Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017)

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:05 pm

The long awaited sequel and third installment of the Jeepers Creepers franchise has released its trailer!

Even then as intriguing as this one might be having seen the last two. I'm really hesitated in seeing this due to the directors past involving an incident during one of his previous films and only found out about it later after having seen the first two. If you don't get what I mean, look it up.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017)

Postby The One and Only » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Poster.
Been a fan since seeing the first one, and the second one with the Creeper getting his due at the hands of the father of one of his victims was just as good. I'm familiar with the Creeper's creator's own nasty crimes. He at least served his time in prison for what he did. Hasn't ruined my enjoyment of the franchise.
"A wraith man ! A ghost ! A evil spirit-and it ain't cool !"

MM Raids Again
JXSDF Technician

Postby MM Raids Again » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:04 am

Love the first two. Will see this. As for the director's past crimes... Yeah, it's pretty bad. However, he did pay his debt to society. He served his time and, from what we know, hasn't been doing anything wrong since. He's forever labeled as a deviant and a predator for what he did. I'm not trying to defend the guy, but I'm not going to let his history ruin one of my favorite horror characters and movies.
Did you miss me?

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Sorry. Can't. Not after what Victor Salva did. Nope.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Postby HayesAJones » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:09 pm

I didn't know that about the director and that's really skreeonked up, but I think there's a divide between creator and creation. If there wasn't, how could anyone enjoy anything without knowing everything about the personal life of the author/director/actor/ect.? I might wait for reviews to see if it's well received though. Love one and two, but threes seem to suffer.
"Nooooooooooooooo Hedorah, Sherlock~."

XxComablack1937xX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:28 pm

I'm going to see this movie, i love Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2....Yes i know what the director did and it is disgusting, but he did pay his debt. (That doesn't mean he will be forgiven nor should he be) But i do love the Creeper he is a great unique villain.... There's still a lot of story to tell about him and i'd hate to see the character die simply because the director is a POS.

Plus what he did happened way before Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 so and people still went to see them. Myself included... Another 10$ if its a good movie wont hurt my wallet
Last edited by XxComablack1937xX on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:50 pm

A new trailer folks.
"A wraith man ! A ghost ! A evil spirit-and it ain't cool !"

GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:18 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 73676.html

Nope. It's official I can't watch this movie now. It seems this creep haven't changed his ways since that incident...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Did anyone manage to see the film in its limited release? I finally got around to watching the second film after having seen the first several times, and both movies are pretty enjoyable creature features with some great creepy scenes. I would definitely say the first film is superior overall, but the second film as greater highs, such as when the Creeper grows a new head. I just hope this third film manages to be better than Salva's more recent films, like Rosewood Lane and Dark House, which I heard are quite terrible.
Last edited by Mr. Xeno on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Nope, still can't watch it regardless of on TV or not. Not after what Victor Salva did over 30 years ago. He should still be rotting in jail rather then walking among us especially considering he hasn't changed his ways. Don't believe me? The creep puts his pedophilia fantasies into his works as shown in these certain scenes of the Jeepers Creepers movies.

The Creeper sniffing out Darry's underwear.

The Creeper licking the windows of the bus and winking at one of the victims.

Shirtless guys tanning on top of the bus.

And the fact he added a joke involving child abuse in this film.

Pedophilia is one of the worst crimes one can commit and among the most unforgivable (Many people don't realize how much such an incident can affect a child's life being a part of it forever, if that was your child or you, you probably wouldn't be saying "He did his debt" or "Its been [insert years or decades], let it go, the past is the past"), it doesn't matter how long it had been, once a pedophile, always a pedophile. No turning back. Also how anyone can still work with this sick creep is beyond me.

It's one thing if the person has screwed up in the past being drunk, doing drugs, etc. But to me, there is a limit and pedophilia is one of those which is easily over the limit.

So no, Victor Salva doesn't deserve any defense. This was molesting a child and only punishment is getting a slap on the wrist. Not "getting drunk, doing drugs or saying something stupid". I mean if Hitler were alive today, you can bet your ass people wouldn't be forgiving him even if it was decades ago and before you ask yes I consider pedophilia to be as horrible as genocide/millions of deaths.

