD via Warner Archive. Available now as a double-feature DVD with Them! and as a quadruple-feature DVD with Them!, World Without End and Satellite in the Sky. Available on Blu-Ray.

Them! (1954): Single-disc DVD is OOP, still available in the double and quadruple features listed above. Available on Blu-Ray.

It Came from Beneath the Sea (1955): Single-disc, two-disc, and Ray Harryhausen box-set DVD release are OOP. Available on a double-feature Blu-Ray with 20 Million Miles to Earth and on a quadruple-feature DVD with 20 Million Miles to Earth, The Giant Claw, and Mothra (1961). Two-disc Blu-Ray and Ray Harryhausen Collection box-set are OOP.

Tarantula (1955): Available on DVD as a single-disc release from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection box-set.

The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956): Available on a double-feature Blu-Ray with The Neanderthal Man.

Beginning of the End (1957): Single-Disc DVD is OOP. MST3K episode is available on DVD.

20 Million Miles to Earth (1957): Single-disc and Ray Harryhausen box-set DVD release are OOP. Available on a single-disc Blu-Ray, on a double-feature Blu-Ray with It Came From Beneath the Sea and on a quadruple-feature DVD with It Came from Beneath the Sea, The Giant Claw, and Mothra (1961).

The Deadly Mantis (1957): Available on DVD as a single-disc release from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 box-set.

The Giant Claw (1957): Available in the Icons of Horror: Sam Katzman box-set and on a quadruple-feature DVD with 20 Million Miles to Earth, It Came from Beneath the Sea, and Mothra (1961).

The Land Unknown (1957): Available on DVD as a single-disc release from the Universal Vault series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 box-set.

The Monster that Challenged the World (1957): Available on DVD in a double-feature with It! The Terror from Beyond Space. Available on Blu-Ray.

Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957): Available on DVD in a triple-feature DVD with Not of this Earth and War of the Satellites. Single-disc DVD is OOP.

The Cyclops (1957): Available on DVD from Warner Archive.

The Black Scorpion (1957): Available on DVD from Warner Archive. Available for pre-order on Blu-Ray.

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958): Available on DVD as a single-disc release and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box-set. Available on Blu-Ray.

Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman (1958): Available on DVD from Warner Archive and in the Cult Camp Classics Vol. 1: Sci-Fi Thrillers box-set.

The Blob (1958): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from the Criterion Collection.

Earth vs. the Spider (1958): Double-feature DVD with War of the Colossal Beast is OOP.

War of the Colossal Beast (1958): See above.

The Crawling Eye (1958): Single-disc DVD is OOP (actual on-screen title: The Trollenberg Terror).

The Giant Gila Monster (1959): In the public domain, available on way too many budget DVD releases to list. Often included with The Killer Shrews as a double feature.

The Giant Behemoth (1959): Available on DVD from Warner Archive and in the Cult Camp Classics Vol. 1: Sci-Fi Thrillers box-set.

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959): Available on DVD. Blu-Ray release is OOP.

The Lost World (1960): Available on DVD (this release also contains the 1925 version).

The Angry Red Planet (1960): Available on DVD in a quadruple-feature release with The Man from Planet X, Beyond the Time Barrier, and The Time Travelers. Single-disc DVD is OOP. Available on Blu-Ray.

Gorgo (1961): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray (Blu-Ray is going to be OOP soon).

Reptilicus (1961): Available on a double-feature Blu-Ray with Tentacles. Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Konga (1961): Available on DVD in a double-feature with Yongary, Monster from the Deep. Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Mysterious Island (1961): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box set. Twilight Time Blu-Ray is long since sold out.

Jason and the Argonauts (1964): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box-set. Available on Blu-Ray.

First Men in the Moon (1964): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Twilight Time Blu-Ray is long since sold out.

Gamera (1965): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-Ray. Single-disc DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP. Americanized version (Gammera the Invincible) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

Gamera vs. Barugon (1966): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-Ray. Single-disc DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP. Americanized version (War of the Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

The Daimajin Trilogy (1966): Triple-feature DVD and Blu-Ray are OOP.

The X from Outer Space (1967): Available in the Criterion Collection's When Horror Came to Shochiku DVD box-set with Goke: Body Snatcher from Hell, The Living Skeleton, and Genocide.

