Ghostbusters General Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

Favorite Ghostbusters Movie

Ghostbusters (1986)
86%
Ghostbusters 2
7%
Ghostbusters (2016)
7%

Total votes: 57

g2vd
Kwaidan

Re: Ghostbusters General Thread

Postby g2vd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:10 pm

ernesth100 wrote:HahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHA! Looks like mindless popcorn fun. If by any chance I do see. I wont see it in theaters unless someone comes and suffers with me. But seriously this is exactly what I expected. So Im not as cringed and dissappointed as everyone else. Besides they cant all be winners.

You have failed your country.

Yeah, I didn't laugh at all during this trailer...there were a few funny bits such as the wig hat, the Black actress slapping (Marchartiney)?, the ghost puking on..that actress, and the Ecto 1's reveal but other than that it wasn't funny at all.

It's like every stupid over played to hell joke rolled into one movie.

It was pretty cool to see Slimer again though.
Godzilla

EDF Soldier

Postby 3000 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:25 pm

Anyone know what the Genera Audience is saying about this movie so far?
Member of TK Since 2006

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Just look at the like/dislike ratio. :lol:
Godzilla

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:28 pm

3000 wrote:Anyone know what the Genera Audience is saying about this movie so far?

Overall negative from what I've seen
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Godzilla

EDF Soldier

Postby 3000 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:42 pm

^that was very out of place sexualizing of a woman for a movie that claims to be so progressive too.

Not that I have a problem with it neccessarily... just kinda jarring and out of place?
Member of TK Since 2006

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Underworld54 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:45 pm

We have a new GINO my peeps. :P
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Didn't like it, Didn't hate it.... It was just ''Meh'' might eventually watch it but so far def wont be paying to see it.

That trailer wasn't all that great. Enjoyed the way the demons look though, but there was nothing in that trailer that made me go ''This might be decent/i might wanna see it'' that's for sure.

Also didn't laugh or smirk once.
Last edited by XxComablack1937xX on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Visually, I must say that it looks quite impressive. Yeah, the ghosts are all CGI, but they seem to be doing some creative things with their designs, and the remix of the classic theme was very catchy.

The jokes were pretty lame, though. I just REALLY hope they're being smart by saving the best ones for the final film. I loved Paul Feig's last three movies, but this trailer didn't inspire the hope in me that I needed to stop listening to all the hate.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

gigan72
Keizer

Postby gigan72 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Mr. Xeno wrote:Visually, I must say that it looks quite impressive. Yeah, the ghosts are all CGI, but they seem to be doing some creative things with their designs, and the remix of the classic theme was very catchy.

The jokes were pretty lame, though. I just REALLY hope they're being smart by saving the best ones for the final film. I loved Paul Feig's last three movies, but this trailer didn't inspire the hope in me that I needed to stop listening to all the hate.

I agree. The ghost designs looked good enough, but the jokes weren't good at all. It's gonna take a lot more to restore my faith for this film after everything that's happened so far regarding it.
KaijuFiend wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?

No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that poop again.

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

EDF Soldier

Postby 3000 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:30 pm

A comedy that isn't funny. Gonna do great! :huge:
Member of TK Since 2006

TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Postby TheSecondComing » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

This is this year's Fantastic Four.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Legionmaster/pWo.jpg[/img]

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Yeah... pass. Bad movie is bad.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Postby Greyshot151 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:02 pm

So after reading all the posts I didn't see it as being...ATROCIOUS as many people are lamenting. It looks okay, maybe good. I'll hold final judgement for the film.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:05 pm

After a debate about this movie with a roommate earlier today, apparently I'm "sexist" for not agreeing with the film sacrificing a franchise with a large fanbase just to spread its message about gender equality.

The inability to dislike this movie without being labeled a "misogynist" skreeonking infuriates me more than anything the movie itself has done. I HOPE this film fails.

Gira, stop touching my posts. :P

Chicken.
Last edited by Kaiju-King42 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Jeff-Goldblum1
Interpol Agent

Postby Jeff-Goldblum1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Doesn't look too bad. I'll definitely see it one way or another.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Oh god, it's so bad. It's so bad.

I'm completely fine with a female Ghostbusters. There's absolutely no problem with that at all. IDW did it (mostly female) and it was fantastic.

But these jokes...these characters...it's all so horrible and lifeless.

And even if the characters were male in the trailer, it would still be bad.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:06 pm

The All-New, All-Different Ghostbusters from IDW a few years back in case your wondering what some are talking about.

While I've kind of dreading this, it looks alright. The CGI looks decent enough. If your looking for God-didly awful CGI ghosts. Check out the 1999 remake of THE HAUNTING. And honestly I'm also getting sick of this Melissa McCarthy bashing. The woman is an awesome physical comedian. And just out and out funny. Her bits from her hosting Saturday Night Live got me laughing so hard, some would think I'd require an iron lung. here's two of them.
One of her as the worst horror movie audience member ever.

And her as a ruthless, abusive girls basketball coach.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/melissa-mccarthy-mock-rutgers-basketball-coach-on-snl/83221245
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:53 am

Kinda feel sorry for this movie. Its either gonna bomb harder than Fantastic Four or sustain itself purely on Nostalgia alone like Ninja Turtles and Transformers.
Every fan fic I've made so far http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 48#p624848
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDz...9FTHC6A/videos
I want Kong v Godzilla To Be like BvS but...y'know, better critically received. With Mothra filling the role of Wonder Woman and Ghidorah filling the role of Doomsday. Here's to hoping. :D

Calling It Now, GvKK, King Kong won't be an inch under 250 ft.

Starsteam
Keizer

Postby Starsteam » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:00 am

I'll say it again, there would be a whole lot less complaints if at least one member of the new team was a male, just like the IDW comics. Doesn't even have to be the leader. The new cast isn't any more diverse than the original (not that the femnies care, as long as men are out of the picture they'll defend anything).

Not that it would have helped this film any. At least this doesn't look like last year's Pixels.

I don't have any strong hate against McCarthy. She's just not my kind of funny. Really hoping Joel and the MST cast does a commentary with this film too, that's the only laughs I could get out of The Heat.

Return to “Monster Manor”