ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

Why the hell did they want to make Ultraman look like Ironman?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:Why the hell did they want to make Ultraman look like Ironman?
It's based off a manga where the SSSP builds Specium-powered suits to deal with illegal aliens. It's not the OG Ultraman.

RIP Evan.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Tsuburaya announces a “Global Fan Event”, Tsuburaya Convention, for Winter 2019

https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/848

So many thoughts about this. Magical, insane, inner-child stoking thoughts.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Any word on a dub cast?

Definitely looks like Ultraman is following Godzilla in building a global brand. Hoping for more stuff in the US.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Why the hell did they want to make Ultraman look like Ironman?
It's based off a manga where the SSSP builds Specium-powered suits to deal with illegal aliens. It's not the OG Ultraman.
A pretty good manga too, though that's not how I pictured Bemular's voice (especially since wee hints here and yon seem to indicate Bemular's a "she").

Also the animation looks a little...weird.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
A pretty good manga too, though that's not how I pictured Bemular's voice (especially since wee hints here and yon seem to indicate Bemular's a "she").

Also the animation looks a little...weird.
I've been checking it out but theres only so many volumes I can find. It is pretty nice. Little bit edgy occasionally but a pretty interesting new take on the franchise

Also, I can see that.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

The animation looks slightly better than I expected, but still not even close to being good. If you're going to CGI something, do it properly.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Maybe some traditional content will cleanse your pallet?

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Kaiju related question. There was a sauropod-esque Kaiju that was greenish and had some red crystal like spots on it's chest and body, does anyone know it off hand or am I crazy?

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Godzillakuj94 wrote:Kaiju related question. There was a sauropod-esque Kaiju that was greenish and had some red crystal like spots on it's chest and body, does anyone know it off hand or am I crazy?
This guy?

http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Drengeran
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

NSZ wrote:
Godzillakuj94 wrote:Kaiju related question. There was a sauropod-esque Kaiju that was greenish and had some red crystal like spots on it's chest and body, does anyone know it off hand or am I crazy?
This guy?

http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Drengeran
That's the one, thank you! The newest Gridman Kaiju reminded me of it but couldn't remember the name.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Well, if anyone was wondering whether we were getting a brand-new series after RB, here is your answer:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ry/.140451

We will have to wait until around the Fall to get an all-new series I think. I'm crossing my fingers.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

mikenes wrote:We will have to wait until around the Fall to get an all-new series I think. I'm crossing my fingers.
As has been the case since 2013. Now whether or not we’ll see it properly released in the US is the question, but considering Tsuburaya haven’t even hinted at anything...who knows.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
mikenes wrote:We will have to wait until around the Fall to get an all-new series I think. I'm crossing my fingers.
As has been the case since 2013. Now whether or not we’ll see it properly released in the US is the question, but considering Tsuburaya haven’t even hinted at anything...who knows.
The last two UM compilation shows lasted from January to around late June, lasting 25 episodes each like Orb & Geed did, each followed by a new 25-episode series that lasted from late June/early July till late December. Going by that setup, we’ll have to endure another 25 episode clip show in January & probably start to see news about the next series in the spring as the clip show starts to wind down.

Although I’m hoping that the whole Crunchyroll skip from this year was a mere hiccup and the cycle starts again next year. (Unless TsuPro finds a better platform.)
Last edited by Millenial88 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Yeah, I was thinking around April or so when we would start to see news of a brand-new series as well. Let's hope they make it happen!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Your excitement/disdain appears to be quite vague when you try to condense it.
Last edited by Millenial88 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Interesting in seeing where this leads. Not counting the Tiga dub there hasn't been an English language attempt at an Ultraman show in almost 20 years.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Interesting in seeing where this leads. Not counting the Tiga dub there hasn't been an English language attempt at an Ultraman show in almost 20 years.
What do you call the X and Ginga movies?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Interesting in seeing where this leads. Not counting the Tiga dub there hasn't been an English language attempt at an Ultraman show in almost 20 years.

If you don’t count 4Kids Tiga, then nearly 30 years actually.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.