Gappa the Triphibian Monster (1967): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Americanized version (Monster from a Prehistoric Planet) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

Yongary, Monster from the Deep (1967): Available on Blu-Ray and on a double-feature DVD with Konga.

Gamera vs. Gyaos (1967): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP. Americanized version (Return of the Giant Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

One Million Years B.C. (1967): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray contains the uncut U.K. version and the slighly cut U.S. version.

The Magic Serpent (1967): Double-feature DVD with Return of the Giant Monsters is OOP.

Gamera vs. Viras (1968): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP. Americanized version (Destroy All Planets) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

Gamera vs. Guiron (1969): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP. Americanized version (Attack of the Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

The Mighty Gorga (1969): Double-feature DVD with One Million AC/DC is OOP.

The Valley of Gwangi (1969): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Gamera vs. Jiger (1970): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP. Americanized version (Gamera vs. Monster X) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Warner Archive. Both of these releases are the uncut U.K. version.

Gamera vs. Zigra (1971): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP.

The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974): Available on DVD.

Super Inframan (1975): Available on DVD.

The Land that Time Forgot (1975): Available on Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD with The People that Time Forgot is OOP.

A. P. E. (1976): Available on Blu-Ray and DVD.

Queen Kong (1976): Available on DVD.

King Kong (1976): Available on DVD from Best Buy's website and is listed on Amazon, but under the 2005 King Kong's DVD section. Original "Widescreen Collection" DVD and double-feature DVD with King Kong (1933) are OOP.

At the Earth's Core (1976): Available on Blu-Ray. Double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP.

Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

The Last Dinosaur (1977): Available on DVD from Warner Archive. This release is the uncut European version.

The Mighty Peking Man (1977): Available on DVD.

Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds (1977): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

The People That Time Forgot (1977): Available on Blu-Ray. Triple-feature DVD with War-Gods of the Deep and Deep Shock available for pre-order.

The Bermuda Depths (1978): Available on DVD from Warner Archive.

Tentacles (1979): Available on a double-feature Blu-Ray with Reptilicus. Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Gamera: Super Monster (1980): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set and the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD by Shout! Factory is OOP.

Clash of the Titans (1981): Available on DVD and Digibook Blu-Ray. Also available on Blu-Ray in a double pack with the 2010 remake (also titled Clash of the Titans) and in a triple pack with the 2010 remake and its sequel, Wrath of the Titans.

Q the Winged Serpent (1982): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Attack of the Super Monsters (1982): Available on DVD.

Razorback (1984): Available on DVD from Warner Archive.

King Kong Lives (1986): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, on a double-feature Blu-Ray with Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion, and on a triple-feature Blu-Ray with Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, on a double-feature Blu-Ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, and on a triple-feature Blu-Ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Zarkorr! The Invader (1996): Available on a single-disc DVD and a triple-feature DVD with Kraa! The Sea Monster and Monsters Gone Wild.

The Relic (1997): Available for pre-order on DVD. Blu-Ray is OOP.

Kraa! The Sea Monster (1998): Available on a single-disc DVD and a triple-feature DVD with Zarkorr! The Invader and Monsters Gone Wild.

Mighty Joe Young (1998): Available on DVD.

Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris (1999): Available in the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, on a single-disc Blu-Ray, and on a triple-feature Blu-Ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion. Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Reptilian a.k.a. Yonggary (1999): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Lake Placid (1999): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Available on Blu-Ray.

Python (2000): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Boa a.k.a. New Alcatraz (2001): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Eight-Legged Freaks (2002): Available on DVD.

Reign of Fire (2002): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Deep Shock (2003): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Dinocroc (2004): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Boa vs. Python (2004): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Curse of the Komodo (2004): Single-disc DVD is OOP

Frankenfish (2004): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

King Kong (2005): Available on Blu-Ray and DVD. "Deluxe Extended Edition" DVD, 2-disc special edition DVD, and triple-feature DVD with King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) and King Kong Escapes (1967) are OOP.

The Host (2005): Available on Blu-Ray. Single-disc and two-disc DVD are OOP.

