Netlix's CASTLEVANIA !

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Netlix's CASTLEVANIA !

Postby The One and Only » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:15 am

Surprised not to find a thread on this.
Trailer.

New animated series debuting on Netflix July 7. Written by comic book legend Warren Ellis. Produced by Adi Shankur(Power Rangers Fan Flick, Punisher:Dirty Laundry) and Warren Ellis. The series details the last member of disgraced Belmont Clan journeying to Transylania to stop Vlad Tepes from completing his plans. Which might end up bringing extinction to all of Eastern Europe. :shock:
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

PRIMEVAL
Futurian

Re: Netlix's CASTLEVANIA !

Postby PRIMEVAL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 am

I always dug the style and music of Castlevania, though never able to play much of it. Looking forward to this.

Jomei
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Jomei » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Will definitely have to try it. I've been a fan of all the Metroid-style Castlevanias.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:04 pm

This and Godzilla: Monster Planet are the only reasons why I'm considering getting a Netflix account.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:08 am

Jomei wrote:Will definitely have to try it. I've been a fan of all the Metroid-style Castlevanias.

If a Vampire Hunter D anime series was done in this exact style, I'd drop money for a Netflix account because I really love this sort of genre. and their art styles. Shame that Vampire hunter D is obscure still.

If this looks good, I might have to.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Is this an anime?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Is this an anime?

I know it's animated by Frederator, but I don't know if they're working with Japanese animators as well given that it's far more detailed than most of the studio's work has ever been in it's history. Something tells me that they significantly had a jump in production values or they're working with some Korean or Japanese studio since Adi Shankar can afford that sort of money.

Whatever it is, I'm calling it anime as much as Voltron, Avatar and Korra was.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 am

Another vampire centered anime that was released back in 2011, was the Marvel/Madhouse BLADE anime.

Which, coincidently, was also written by Warren Ellis to boot. It featured the Daywalker pursuing Deacon Frost across the Pacific Rim, and encountering all sorts of vampires native to the region.

Added in 13 hours 33 minutes 34 seconds:
Voice casting announcement.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:53 pm

This show was really underwhelming. Poor characters, poor action, bad voice acting and bad sound design in general. Overall just a very shallow show. I'm extremely disappointed.

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 am

I really liked it... as a start. To me it felt like a pilot episode. It assembled and established the main cast, as well as the villain, but really didn't have a conclusion.

Really dug the animation, especially the nice lighting and shadow tricks they did. The brutality and gore didn't feel edgy oddly, it felt appropriate, and I liked the humanization of Dracula.

I also really liked Trevor, though the opening scene felt really similar to Berserk with Guts in the bar.

It left me wanting way way way more, but it's really obvious how restrained it is. There's a few enemies and throwbacks to the games, mainly the cyclops, some candles and the way the action is done, like when's Trevor throws an axe. However, so much iconic Castlevania stuff, the skull pillars, medusa heads all the random bosses and excellent music is completely missing.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Warren Ellis, wunderscribe of CASTLEVANIA, announces via Twitter ,that Season 2 will be here this summer. With eight episodes to boot.
https://twitter.com/warrenellis/status/954460793814376448

Added in 4 months 19 days 16 minutes :
Season Two will be hitting this summer, and according to Trevor himself, Richard Armitage. CASTLEVANIA'S third season is already underway to get recorded.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3503013/looks-like-netflix-already-working-on-season-3-castlevania/

Pkmatrix
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 am

THIRD season? This is the first I'm hearing of a Season 3! :D

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:53 am

Trailer for Season Two.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Just finished the entire series (so far).

GojiDog
Yin-Yang Master

Postby GojiDog » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 am

Just finished it yesterday.

Very good, and I still maintain that this is the best video game adaptation I've ever seen.

Instead of calling it "Season 2", it really does feel like they finished Season 1, considering S1 was so short and ended so abruptly.

The momentum of the story this season did come to a halt at one point, but the character interactions and the new characters on Dracula's forces livened things up, and made for more of a fun watch.

There were also two moments that I totally geeked out for, but I won't say what it was to avoid spoilers.

I guess my only question is how the heck they are going to continue this into Season 3 considering how 2 ended, but we'll just wait and see I guess.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:47 am

Slightly off topic, but still exciting information nonetheless.

Care to discuss what to expect from such a project? As awesome as this sounds I think it would be best if Shankar waited a couple more years, at least until he finishes his Castlevania series and the recent 2016 Berserk anime can be more of a memory by that point.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grievous
G-Grasper

Postby Grievous » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:02 am

So...I really enjoyed both seasons of the Netflix Castlevania anime.

It was easy to watch with plenty of monsters, action & gore.

:thumbsup:
Now that we're dead my dear...We can be together! Now that we're dead my dear...We can live forever!

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 am

I very much enjoyed season 2, seeing the struggle for power within the Vampire community and when the trio of heroes finally got to fight the cography (misspelled that to poop) was very well done, especially enjoy the animation of Simon expertly manipulating something as hard to use as a chain based weapon that has a mini-mace at the end.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Living Corpse wrote:I very much enjoyed season 2, seeing the struggle for power within the Vampire community and when the trio of heroes finally got to fight the cography (misspelled that to poop) was very well done, especially enjoy the animation of Simon expertly manipulating something as hard to use as a chain based weapon that has a mini-mace at the end.

Actually it was Trevor in the show.

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Doh!

How did I make that mix up?

Return to “Monster Manor”