ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by GigaBowserG »

He's actually calling it "Shin Ultraman"? The madman! :lol: Quite excited for it!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Hmmm. I don't quite know how to feel about the "Shin Ultraman". For some reason Anno's works don't really click with me.

But let's see how this comes along.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Dracosaurian wrote:Hmmm. I don't quite know how to feel about the "Shin Ultraman". For some reason Anno's works don't really click with me.

10 bucks says Anno will turn Ultraman into an actual "being of light" without a physical form. And it'll be extremely pretentious like all of his shit.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GigaBowserG wrote:
He's actually calling it "Shin Ultraman"? The madman! :lol: Quite excited for it!
Wait till we get Shin Gamera.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Interested to see where they go with this. Wouldn’t mind if Ultraman did have some aspects of being a “Being of Light’ actually be integrated into his design.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant28 wrote:Interested to see where they go with this. Wouldn’t mind if Ultraman did have some aspects of being a “Being of Light’ actually be integrated into his design.
A partially energy being, I'd still like him to have some solid parts.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

if they do go that route,then yes Ultraman should still solid,yet still an energy being like Anime Ghidorah.

now what about the monsters themselves? fair to assume something far more Shin G ish for the design.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Feels unnecessary to me honestly but that could change just don't why they have to actually call it Shin Ultraman
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Feels unnecessary to me honestly but that could change just don't why they have to actually call it Shin Ultraman
What;s next? Shin King Kong where he has bald spots? :lol:

But seriously I had a blast watching Shin Godzilla in theaters, bonus point for it being Spooktober. Maybe if we're lucky this will get a select release.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:Hmmm. I don't quite know how to feel about the "Shin Ultraman". For some reason Anno's works don't really click with me.

10 bucks says Anno will turn Ultraman into an actual "being of light" without a physical form. And it'll be extremely pretentious like all of his poop.
Eh. I don't personally find Shin Godzilla or that EVA series pretentious, but I also don't find those two to be the second coming of Jesus. I place those two in the realm of "just okay".

Maybe this time I'll enjoy a project of his. Time will tell. :|

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Wouldn’t this be nuts if it was in the same universe as Shin Godzilla? Toho is helping produce and distribute the film according to the article. If it was the case the title “Shin Ultraman” makes sense.... but if not just call it Ultraman: Being Of Light or something.
Last edited by Cookson on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cookson wrote:Wouldn’t this be nuts if it was in the same universe as Shin Godzilla? Toho is helping produce and distribute the film according to the article. If it was the case the title “Shin Ultraman” makes sense.... but if not just call it Ultraman: Being Of Light or something.
If they do decide to make Ultraman full on energy being instead of partially, don't hold back, make him like living fire.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:Wouldn’t this be nuts if it was in the same universe as Shin Godzilla? Toho is helping produce and distribute the film according to the article.
Half-jokingly brought up something similar to my brother, the opening of the movie begins with a brief shot of frozen Shin before cutting away to the new characters. Not expecting it at all; even if there are no ties to Shin Godzilla whatsoever I'm still excited to see Anno tackle Ultraman again.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

And people didn't believe me. Well its officially official now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I see Shinji Higuchi is involved too; so if nothing else, the movie will certainly LOOK great between the two of them!

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Living Corpse wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Feels unnecessary to me honestly but that could change just don't why they have to actually call it Shin Ultraman
What;s next? Shin King Kong where he has bald spots? :lol:

But seriously I had a blast watching Shin Godzilla in theaters, bonus point for it being Spooktober. Maybe if we're lucky this will get a select release.
I wouldn't bet against since it looks like Ultraman's getting renewed love in the states
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think we should be cautious with our expectations regarding Shin Ultraman.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:I think we should be cautiou# with our expectations regarding Shin Ultraman.
Nah.
Not at all.
Both directors are great and have had fantastic ideas and track records. Shin was the biggest and most succesful film in Japan for a while (modern classic). They know what they`re doing. Worst case scenario, it just won't be as good as shin.

All aboard the hype train!

YEEEEEET
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Anyone else hope Ultraman looks like the Giant God Warrior? I know I do!
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Stump Feet wrote:Anyone else hope Ultraman looks like the Giant God Warrior? I know I do!
Any idea on whether or not they’lol give Ultraman an updated skin texture instead of makin* him look like a rubber suit?