Garuda (2005): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Negadon the Monster from Mars (2005): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Manticore (2005): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Minotaur (2005): Available on DVD.

Attack of the Sabretooth (2005): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Komodo vs. Cobra (2005): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Gamera the Brave (2006): Single-disc DVD and Blu-Ray are OOP.

Mammoth (2006): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Big Man Japan (2007): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Eye of the Beast (2007): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Fire Serpent (2007): Available on DVD.

Ice Spiders (2007): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Lake Placid 2 (2007): Single-disc DVD and Blu-Ray are OOP.

Cloverfield (2008): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit (2008): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Bone Eater (2008): Available on DVD.

Cyclops (2008): Single-disc DVD and Blu-Ray are OOP.

The Loch Ness Terror (2008): Available on DVD.

The Mega Shark series (2009-???): Available on way too many DVD multi-packs to list.

Carny (2009): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Demeking (2009): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Monsters (2010): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Troll Hunter (2010): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Death Kappa (2010): Single-disc DVD and Blu-Ray Combo Pack are OOP.

Dinoshark (2010): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Dinocroc vs. Supergator (2010): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Sharktopus (2010): Available on DVD. Blu-Ray is OOP.

Lake Placid 3 (2010): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of a quadruple-feature DVD with Frankenfish, The Loch Ness Terror and Piranha 2: The Spawning.

Super 8 (2011): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Behemoth (2011): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

2-Headed Shark Attack (2012): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of a triple-feature DVD with Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus and Shark Island. Blu-Ray is OOP.

Bigfoot (2012): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Lake Placid: The Final Chapter (2012): Available on DVD.

Pacific Rim (2013): Available on DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K UltraHD.

Poseidon Rex (2013): Available on DVD.

Big Ass Spider! (2013): Available on Blu-Ray.

Grabbers (2013): Available on DVD.

Avalanche Sharks (2014): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Bermuda Tentacles (2014): Single-disc DVD and Blu-Ray are OOP.

Monsters: Dark Continent (2014): Available on DVD. Available on Blu-ray from various third party sellers.

3-Headed Shark Attack (2015): Available on DVD.

Lake Placid vs. Anaconda (2015): Available on DVD.

Lavalantula (2015): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Colossal (2016): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Terrordactyl (2016): Available on DVD.

Kong: Skull Island (2017): Available on DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K UltraHD.
This is about the best I can do with what I've got, so it'll have to do...for now.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 22 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:30 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 pm Inspired by a conversation in the Toho Media forum, I decided to take it upon myself to start a thread based on categorizing which giant monster movies have releases on DVD and/or Blu-Ray.

The Godzilla series will be excluded from this list as there's already a topic in the Toho Media forum that covers this.

Since I live in the United States, this list will primarily be Region 1 only. If you know any films that should be included here, please reply and I'll add it to the list below.

The Lost World (1925): In the public domain, available on many budget DVD releases and newly released on Blu-Ray.

King Kong (1933): Available on DVD as a single-disc release and a two-disc release. Available on Blu-Ray as a single-disc Monster Mayhem re-release. Blu-Ray Digibook and double-feature DVD with King Kong (1976) are OOP.

Son of Kong (1933): Available on Blu-Ray and in a Monster Mayhem double-feature DVD with King Kong (1933). Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Mighty Joe Young (1949): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Warner Archive.

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953): Available on DVD from Warner Archive, as a double-feature DVD with Them! and as a quadruple-feature DVD with Them!, World Without End and Satellite in the Sky. Available on Blu-ray.

Them! (1954): Single-disc DVD is OOP; still available on DVD in the double and quadruple features listed above. Available on Blu-Ray from Warner Archive.

It Came from Beneath the Sea (1955): Single-disc, two-disc, and Ray Harryhausen box-set DVD releases are OOP. Available on a double-feature Blu-Ray with 20 Million Miles to Earth and on a quadruple-feature DVD with 20 Million Miles to Earth, The Giant Claw, and Mothra (1961). Two-disc Blu-Ray is OOP.

Tarantula (1955): Available on DVD as a single-disc release from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 box-set. Available on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory.

The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956): Double-feature Blu-Ray with The Neanderthal Man is OOP.

