Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:03 pm

While the mini T.V. series was good for it's time and Tim Curry was fantastic as Pennywise this was long over-due for a Re-Adaptation.
It's based more solely on the Novel not the mini-series which aired on TV in the early 1990's.
Cast seems great, IT is terrifying as it should be.

This is my most anticipated movie of 2017 other then Alien: Covenant. What do you guys think?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Definitely liked the original mini-series of it. I'll give this one a shot for sure as I enjoy Stephen King's work, granted I don't this will top the classic one.

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Postby ZinK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:23 am

Looks much better than the original, this is the IT movie I want.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

BlueGojira
Yin-Yang Master

Postby BlueGojira » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 am

The trailer was actually horrifying, it's one of the few horror movies that a trailer actually makes me want to go see it. IT was already an amazing mini-series and novel, but this looks like the directors know what they're doing. I love this trailer so much, especially the..

Spoiler:
..projector part.

I need to see this movie as soon as it comes out.
SoleMan wrote:I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:11 am

The first mini-series wasn't scary. While this looks more serious, it came 18 years too late for me. Not too interested.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Postby ShinGi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:55 pm

The trailer looked great, I wasn't really liked the images that were released before but this has made me interested again in this.

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 pm

That trailer was hilarious. The pratfall at the beginning completely ruined any atmosphere it had. In fact, I've noticed a lot of faithful Stephen King adaptations have a problem being unintentionally hilarious. Or maybe I'm just not viewing his writing in the right light.

I do like the production values, though. Most horror movie are no-budget affairs, so ones like this, Life, and Alien: Covenant are very much appreciated. It's a shame horror movies aren't financially successful enough to warrant movies like Guillermo del Toro's At The Mountains Of Madness.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:42 pm

IT trailer sets a new record, 200 million views within 24 hours.... Very impressive, you would expect that from a blockbuster like Fast an Furious but congrats to IT i hope the movie breaks records

link - http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... n-24-hours

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Postby Bigdog » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:28 am

Mr. Xeno wrote:That trailer was hilarious. The pratfall at the beginning completely ruined any atmosphere it had. In fact, I've noticed a lot of faithful Stephen King adaptations have a problem being unintentionally hilarious. Or maybe I'm just not viewing his writing in the right light.

I do like the production values, though. Most horror movie are no-budget affairs, so ones like this, Life, and Alien: Covenant are very much appreciated. It's a shame horror movies aren't financially successful enough to warrant movies like Guillermo del Toro's At The Mountains Of Madness.

The first images and an actor acting like a total brat over social media because people were criticizing the hilarious over-edginess got me off the wrong foot. Now I don't need to see this one. Oh well. :lol:

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:19 am

Hopefully one day they could properly re-adapt The Shining.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:47 am

New Picture of IT grabbing Beth, loving the updated look

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 am

Started reading the novel last weekend in prep. VERY long winded Stephen King, but moderately enjoyable so far. I'm really warming up to this new film as well.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Postby ShinGi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:58 am

Mr. Xeno wrote:Started reading the novel last weekend in prep. VERY long winded Stephen King, but moderately enjoyable so far. I'm really warming up to this new film as well.

Me too, I think it has the potential to be a great movie. People love the original TV Movie but other than a amazing performance by Curry it didn't have a lot going for it. The perfect movie to do a remake of.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Hopefully there's more to be afraid of in this film than
Spoiler:
hundreds of skreeonking balloons. Balloons aren't creepy, nor are they forboding.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:Hopefully there's more to be afraid of in this film than
Spoiler:
hundreds of skreeonking balloons. Balloons aren't creepy, nor are they forboding.

If you have read the Novel and seen a lot of behind the scene photo's, it's def a lot more graphic then the first esp with what happens to Georgie.
That an the Leper scene, which is just insanely creepy in the book and will be in this film. Plus the director himself has also confirmed Pennywise will not be hidden like less is more. When he is there he's there in full in all his glory.

Balloons is more like showing Pennywise is there, much like the Jaws theme. The shark is there, but instead of asking where? You'll be asking what form since Pennywise is a huge shape-shifter.

Transforming from things like Dracula, The Mummy, Creature from the black lagoon, leeches even the shark from Jaws. Not saying these will all be in the film but there's a lot from the Novel that this film can offer.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am

XxComablack1937xX wrote:
Spoiler:

If you have read the Novel and seen a lot of behind the scene photo's, it's def a lot more graphic then the first esp with what happens to Georgie.
That an the Leper scene, which is just insanely creepy in the book and will be in this film. Plus the director himself has also confirmed Pennywise will not be hidden like less is more. When he is there he's there in full in all his glory.

Balloons is more like showing Pennywise is there, much like the Jaws theme. The shark is there, but instead of asking where? You'll be asking what form since Pennywise is a huge shape-shifter.

Transforming from things like Dracula, The Mummy, Creature from the black lagoon, leeches even the shark from Jaws. Not saying these will all be in the film but there's a lot from the Novel that this film can offer.

Yeah, I knew that the balloons signified the presence of It. But the problem was that I didn't even find It to be that scary, even when I was 8 years old.

Creepy? Yeah. Actually terrifying? Not really. He became more comical as the miniseries went on. If this movie is to surpass the previous attempt, it has to avoid falling into that trap.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Postby ShinGi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 pm

XxComablack1937xX wrote:
Spoiler:

I remember reading that It is going to transform into new monsters that are much scarier than the old ones.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:13 am

How are you guys on a Godzilla message board and forget to mention that IT transformed into Rodan at one point in the novel?

I highly doubt that scene will be in the film, but it is being made by WB... who has the rights to Rodan now too. So the potential is there.

Edit: I hope one thing they take from the original mini series is leaving the Outer Space origin and the rival Turtle out of the movie. I always thought they were dumb.

I much rather have IT just be this mysterious force that nobody knows where it came from, or why it's going what its doing.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Mon May 08, 2017 2:42 pm

A new teaser trailer has been released for IT, shows a lot more of the chemistry with the Losers club and you get to see the full shot of Pennywise face which he looks fantastic

link -

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:46 am

Official Trailer will be out this Thursday.

Added in 21 hours 59 minutes 17 seconds:

Return to “Monster Manor”