ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
MM Raids Again
Futurian

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Postby MM Raids Again » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:26 am

LegendZilla wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Anyone else hope Ultraman looks like the Giant God Warrior? I know I do!

Any idea on whether or not they’lol give Ultraman an updated skin texture instead of makin* him look like a rubber suit?

Been done.

Ultraman the Next. Set out to do what Anno and crew are most likely out to do also: reinvent the character.
Did you miss me?

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:11 am

MM Raids Again wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Anyone else hope Ultraman looks like the Giant God Warrior? I know I do!

Any idea on whether or not they’lol give Ultraman an updated skin texture instead of makin* him look like a rubber suit?

Been done.

Ultraman the Next. Set out to do what Anno and crew are most likely out to do also: reinvent the character.

Whereas The Next gave Ultraman a Guyver-esque organic armor-like skin texture, anyone have ideas for what other routes they could take (besides the whole Ironman-type power suit from the Netflix anime)? I am guessing they will go the whole being of light approach and give him a more-photon-like skin texture.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:13 am

LegendZilla wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

Been done.

Whereas The Next gave Ultraman a Guyver-esque organic armor-like skin texture any ideas for what other routes they could take (besides the whole Ironman-type power suit from the Netflix anime)?i am guessing they will go the whole being of light approach.

I'm betting either making him completely out of energy or they make him out of some sort of liquid "liquid light" that can change basic shape like the T-1000. Both ideas are absolute trash, IMO.
Did you miss me?

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:18 am

Can we expect something grotesque? Or was that only done to Godzilla because of the whole *Nuked Lizard* thing.

He did Shin Goji and the AoT film right? Seems like grotesque is his cup of tea.. I dig it.
Sith Apprentice.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:34 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Can we expect something grotesque? Or was that only done to Godzilla because of the whole *Nuked Lizard* thing.

He did Shin Goji and the AoT film right? Seems like grotesque is his cup of tea.. I dig it.

I think they will try to avoid the whole grotesque route since he is a superhero.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:24 am

The AoT films were bad, but that’s mainly because the original manga/anime were just difficult to adapt into big screen films. The actual fight at the end, between the two big titans is really cool and well done.

Ultraman will probably be completely normal. Maybe his personality, or whoever controls him will be darker and cynical, but I have no doubt we aren’t going to get some freakazoid. The monsters on the other hand...
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:43 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The AoT films were bad, but that’s mainly because the original manga/anime were just difficult to adapt into big screen films. The actual fight at the end, between the two big titans is really cool and well done.

I bet it was difficult. Whenever you switch an old period piece with a post apocalyptic setting, things get difficult. That was a change that didn't even need to happen.
Did you miss me?

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:12 pm

I know it's not happening but it would definitely raise my intreasting if this was in the Shin Godzilla verse. Even if not we'll see them fight eventually as I doubt they'll pass on the Shin Ultraman x Shin Godzilla x Eva marketing.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:30 pm

What if they made Ultraman look something along the lines of this?

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:31 pm

LegendZilla wrote:What if they made Ultraman look something along the lines of this?

No thank you.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:What if they made Ultraman look something along the lines of this?

No thank you.

I was half expecting a response like that to be honest.

*edit*

How about this?

I say all we need is to swap a traditional Ultraman face on it and bingo.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm

if the go literal with the "being of light" thing i could see something like that happening. prefer if he was a solid being though.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:37 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:if the go literal with the "being of light" thing i could see something like that happening. prefer if he was a solid being though.

Or maybe somewhere in between a light-being and solid being.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:37 pm

I'd just prefer something more akin to the traditional look, if this is going to be an adaptation of the original series. Not Dr. Manhattan.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Maritonic wrote:I'd just prefer something more akin to the traditional look, if this is going to be an adaptation of the original series. Not Dr. Manhattan.

Perhaps he could look like a regal knight in shining armor. his suit would reflect the sun's rays so well that he just looks like the most godliest being the world has ever seen. then the monsters could be the "scary dragons" that the knight would have to challenge in a fight,naturally looking horrifying to the eyes . which makes it all the more satisfying when Ultraman slices them in half.
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:45 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I'd just prefer something more akin to the traditional look, if this is going to be an adaptation of the original series. Not Dr. Manhattan.

Perhaps he could look like a regal knight in shining armor. his suit would reflect the sun's rays so well that he just looks like the most godliest being the world has ever seen. then the monsters could be the "scary dragons" that the knight would have to challenge in a fight,naturally looking horrifying to the eyes . which makes it all the more satisfying when Ultraman slices them in half.

I would very much prefer if they avoided the whole "armored" look that is all too-common when trying to redesign the character.

ray243
Yin-Yang Master

Postby ray243 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:23 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

Been done.

Whereas The Next gave Ultraman a Guyver-esque organic armor-like skin texture, anyone have ideas for what other routes they could take (besides the whole Ironman-type power suit from the Netflix anime)? I am guessing they will go the whole being of light approach and give him a more-photon-like skin texture.

He could look something like this:

Last edited by ray243 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:27 pm

He could literally just look the original Ultraman. We don’t know yet.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier

Postby LamangoKaijura » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Shin Ultraman.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:55 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/527382519989927965/606620133154095116/unknown.png
Shin Ultraman.

Return to “Monster Manor”