Beginning of the End (1957): Single-disc DVD is OOP. MST3K episode is available on DVD from Shout! Factory.

20 Million Miles to Earth (1957): Single-disc and Ray Harryhausen box-set DVD releases are OOP. Available on a single-disc Blu-Ray, on a double-feature Blu-Ray with It Came From Beneath the Sea and on a quadruple-feature DVD with It Came from Beneath the Sea, The Giant Claw, and Mothra (1961).

The Deadly Mantis (1957): Available on DVD as a single-disc release from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 box-set. Available on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory.

The Giant Claw (1957): Available in the Icons of Horror: Sam Katzman box-set and on a quadruple-feature DVD with 20 Million Miles to Earth, It Came from Beneath the Sea, and Mothra (1961).

The Land Unknown (1957): Available on DVD as a single-disc release from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 box-set.

The Monster that Challenged the World (1957): Single-disc DVD, double-feature DVD with It! The Terror from Beyond Space and Blu-ray are OOP.

Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957): Single-disc DVD, triple-feature DVD with Not of this Earth and War of the Satellites and Blu-ray are OOP.

The Cyclops (1957): Available on DVD and Blu-ray from Warner Archive.

The Black Scorpion (1957): Available on DVD and Blu-ray from Warner Archive. MST3K episode is available on DVD from Shout! Factory.

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958): Available on DVD as a single-disc release and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box-set. Available on Blu-Ray.

Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman (1958): Available on DVD from Warner Archive and in the Cult Camp Classics Vol. 1: Sci-Fi Thrillers box-set.

The Blob (1958): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from the Criterion Collection.

Earth vs. the Spider (1958): Double-feature DVD with War of the Colossal Beast is OOP. Avaiable on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory as The Spider.

War of the Colossal Beast (1958): Double-feature DVD with Earth vs. the Spider is OOP. Available on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory.

The Crawling Eye (1958): Single-disc DVD from The Wade Williams Collection (actual on-screen title: The Trollenberg Terror (the theatrical European version)) is OOP.

The Giant Gila Monster (1959): In the public domain; available on way too many budget DVD releases to even list. Often included with The Killer Shrews as a double feature.

The Giant Behemoth (1959): Available on DVD and Blu-ray from Warner Archive and in the Cult Camp Classics Vol. 1: Sci-Fi Thrillers box-set.

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959): Available on DVD. Blu-Ray release is OOP.

The Lost World (1960): Available on DVD (this release also contains the 1925 version listed above).

The Angry Red Planet (1960): Single-disc DVD, quadruple-feature DVD with The Man from Planet X, Beyond the Time Barrier, and The Time Travelers and Blu-ray are OOP.

Gorgo (1961): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray (the Blu-Ray is going to be OOP soon).

Reptilicus (1961): Single-disc DVD and double-feature Blu-Ray with Tentacles are OOP.

Konga (1961): Single-disc DVD and double-feature DVD with Yongary, Monster from the Deep are OOP.

Mysterious Island (1961): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box set. Twilight Time Blu-Ray is OOP.

Jason and the Argonauts (1964): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box-set. Available on Blu-Ray.

First Men in the Moon (1964): Single-disc DVD and Twilight Time Blu-Ray are OOP.

Gamera (1965): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP. American version (Gammera the Invincible) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

War-Gods of the Deep (1965): Single-disc, double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP. Triple-feature DVD with The People That Time Forgot and Deep Shock available for pre-order.

Gamera vs. Barugon (1966): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-ray, and the Gamera; The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP. American version (War of the Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

The Daimajin Trilogy (1966): Available in The Daimajin Trilogy Blu-ray box set. Triple-feature DVD and triple-feature Blu-Ray are OOP.

The X from Outer Space (1967): Available in the Criterion Collection's When Horror Came to Shochiku DVD box-set with Goke: Body Snatcher from Hell, The Living Skeleton, and Genocide.

Gappa the Triphibian Monster (1967): Available on DVD and Blu-ray. American version (Monster from a Prehistoric Planet) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

Yongary, Monster from the Deep (1967): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD with Konga is OOP.

Gamera vs. Gyaos (1967): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Viras, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: the Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP. American version (Return of the Giant Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

One Million Years B.C. (1967): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray (the Blu-Ray contains the unedited U.K. version and the slightly edited U.S. version).

