Stranger Things

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Stranger Things

Post by RamshackleRanger »

LegendZilla wrote:You all suspect that Billy is gay, yet he clearly showed attraction to Ms.Wheeler. If he’s not gay, maybe he’s at least bisexual.
I thought he was trying to manipulate her into revealing the kid's location?

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

November 6 is now STRANGER THINGS DAY.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Season 3 trailer is here.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Barely a trailer. Just the intro with the titles of the episodes. Let's not mislead people.

The One and Only
Futurian

The real trailer, teaser will more than likely show up during the Super Bowl like Season Two's did. It was the highest rated commercial next to the Toyota ad with Mellissa McCarthy.

Added in 22 days 1 hour 18 minutes 32 seconds:
And we have date folks.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

*Looks Around*

So...

This show is actually good right?

Its not just an overrated & over hyped version of Super 8 right?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Grievous wrote:*Looks Around*

So...

This show is actually good right?

Its not just an overrated & over hyped version of Super 8 right?
I think so. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Zarm wrote:I think so. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Oh Good...

I don't usually watch "TV Shows" but I really enjoyed Stranger Things...
both seasons of it.

:thumbsup:
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

The One and Only
Futurian

"Rats come to play" teaser for a trailer to the third season coming July 4.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/355155 ... er-teaser/

Added in 10 hours 12 minutes 34 seconds:
Finally, the Season 3 trailer has arrived. :huge:
Spoiler:
And I thought they(the producers) ,were going to stop torturing Will ?
Last edited by The One and Only on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Stranger Things might be the greatest show I've ever seen. Can NOT wait for season 3!!!

The One and Only
Futurian

STRANGER THINGS come with the arrival of New Coke.
Last edited by The One and Only on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

Season 3 is out now!...I've been watching this since 6 in the morning...
Resized Image 

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

We just watched the first two episodes to the new season. They were good, though the first episode suffers from a lot of pacing issues. It really dragged on in places, but I get why, it has to set up everything.

Too bad they
Spoiler:
didn't kill off Not-Jason because he is the most worthless character in the show. It's not bad enough he abuses his sister, but now he goes and hits on mothers? What a friggin scumbag!

Loved the stuff with Nancy and Jonathan.

Hopper's reactions to Ele and Mike are hilarious, and yet, he's such an asshole. I don't feel sorry for him getting blown off by the mother.

Highly enjoyed the shopping mall stuff in episode 2.
That's all I really have for now, but I noticed this season is only 8 episodes. I'm wondering if that means Netflix has finally decided to just let a story be told with however many of episodes is needed instead of having it mandated that a show must be a certain number of episodes. Hopefully this season will make episode 8 from Season 2 actually have a purpose.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I binged the season yesterday and honestly loved it. I like it more than season 2, which wasn't bad, but it just didn't hit the spot for me. I really liked getting to see the kids grown up a bit more and everyone dealing with growing up. I don't want to potentially spoil anyone so I'm gonna put the rest in a tag.

Just a few thoughts at the moment:
Spoiler:
1) I actually really loved getting to see El get to just have normal moments in life finally, hanging with the rest of the gang, learning you occasionally get mad at your friends/SO, etc. It was just nice that after all the shit she went through, she at least got a few episodes of doing normal people things. Plus, her fashion sense is bitchin'.

2) On the topic of El, she has always been a total badass but this season, oh my god, I got chills sometimes when she went into a fight, kudos to Millie. When she flung the Mind Flayer around in the hospital like a rag doll, wall to wall, ceiling to ground, I was grinning like an idiot. El will protect anyone she cares about and you do not want to be in her way. She even ripped the giant Mind Flayer's head in half and stunned it at the cabin! I just feel so bad that right now she can't access her powers, I know they'll come back eventually next season and their absence will be used for character growth, but she lost so much this season, and that was a large part of her identity.

3) I liked the underlying theme of everyone having to face different struggles as they come of age and their life goes forward; Mike has to learn how to deal with his girlfriend breaking up with him and how to balance his love and social life, Will and Dustin are dealing with their other friends drifting away to other interests, Will especially when he destroyed his fort symbolizing the bittersweet frustration of growing up and realizing there is nothing he can do about it. Even the older kids were done well in this regard, Steve is feeling like a failure and that his life is currently at a standstill, Robin is having to deal with the guy she previously loathed in school and mustered up the courage to come out to him, and Nancy having to push through the sexist workplace of the 80s and assert her worth. All well done.