The fact this guy can get away with only an over one year sentence for something much worst then people having to have their due longer involving drugs like marijuana or taxes (Look up Wesley Snipes) baffles me, the justice system is just totally broken...

I mean I get it though what some have said. There's the whole separate the art from the creator but I just can't. It's hard to after what he had done. Watching or paying for these movies is basically supporting and giving him money but that's just me, I'll respect what others think but I just can't see why and understand that.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MM Raids Again
JXSDF Technician

Postby MM Raids Again » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:57 am

Watched it on Syfy and... yeah. What a big disappointment. Felt like a Syfy original and everything. And looked extremely low budget, even compared to the first two.
Did you miss me?

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Postby Cybermat47 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:39 am

MM Raids Again wrote:Love the first two. Will see this. As for the director's past crimes... Yeah, it's pretty bad. However, he did pay his debt to society. He served his time and, from what we know, hasn't been doing anything wrong since.

His time was a joke. 3 years for sexually assaulting a 12 year old boy - and he only ended up serving 15 months. That’s the sort of sentence you should get for burglary. And I wouldn’t describe sexual assault as being “pretty bad”... I think it would be more accurate to say “absolutely disgusting and horrifying”.

And just read GodzillaFan1990’s posts - the sick skreeonk is defending what he did!

GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 am

Cybermat47 wrote:His time was a joke. 3 years for sexually assaulting a 12 year old boy - and he only ended up serving 15 months.

6 years actually.

Cybermat47 wrote:And just read GodzillaFan1990’s posts - the sick skreeonk is defending what he did!

What are you talking about? No I'm not. Did you even read my posts carefully? I said the creep should still be rotting in jail and explaining why he shouldn't be walking among us still or getting any defense nor forgiveness. :?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Grasper

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:53 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:What are you talking about? No I'm not. Did you even read my posts carefully? I said the creep should still be rotting in jail and explaining why he shouldn't be walking among us still or getting any defense nor forgiveness. :?

The sick skreeonk he's referring to is Victor Salva himself, not you. He's saying your post has information explaining that Salva is defending himself.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I just write because i go "Wow that would be fucken cool, dinosors punching the Hedorah out of eachother"

King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:58 am

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:The sick skreeonk he's referring to is Victor Salva himself, not you. He's saying your post has information explaining that Salva is defending himself.

I see. Well he could've worded it better because that's what it sounded like. My bad then.

GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Grasper

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:09 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:The sick skreeonk he's referring to is Victor Salva himself, not you. He's saying your post has information explaining that Salva is defending himself.

I see. Well he could've worded it better because that's what it sounded like. My bad then.

Even though absolutely nothing in your post could possibly be construed as a defense of him in any way whatsoever? I'm not trying to hold anything against you, we all make mistakes, but I just want to make sure.
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I just write because i go "Wow that would be fucken cool, dinosors punching the Hedorah out of eachother"

King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 am

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Even though absolutely nothing in your post could possibly be construed as a defense of him in any way whatsoever? I'm not trying to hold anything against you, we all make mistakes, but I just want to make sure.

Well again I thought maybe he didn't read my post carefully enough, anyways no harm done. As you said, mistakes or misinterpretation can be made.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Postby Cybermat47 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:14 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Even though absolutely nothing in your post could possibly be construed as a defense of him in any way whatsoever? I'm not trying to hold anything against you, we all make mistakes, but I just want to make sure.

Well again I thought maybe he didn't read my post carefully enough, anyways no harm done. As you said, mistakes or misinterpretation can be made.

You misunderstood me as misunderstanding you :lol:

GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Cybermat47 wrote:You misunderstood me as misunderstanding you :lol:

Yeah I know now. Sorry about that... :lol:

XxComablack1937xX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Well the directors history put aside.

Saw it on SyFy and it felt direct to TV. If this guy felt any respect towards the character he created he would let someone else direct and let it get full theatrical release and a decent budget.

No studio is going to throw him a modest budget. This film was weak, i'd barely give it a 4/10 and that's being polite... Not to mention it takes place between 1 and 2 which is confusing to the casual viewer when we should have taken place right after 2 ended.

Now the ending of this one shows the next sequel will take place AFTER 2 which is even more confusing... Seems like this might be the end of the Creeper until the eventual Reboot. Shame....

Return to “Monster Manor”