The Magic Serpent (1967): Double-feature DVD with Return of the Giant Monsters is OOP.

Gamera vs. Viras (1968): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Gyaos, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP. American version (Destroy All Planets) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

Gamera vs. Guiron (1969): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Jiger, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP. American version (Attack of the Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

The Valley of Gwangi (1969): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Warner Archive.

Gamera vs. Jiger (1970): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Guiron, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera; The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP. American version (Gamera vs. Monster X) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Warner Archive (both of these releases are the unedited U.K. version).

Gamera vs. Zigra (1971): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera: Super Monster, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP.

The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Super Inframan (1975): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

The Land that Time Forgot (1975): Available on Blu-Ray. Double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP.

King Kong (1976): Available on DVD from Best Buy's website and is listed on Amazon, but under the 2005 King Kong's DVD section. Original "Widescreen Collection" DVD and double-feature DVD with King Kong (1933) are OOP.

At the Earth's Core (1976): Available on Blu-Ray. Single-disc, double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP.

The Last Dinosaur (1977): Available on DVD from Warner Archive (this release is the unedited theatrical version).

The People That Time Forgot (1977): Available on Blu-Ray. Single-disc, double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP. Triple-feature DVD with War-Gods of the Deep and Deep Shock available for pre-order.

Tentacles (1979): Single-disc DVD and double-feature Blu-Ray with Reptilicus are OOP.

Gamera: Super Monster (1980): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Zigra, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP.

Clash of the Titans (1981): Available on DVD and Digibook Blu-Ray. Also available on Blu-Ray in a double pack with the 2010 remake (also titled Clash of the Titans) and in a triple pack with the 2010 remake and its sequel, Wrath of the Titans.

Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman (1993): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the double-feature Blu-ray with Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion, the triple-feature Blu-ray with Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP.

Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the double-feature Blu-ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, the triple-feature Blu-ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP.

Zarkorr! The Invader (1996): Available on a single-disc DVD and a triple-feature DVD with Kraa! The Sea Monster and Monsters Gone Wild.

Kraa! The Sea Monster (1998): Available on a single-disc DVD and a triple-feature DVD with Zarkorr! The Invader and Monsters Gone Wild.

Mighty Joe Young (1998): Available on DVD and Blu-ray (the Blu-ray is a Disney Movie Club exclusive).

Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris (1999): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: the Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the single-disc Blu-ray, the triple-feature Blu-ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP.

Lake Placid (1999): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Available on Blu-Ray from Shout! Factory.

Boa a.k.a. New Alcatraz (2001): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Eight Legged Freaks (2002): Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Deep Shock (2003): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Triple-feature DVD with The People That Time Forgot and War-Gods of the Deep available for pre-order.

Frankenfish (2004): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Available as part of a quadruple-feature DVD with Lake Placid 3, The Loch Ness Terror, and Piranha II: The Spawning

King Kong (2005): Available on Blu-Ray and DVD. "Deluxe Extended Edition" DVD, 2-disc special edition DVD, and triple-feature DVD with King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) and King Kong Escapes (1967) are OOP.

Gamera the Brave (2006): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the single-disc Blu-Ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are OOP.

The Loch Ness Terror (2008): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of a quadruple-feature DVD with Frankenfish, Lake Placid 3, and Piranha II: The Spawning.

The Mega Shark series (2009-?): Available on way too many DVD multi-packs to even list.

Lake Placid 3 (2010): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of a quadruple-feature DVD with Frankenfish, The Loch Ness Terror, and Piranha II: The Spawning.

2-Headed Shark Attack (2012): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of a triple-feature DVD with Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus and Shark Island. Blu-Ray is OOP.

Monsters: Dark Continent (2014): Available on DVD. Available on Blu-ray from various third party sellers.

Pacific Rim Uprising (2018): Available on DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UltraHD.
This is about the best I can do with what I've got, so it'll have to do...for now.
Just put some more updates in here.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 40 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:22 pm
mikelcho wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:30 pm

The Lost World (1925): In the public domain, available on way too many budget DVD releases to even list and newly released on Blu-Ray.