4) Speaking of Nancy, SHE IS A TOTAL BADASS!! Like we've known since season 1 since she made the bat and started to shoot at the demogorgon, but seeing her standpoint blank at Billy as she fired a gun, unblinking, to buy the others time was so cool. I love that she is a gentle person at her core but she can hold her ground and is so courageous.

5) THE MOTHER FUCKING MIND FLAYER HOLY SHIT. I thought it was pretty intimidating last season, but this time around they really bumped up the horror factor. Not only can it control people's minds, but it got control of about 30 people and then had their body and guts melt into it to increase its own mass?? Like well fucking done, an interdimensional, super intelligent monster that is made out of human flesh and bone, I dig it.
I'll probably have some more points when I actually stop and really think and write it down, but for now I'll just say that this season is amazing in my books, probably gonna rewatch it sometime soon.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Well we just watched 5-8 and this season was terrific, but it was not without its flaws.

First off, Hopper was an utter asshole the entire season. It really took him away from being my favorite character of the show. Fortunately,
Spoiler:
the speech he had in the note at the end at least gave him a reason for being a complete and utter dickwad, but that still doesn't make me like what they did with him. I feel like they character assassinated him until the last episode, in which they DID assassinate him. :lol
I loved the three subplots that were happening as it really kept the show engaging and it didn't just repeat the same steps the first two did. On the other hand, doing jackshit with the plot from Episode 7 of Season 2 makes that episode utterly worthless as there was no payoff for it. I think my favorite of the subplots was Dustin's with the underground lab.

Robin was the stand out character for me. I'm amazed at how great she could act. She clearly gets it from her mom and not her dad. The character was well written too as I loved how
Spoiler:
she was able to figure out Russian in the span of the day. The best part though was when she called the Russians out while drugged for how pathetic their secret code was.
Not to mention that she had really great chemistry with Steve, who was really good this time around too.

I do have to say that Mike and Lucas did jack shit this entire season, which was disappointing. Mike's entire purpose for existing was
Spoiler:
just to get Max and Ele to build a friendship and for him to just whine the entire season. Ugh. It's sad that Lucas' sister was far more integral to the plot than he was. I absolutely adored her "Operation Child Endangerment" bit and then the MLP conversation she had with Dustin.
The reporter people all got what they deserved.

It was nice that they actually did something with Billy this season. It was fitting and
Spoiler:
good riddance!
Cary Elwes was wasted.

Overall, like I said, it was an excellent season. I also love how conclusive it feels. If you were to shut it off before the credit scene, it would make for the perfect series finale. I just don't see what more they can do with these characters at this point. I feel like they have all been taken as far as they can go. Also, how much more can Hawkins take before the residence stop being a bunch of fucking blind ass idiots?

Speaking of the credit scene,
Spoiler:
clearly the Russians learned NOTHING!
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think the Duffers planned for 5 seasons if I recall correctly.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Hey y'all so for a while now I've heard of this show and its popularity hearing it around the internet and so weeks ago while on a trip to San Diego with my dad and meeting up with my brother and sister-in-law I decided to finally give this series a look.

So far really great. I like the premise, the 80s feel to it which makes you feel like you are. I had watched another episode tonight. Currently on episode 7 as it is.

I can't wait for more what comes up. :D

Best part about episode 7 was
Spoiler:
Justin giving Steve that ass kicking. Too bad he winded up in jail for it.

The One and Only
Futurian

Some interesting fan made material. First as quoted by Chief Hopper himself, David Harbour, "So funny I laughed my mustache off." HOPPER, P.I.

And picture STRANGER THINGS:The Anime.

Added in 2 months 16 days 12 hours 20 seconds:
Season 4 is leaving Hawkins.

Added in 4 months 18 days 10 hours 16 minutes 37 seconds:
Belated Valentine's Day love from the U.S.S.R.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

Based on this post from David Harbour's Instagram account, it seems production of season 4 has resumed following its Cornavirus pandemic-inspired hiatus: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_GSUPdHvlf/

God(zilla)speed, everyone. :angel:
Friends don't lie.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Didn’t know where to put this but apparently the plot for season 4 leaked on 4chan. The post linked to it on Reddit was taken down so it may be legit.
Yooo 8-)