The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby TheSecondComing » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
TheSecondComing wrote:This topic is a very good idea. I'm also interested in older formats, be it VHS, laserdisc, Beta, Super 8, etc.

I don't think I'll be covering that as it's far too grand a scope for me to tackle.

Understandable. I'm willing to help based on my collection/what I know as well. Good info to gather for public record + informational purposes.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Legionmaster/pWo.jpg[/img]

Mr. Yellow
Samurai

Postby Mr. Yellow » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm

I think it’s worth it if the show is only available on that format...like the aforementioned Amazing Colossal Man.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Vakanai
Samurai

Postby Vakanai » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Which reminds me, I have an old VHS copy of Attack of the Super Monsters. Perhaps the best giant monster of all time! Should really be on this list...

Mr. Yellow
Samurai

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 am

"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji
Keizer

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Vakanai wrote:Which reminds me, I have an old VHS copy of Attack of the Super Monsters. Perhaps the best giant monster of all time! Should really be on this list...

It uh, is on the list.

Mr. Yellow wrote:Here's another couple lists to go from...

http://www.theinfolist.com/php/SummaryG ... 20monsters

http://kaiju.wikidot.com/glossary

I think that first one is a direct copy/paste of the Wikipedia list.

I’ve been tackling most of the Sci-Fi original movies, gonna try to finish that soon and then start looking into films without DVD/BR releases and maybe some more public domain films.

Added in 9 hours 27 minutes 17 seconds:
Recent information has come to light that Mill Creek’s Gamera Blu-Rays and the Legacy Collection DVD are slowly phasing into OOP status.

If you’ve been on the fence about picking these up, now would be a great time to grab them while they’re still cheap.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things Godzilla!
Steam! (PM me if you add me!)

Mr. Yellow
Samurai

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Man, these types of releases go OOP so incredibly fast it seems. Maybe not.

Added in 21 hours 8 minutes :
Here is a handy resource site for Kaiju and Tokusatsu releases. The pain is you have to keep checking the site as there's no Twitter or anything to follow.

http://kaijuhometheatre.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kore321
Ronin

Postby Kore321 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 pm

Cool list.
Other movies not on the list Terrordactyl 2016 and Grabbers.

Return to “Monster Manor”