Mighty Joe Young (1949): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Warner Archive.

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953): Available on DVD from Warner Archive, as a double-feature DVD with Them! and as a quadruple-feature DVD with Them!, World Without End, and Satellite in the Sky. Available on Blu-ray.

Them! (1954): Single-disc DVD is OOP; still available on DVD in the double and quadruple features listed above. Available on Blu-Ray from Warner Archive.

It Came from Beneath the Sea (1955): Single-disc, two-disc, and Ray Harryhausen box-set DVD releases are OOP. Available on a double-feature Blu-Ray with 20 Million Miles to Earth and on the Sci-Fi Creature Classics quadruple-feature DVD set with 20 Million Miles to Earth, The Giant Claw, and Mothra. Two-disc Blu-Ray is OOP.

Tarantula (1955): Available on a single-disc DVD from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 DVD box-set. Available on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory.

The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956): Double-feature Blu-Ray with The Neanderthal Man is OOP.

Beginning of the End (1957): Single-disc DVD is OOP. MST3K episode is available on DVD from Shout! Factory.

20 Million Miles to Earth (1957): Single-disc and Ray Harryhausen box-set DVD releases are OOP. Available on a single-disc Blu-Ray, on a double-feature Blu-Ray with It Came From Beneath the Sea and on the Sci-Fi Creature Classics quadruple-feature DVD set with It Came from Beneath the Sea, The Giant Claw, and Mothra.

The Deadly Mantis (1957): Available on a single-disc DVD from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 DVD box-set. Available on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory.

The Giant Claw (1957): Available in the Icons of Horror: Sam Katzman box-set and on the Sci-Fi Creature Classics quadruple-feature DVD set with 20 Million Miles to Earth, It Came from Beneath the Sea, and Mothra (1961).

The Land Unknown (1957): Available on a single-disc DVD from the Universal Vault Series and in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 DVD box-set.

The Monster that Challenged the World (1957): Single-disc DVD, double-feature DVD with It! The Terror from Beyond Space, and Blu-ray are OOP.

Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957): Single-disc DVD, triple-feature DVD with Not of this Earth and War of the Satellites, and Blu-ray are OOP.

The Cyclops (1957): Available on DVD and Blu-ray from Warner Archive.

The Black Scorpion (1957): Available on DVD and Blu-ray from Warner Archive. MST3K episode is available on DVD from Shout! Factory.

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958): Available on a single-disc DVD and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box-set. Available on Blu-Ray.

Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman (1958): Available on DVD from Warner Archive and in the Cult Camp Classics Vol. 1: Sci-Fi Thrillers DVD box-set.

The Blob (1958): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from The Criterion Collection.

Earth vs. the Spider (1958): Double-feature DVD as The Spider with War of the Colossal Beast is OOP. Avaiable on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory, again as The Spider.

War of the Colossal Beast (1958): Double-feature DVD with Earth vs. the Spider is OOP. Available on Blu-ray from Shout! Factory.

The Crawling Eye (1958): Single-disc DVD from The Wade Williams Collection (actual on-screen title: The Trollenberg Terror (the theatrical European version)) is OOP.

The Giant Gila Monster (1959): In the public domain; available on way too many budget DVD releases to even list. Often included with The Killer Shrews as a double feature.

The Giant Behemoth (1959): Available on DVD and Blu-ray from Warner Archive and in the Cult Camp Classics Vol. 1: Sci-Fi Thrillers DVD box-set.

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959): Available on DVD. Blu-Ray is OOP.

The Lost World (1960): Available on DVD (this release also contains the 1925 version listed above).

The Angry Red Planet (1960): Single-disc DVD, quadruple-feature DVD with The Man from Planet X, Beyond the Time Barrier, and The Time Travelers, and Blu-ray are OOP.

Gorgo (1961): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray (the Blu-Ray is going to be OOP soon).

Reptilicus (1961): Single-disc DVD and double-feature Blu-Ray with Tentacles are OOP.

Konga (1961): Single-disc DVD and double-feature DVD with Yongary, Monster from the Deep are OOP.

Mysterious Island (1961): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of the Fantasy Classics Collection box set. Twilight Time Blu-Ray is OOP.

