ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
mikenes
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Postby mikenes » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:17 pm

No, I don't think so. At first I wasn't sure how I would like his ability, but now it has grown on me. It's different. I like it better than Sheperdon transforming into a saber, that's for sure.

Beef Bigshot
Keizer

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:58 pm

Eh I guess. I do wish he would like, NOT show up some times so we could get more Ginga seeing as the series is named after him. Wish Victory played more of a Hikari sort of role and only showed up occasionally. But oh well I guess.
Resized Image

pta917
Kwaidan

Postby pta917 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:03 pm

But still I think that the main Ultra is still Ginga even if Victory has some spotlights.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Beef Bigshot
Keizer

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Eh, I guess. Since this series has a nack for doing stuff differently, I guess this could be the first duel Ultra series with two Ultras consistently.

BTW is there a place to go to watch all the episodes yet? Im having trouble tracking some down
Resized Image

Megalon-5
G-Grasper

Postby Megalon-5 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Tsuburaya puts up an episode a week on their official channel.
"Someone could walk up to me with a loaded gun to my head and threaten "let go of TK or you will die!" You'd think I'd let go then? No. I would demand he just do it."-Alienhulk

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:01 am

Megalon-5 wrote:Tsuburaya puts up an episode a week on their official channel.

Yeah, but then they remove it after a week.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Beef Bigshot wrote:Eh, I guess. Since this series has a nack for doing stuff differently, I guess this could be the first duel Ultra series with two Ultras consistently.

BTW is there a place to go to watch all the episodes yet? Im having trouble tracking some down

Have any of the episodes even been subbed yet?
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:46 pm

So yeah…this is actually a thing.

Not sure how many of you knew about this. Hell, not even sure you wanted to know about this.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Birdman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_T2nn6GMA

Not sure how many of you knew about this. Hell, not even sure you wanted to know about this.

Umm...Ooookay
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Cut out the cringe worthy parts with the kids and it's not bad. It'd be cool to see an animated Ultraman show done by the team that did Transformers Prime.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

1tisoygoji
Futurian

Postby 1tisoygoji » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:50 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Cut out the cringe worthy parts with the kids and it's not bad. It'd be cool to see an animated Ultraman show done by the team that did Transformers Prime.

I'd dig an anime adaptation of the current Ultraman Manga. It could look really sick IMO.
TK's Jazz Enthusiast and Alcoholic

Megalon-5
G-Grasper

Postby Megalon-5 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:50 pm

I actually saw that the week it came out lol. Another foreign Ultra that Tsuburaya's gonna forget about :P

It's okay. I kinda like the transformation sequence Ribut has of him running.
"Someone could walk up to me with a loaded gun to my head and threaten "let go of TK or you will die!" You'd think I'd let go then? No. I would demand he just do it."-Alienhulk

mikenes
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby mikenes » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:23 pm

I like the fighting scenes and the way he kills off his opponents. But everything else, from the language to those freak'n kids... :|

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:35 pm

1tisoygoji wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:Cut out the cringe worthy parts with the kids and it's not bad. It'd be cool to see an animated Ultraman show done by the team that did Transformers Prime.

I'd dig an anime adaptation of the current Ultraman Manga. It could look really sick IMO.

You and me both brother.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Birdman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_T2nn6GMA

I could've lived without knowing about it... X_X

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 am

Just noticed I wound up the creator of this thread. However, I came across this by accident. http://www.ultrahawaii.jp/oahu/

So Ultra Hawaii was a thing. I consider it an honor to have Mother and Father of Ultra coming to Earth to renew their vows ;) Anyone else in the mood for some vacation pictures/videos? i sure am. Very found of their visit to Haleakala National Park (?) Short Cut Link, very gorgeous view.

mikenes
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby mikenes » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:53 pm

lol Pretty funny. Man, those views look great!

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:45 pm

mikenes
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby mikenes » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:30 am

Yeah, I watched it a couple of days ago. I thought that Birdon was going to get more screen time and cause more damage. So now we know where the next kaiju gets the canon from...

Megalon-5
G-Grasper

Postby Megalon-5 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 am

Man, Ginga S has been really improving over the last couple episodes. I kinda wish it was a full show now, but still, it's good to see Tsuburaya doing something that's having me want more.

I'm almost towards the end of Ultraman Leo, but man, what an odd show. It's not like odd in terms of like Ace or Taro, but just how it flip-flops so often. It can go from incredibly grim to being batshit goofy and weird, to being dark again. Like, there’s so many odd tonal shifts going on and one can tell Tsuburaya was trying EVERYTHING since Leo wasn’t as popular as previous shows. I mean, I’m really enjoying the show, but it’s an odd viewing experience.

Also, Astra is way underutilized as a character. He just shows up, helps Leo, then runs off again. They could've had a Gaia/Agul or Ginga/Victory thing going on, but it's kinda wasted.

Return to “Monster Manor”