First Men in the Moon (1964): Single-disc DVD and Twilight Time Blu-Ray are OOP.

Gamera (1965): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP. American version (Gammera the Invincible) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

War-Gods of the Deep (1965): Single-disc, double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP. Triple-feature DVD with The People That Time Forgot and Deep Shock available for pre-order.

Gamera vs. Barugon (1966): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-ray, and the Gamera; The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP. American version (War of the Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

The Daimajin Trilogy (1966): Available in The Daimajin Trilogy Blu-ray box set. Triple-feature DVD and triple-feature Blu-Ray are OOP.

Gappa the Triphibian Monster (1967): Available on DVD and Blu-ray. American version (Monster from a Prehistoric Planet) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

Yongary, Monster from the Deep (1967): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray. Double-feature DVD with Konga is OOP.

Gamera vs. Gyaos (1967): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Viras, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: the Ultimate Collection Volume 1 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP. American version (Return of the Giant Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

One Million Years B.C. (1967): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray (the Blu-Ray contains the unedited U.K. version and the slightly edited U.S. version).

Gamera vs. Viras (1968): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Gyaos, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP. American version (Destroy All Planets) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

Gamera vs. Guiron (1969): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Jiger, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP. American version (Attack of the Monsters) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

The Valley of Gwangi (1969): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Warner Archive.

Gamera vs. Jiger (1970): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Guiron, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera; The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP. American version (Gamera vs. Monster X) available on many budget DVDs due to being mistakenly believed to be in the public domain.

When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970): Available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Warner Archive (both of these releases contain the unedited U.K. version).

Gamera vs. Zigra (1971): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera: Super Monster, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP.

The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Super Inframan (1975): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

The Land that Time Forgot (1975): Available on Blu-Ray. Double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP.

At the Earth's Core (1976): Available on Blu-Ray. Single-disc, double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP.

The Last Dinosaur (1977): Available on DVD from Warner Archive (this release contains the unedited theatrical version).

The People That Time Forgot (1977): Available on Blu-Ray. Single-disc, double-feature and quadruple-feature DVDs are OOP. Triple-feature DVD with War-Gods of the Deep and Deep Shock available for pre-order.

Tentacles (1979): Single-disc DVD and double-feature Blu-Ray with Reptilicus are OOP.

Gamera: Super Monster (1980): Available in the Gamera: The Showa Era Blu-ray box set. The double-feature DVD with Gamera vs. Zigra, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Volume 2 Blu-ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP.

Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman (1993): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the double-feature Blu-ray with Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion, the triple-feature Blu-ray with Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP.

Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: The Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the double-feature Blu-ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, the triple-feature Blu-ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP.

Mighty Joe Young (1998): Available on DVD and Blu-ray (the Blu-ray is a Disney Movie Club exclusive release).

Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris (1999): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the Gamera: the Legacy Collection DVD set, the Gamera: The Showa and Heisei Collection Blu-ray set, the single-disc Blu-ray, the triple-feature Blu-ray with Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP.

Lake Placid (1999): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Available on Blu-Ray from Shout! Factory.

New Alcatraz a.k.a. Boa (2001): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Spiders (2001): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Python II (2002): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Eight Legged Freaks (2002): Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Spiders II: Breeding Ground (2002): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Deep Shock (2003): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Triple-feature DVD with The People That Time Forgot and War-Gods of the Deep available for pre-order.

Sabretooth (2003): Single-disc DVD is OOP.

Frankenfish (2004): Single-disc DVD is OOP. Available as part of a quadruple-feature DVD with Lake Placid 3, The Loch Ness Terror, and Piranha II: The Spawning

King Kong (2005): Available on DVD and Blu-ray. "Deluxe Extended Edition" DVD, two-disc special edition DVD, and triple-feature DVD with King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) and King Kong Escapes (1967) are OOP.

Gamera the Brave (2006): Available in the Gamera: The Heisei Era Blu-ray box set. The single-disc DVD, the single-disc Blu-Ray, and the Gamera: The Complete Collection Blu-ray box set are all OOP.

The Loch Ness Terror (2008): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of a quadruple-feature DVD with Frankenfish, Lake Placid 3, and Piranha II: The Spawning.

The Mega Shark series (2009-?): Available on way too many DVD multi-packs to even list.

Lake Placid 3 (2010): Available on single-disc DVD and as part of a quadruple-feature DVD with Frankenfish, The Loch Ness Terror, and Piranha II: The Spawning.

Spiders 3D (2013): Available on DVD.

Pacific Rim Uprising (2018): Available on DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UltraHD.
Just put some more updates in here. Hope it helps.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, if you can stop spamming giant blocks of quoted text for the most minuscule of edits, that'd be great.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:21 pm Yeah, if you can stop spamming giant blocks of quoted text for the most minuscule of edits, that'd be great.
I would if I could, but unfortunately, I can't put them on the OP because the "Edit post" feature is missing. I'd like to put them in on it, but I don't know how. Could you or someone else please tell me how to do it without using complicated computer-ese?

And I just discovered eight more films to add to this list: Octopus (2000), Octopus II: River of Fear (2001), 2010: Moby Dick (2010), Mega Piranha (2010), Mega Python vs. Gatoroid (2011), 2 Lava 2 Lantula (2017), 5-Headed Shark Attack (2018), and 6-Headed Shark Attack (2019), but again, I don't know if any or all of these films are OOP or not, or whether or not they're just on DVD, just on Blu-ray, or on both formats. Can anyone please help me out with the current status of these films?
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:37 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:21 pm Yeah, if you can stop spamming giant blocks of quoted text for the most minuscule of edits, that'd be great.
I would if I could, but unfortunately, I can't put them on the OP because the "Edit post" feature is missing. I'd like to put them in on it, but I don't know how. Could you or someone else please tell me how to do it without using complicated computer-ese?
You can't edit the OP, point blank.

Also, "complicated computer-ese"? How on Earth did you sign up on this forum...

Anyway, if you want to make additions for whatever reason, go ahead. Just don't quote the entire list that's nearly four+ posts tall. That's extremely obnoxious and hard as fuck to navigate. Just make a separate post saying "Adding [blank], [blank], [blank]." If it continues, I'll just be straight up locking this thread.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:38 pm
mikelcho wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:37 pm
You can't edit the OP, point blank.

Also, "complicated computer-ese"? How on Earth did you sign up on this forum...

Anyway, if you want to make additions for whatever reason, go ahead. Just don't quote the entire list that's nearly four+ posts tall. That's extremely obnoxious and hard as skreeonk to navigate. Just make a separate post saying "Adding [blank], [blank], [blank]." If it continues, I'll just be straight up locking this thread.
What I should've said is I'm not as too computer-literate as a lot of people on here are. I can only do so much; anything else beyond that I don't know much about.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, I guess I'll just have to add these films separately, since I can't put them on the OL myself (and apparently, neither will anyone else, for that matter):

Anaconda (1997): Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Octopus (2000): Avaiable on DVD.

Octopus II: River of Fear (2001): Available on DVD.

Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004): Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Anaconda 3: Offspring (2008): Available on DVD.

Anacondas: Trail of Blood (2009): Available on DVD.

2010: Moby Dick (2010): Available on DVD (this one's hopefully going to be connected to the Mega Shark series already mentioned above all too soon if I'm not mistaken, so it still counts).

Mega Piranha (2010): Available on DVD.

Mega Python vs. Gatoroid (2011): Available on DVD.

2 Lava 2 Lantula (2017): Avaiable on DVD.

Lake Placid: Legacy (2018): Avaiable on DVD.

5-Headed Shark Attack (2018): Available on DVD.

6-Headed Shark Attack (2019): Available on DVD.

Again, I'd like to have confirmation on these 13 films' availability on home video in any form as of this date.

Btw, I wonder why 4-Headed Shark Attack was never made. I mean, shouldn't that be obvious?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:36 am, edited 17 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Btw, I wouldn't call what I did with the OP spamming. All I was doing was putting in other giant monster films that I did ask you to put in it nicely, but, unfortunately, my suggestions were ignored (to put it as politely as possible). This was even after you did say any additions to the list would be greatly appreciated. Besides, many of the films on the list also hadn't had their availability status updated in who knows how long; all I did was both add to it and update it in the only way I could figure out how.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.